• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Finding cooperative tankers more easily ingame

OK, here is my idea:

For easy identification...

Put Rainbow bumper stickers on 50% of all tanks at spawn and designate them only for the sardine-canning crowd.

And then put Taco bumper stickers on the other 50% for the single manley manned (work together as a battalion) tanks.

Fair enough?

But wait...

Since MOST players DO agree that they want their own tank the ratio should be more like 20% / 70%.

Oh and here is an option that will simply blow your mind: WHY NOT LET THE PEOPLE WHO PAYED FOR THE GAME DECIDE on an individual basis rather than let one group force their view over another group?

As a last resort, we could simply do a vote here on this forum and let the developers count the results. And then they could test it in Beta or something to see if it actually works online or not.

Thanks for listening.

Upvote 0
I agree with Lazarus

how does adding (TT) to ones name change anything else except bring those who want to drive with fully crewed tanks together to play the game on a much more efficient and beneficial basis...

...and plus you should be happy, because as long as there are more team tankers around, then there should be more tanks left for solo masters like you to chose from:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Well I for one think the TT thing is a good Idea. I posted a similar idea in another similar thread regarding the lone tanker subject.

I would take it further than that and actually patch the game so that there was a logo over the tank (like a "TT") showing this same thing when a TT person enteres it. I would then like to see the logo changed to ("F") showing the tank was now fully manned once it was fully occupied.

For people who prefer to do their teamwork play using 1 person per tank each, you could also put a logo (like a "LT") for Locked Tank etc.

Each player could edit his or her ini file to reflect either an LT or TT preference or leave their INI file alone if they don't want to show or see these logos over the tanks.

Just food for thought.

BTW, my prior post was mostly toungue in cheek humor but I appoligize if I went over the top. There are enough ruffled feathers here over this issue. And I plan to remain civil about all this as long as everybody else does the same.

Ultimately I think that the only solution that would make EVERYBODY happy would simply be for the developers to make bigger tank maps with more tanks.
And that is something that has of yet not been suggested.

Upvote 0
Well if people want to go off on there own in a tank let them, because the way the devs have made this game it is far more effective with a fully manned tank. 1man tanks are no match for me and my mate when we get going.

1 idea i like is increasing the swap times between different possitions in the tank, doing this would stop a small portion of the solo tankers, at least the 1s that dont want to die...

Upvote 0
TAW_BigBird said:
Well if people want to go off on there own in a tank let them, because the way the devs have made this game it is far more effective with a fully manned tank. 1man tanks are no match for me and my mate when we get going.

1 idea i like is increasing the swap times between different possitions in the tank, doing this would stop a small portion of the solo tankers, at least the 1s that dont want to die...
It's not about them being effective or not. On full servers it's about those other people who are left behind at spawn without a tank. They have the tankclass as well...
Pure selfishness I say...
On half empty servers this isn't the case though. It's a tough cookie to crack.

Upvote 0
Rrralphster said:
It's not about them being effective or not. On full servers it's about those other people who are left behind at spawn without a tank. They have the tankclass as well...
Pure selfishness I say...
On half empty servers this isn't the case though. It's a tough cookie to crack.

That is nothing but a cheap shot on your part. It has nothing to do with being selfish.

Most lone tankers like me will not run off with the only tank at spawn if there are mutliple tankers spawning with us. You are painting a small minority as the majority and that is simply not the case.

Some of us are simply better alone in tanks. What you want to do is chastise us for being as such and that is not fair. (if you want to talk about fairness).

Some of you guys act as though when you respawn and the a vehicle or class is not instantly available to you or a class is full, that it's somehow all our fault. Well big surprise here for ya...We ALL have to WAIT for vehicles to respawn.

So my suggestion is for you guys to do what WE do and that is to either wait your turn or change your class. Simple as that. Seems you guys like to blame the lone tankers for everything.

Mark my words. If the TT guys get the changes they want. They will find themselves playing online with bots and probably zero infantry.

Upvote 0
Honestly, think about what you are asking for.

When you die and respawn you want to see five tanks at spawn all giftwrapped for you with your initials painted on the sides for each crew member.

Please wake up from that dream because if that ever happens and you spawn with five tanks waiting for you then...<clue>SOMETHING IS WRONG!</clue>.

As the game is now, if there is one or No tanks at spawn it means that somebody out there is killing, caping or recaping for *YOUR TEAM* so stop being so damn selfish. Either wait your turn or change class.

And stop using "Realism" as an excuse to castrate good single tankers. It's not going to happen. At least now without ruining gameplay and the game in general.

Upvote 0
GonzoX said:
That is nothing but a cheap shot on your part. It has nothing to do with being selfish.

Most lone tankers like me will not run off with the only tank at spawn if there are mutliple tankers spawning with us. You are painting a small minority as the majority and that is simply not the case.

Some of us are simply better alone in tanks. What you want to do is chastise us for being as such and that is not fair. (if you want to talk about fairness).

Some of you guys act as though when you respawn and the a vehicle or class is not instantly available to you or a class is full, that it's somehow all our fault. Well big surprise here for ya...We ALL have to WAIT for vehicles to respawn.

So my suggestion is for you guys to do what WE do and that is to either wait your turn or change your class. Simple as that. Seems you guys like to blame the lone tankers for everything.

Mark my words. If the TT guys get the changes they want. They will find themselves playing online with bots and probably zero infantry.

I say introduce delays as a server option you can play on your solo tanking servers while us team tankers can play on team tanking servers, everyone is a happy camper then.

Upvote 0
GonzoX said:

Claiming a tank for yourself and denying other the use of a tank IS selfishness (how can you deny this?).

Also I want to see some numbers to back up your claims about majority and minority and not some speculative mumbojumbo. Your claims are nothing more then your claims without backup.

Also, saying that there will be an exodus is nothing but speculation.

Upvote 0
Rrralphster said:
Claiming a tank for yourself and denying other the use of a tank IS selfishness (how can you deny this?).

Also I want to see some numbers to back up your claims about majority and minority and not some speculative mumbojumbo. Your claims are nothing more then your claims without backup.

Also, saying that there will be an exodus is nothing but speculation.

If there are two tanks at spawn and I take the other tank, how is that being selfish? Most arguments I have witnessed online between TT folks and LT folks are going on even when there are plenty of tanks at spawn for everybody, so what is the piont of arguing when you can simply take another tank four feet away? That's just dumb.

Selfishness is forcing people to play the game your way and not giving them the any other option. THAT is being selfish.

And what if *God Forbid* you only have two tanks and seven tankers? What are you going to do then? Boot the seventh player to force TT? Would that be fair?

And YES, we ARE the Majority. All you have to do is simply pay attention at spawn at the start of the game.

Go to the TV Tank Map Only Server and take a head count for yourself if you are that uninformed. There are three times as many LTs as there are TTs and I have NEVER seen more TTs than LTs on the Tank Only servers. I am begining to wonder if you even actually play this game?:eek: :confused:

Like I said before. "Be carefull what you wish for, you may just get it".

Upvote 0
GonzoX said:
If there are two tanks at spawn and I take the other tank, how is that being selfish? Most arguments I have witnessed online between TT folks and LT folks are going on even when there are plenty of tanks at spawn for everybody, so what is the piont of arguing when you can simply take another tank four feet away? That's just dumb.

Selfishness is forcing people to play the game your way and not giving them the any other option. THAT is being selfish.

And what if *God Forbid* you only have two tanks and seven tankers? What are you going to do then? Boot the seventh player to force TT? Would that be fair?

And YES, we ARE the Majority. All you have to do is simply pay attention at spawn at the start of the game.

Go to the TV Tank Map Only Server and take a head count for yourself if you are that uninformed. There are three times as many LTs as there are TTs and I have NEVER seen more TTs than LTs on the Tank Only servers. I am begining to wonder if you even actually play this game?:eek: :confused:

Like I said before. "Be carefull what you wish for, you may just get it".

Check out my poll... and don't forget to vote!

Upvote 0
I agree with ralphster here nothing is more annoying than a tank spawning at the other end of the spawn and some jerk hoping in and taking off. Some of us just want to get into the action. No one wants to change classes we picked what we picked because that is what we like. Also knock off the "forcing" talk its a TAG. All the elements of choice are still there.

Upvote 0
Divinehammer said:
I agree with ralphster here nothing is more annoying than a tank spawning at the other end of the spawn and some jerk hoping in and taking off. Some of us just want to get into the action. No one wants to change classes we picked what we picked because that is what we like. Also knock off the "forcing" talk its a TAG. All the elements of choice are still there.

First off, if there are more than one tank at spawn then what is the big deal if a LTer takes it? The other is available for you so why whine about it?

And as I said before, most LTers will not take off if there is only one tank left at spawn. You are braudstrocking here. Not all LTers do that. That is a small minority.

And FYI, us LTers are not referring to the TT Tag. We actually welcome that. What we are talking about is the fact that TTers want to have the developers change the game itself permanently so that TTing is "forced" upon everybody. Please try to keep up.

Upvote 0