• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Firebug Idea Incendiary Ammo.

Geared117

Jan 28, 2010
So basically, we all want a new firebug weapon. The Flamethower is deadly but..wouldn't a flare gun or a molotov be nice? Well this is were my idea comes into.

First off Incendiary ammo would be something you get only as a firebug for a cheap price. All weapons, 9mm,hand cannons, lever action, etc. Will be able to use incendiary ammo, but not as much of a increase fire damage though. As incendiary bullets would do 30%(Non-Firebug) (1-6) Perk Damage Level, As the bullet damage itself is reduced down to 20%.

Second Incendiary ammo is only gotten from the trader. As the pipebombs cost 800 for 2 as any other perk besides demolition, the incendiary ammo would be for example 1000$ for anyone who wasn't firebug.
If firebug it would be cost by what perk level you are meaning it would start as (1)800$ then (2)700$,(3)600$, (4)450$, (5)300$, (6)250$.

Third Incendiary ammo, how it would work. Mattering on which gun you have, incendiary bullets would hit the target and spark them with fire. If hit more then 3 rounds it would catch the target on fire. examples, Single shot guns 9mm, handcannon, lever action, m14, xbow, will have 3 shots to catch target on fire. Fully Automatic guns will have 7 bullets. (Only non-firebug perks only get 30% fire damage.)

Specimens that are resistant to fire, probably meaning the husk and maybe fleshpound. Will have to take more bullets to catch on fire. instead of 3 or 10 it shall be 8 and 18 bullets that will catch these guys on fire. Also they take less dmg as difficulties go up.

Firebug as it levels gets damge increase with incendiary ammo, (1) 30%, (2) 50%, (3) 70%, (4) 85%, (5) 95%, (6) 105%. Also the Damage wtih guns would be increased from a 20% bullet damage debuff you get. So incendiary ammo bullet damage increase (1) 3%+, (2) 6%+, (3) 9%+, (4) 12%+, (5)15%+, (6) 20%+.

The item is simply something you buy, then reload your guns with the incendiary ammo and replace your regular ammo. It can be switched back and forth. Also you can sell it back and get rid of it. The way this would work is that when you switch, it automatically go into a cycle to reload all your guns. For example if you only have the 9mm you will only reload that. If you have 9mm, AK-47 and Hand cannon it will reload all of those in a cycle.

I know you might be thinking I got this from left 4 dead 2, but this is a completely different way on how it would work. Also we are in dire need for a firebug idea, as everyone says some kind of new flamethrower or a flare gun. Those are from TF2 tho, and blah blah blah. So forget a new flamethrower or a flare gun. Lets make some incendiary bullets for those hungry specimens. ;)

Tell me if you think this is a good idea or not. I thought hard about this one. CHEERS!

It's been suggested many times before and everytime people eventually come to the agreement that it's a bad idea.

The problem is that fire damage is either too small and worthless, or powerful enough to matter and thus overpowered because it works as an across the board buff for all weapons for firebug.

That, and it's pretty unrealistic

Last edited:
Upvote 0