• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Festung Europa - Darkest Hour spiritual successor

Le0

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 20, 2011
Neuchatel, Switzerland
Hello everyone,

68 years ago, on the beaches of Normandy an historical event took place which would change the course of the war, D-Day. We shall not forget all the people that fought or gave their lives for us.

It's on this date that we decided to officially launch the Festung Europa official website.

Today, June 6th, Jackboot Games is proud to announce the launch of the official website for "Festung Europa" at www.festungeuropagame.com

Featuring all new media, concept art, and original music, this will be ground zero for all of the latest game development news and insights straight from our 19 member-strong creative team.

Reactions: Shadrach
Models look surprisingly good, good work. As far as details are concerned I'm sure they'll be further worked on to look worn and torn for the battle field.

Good work, keep it up.

Only the stupid 29th**** ID!

Let's keep this about the game itself, not the people who run servers for its predecessor. Any more talk not related to the game itself will be promptly handled, I highly advise not to even try it.

Upvote 0
I wasn't concerned with it being a CoD game, but I was worried that it'd turn into the flinching/arm seizure simulator that DH was.

That suppression is literally the only thing that turns me off about DH.

And it's one of the things I like most about DH. IMO it's the main thing that allowed for realistic infantry tactics. I hope it makes a return in this game.

Upvote 0
And it's one of the things I like most about DH. IMO it's the main thing that allowed for realistic infantry tactics. I hope it makes a return in this game.

>Realistic infantry tactics
>Guy just runs around a corner holding down LMB while everyone has a seizure and points their rifles in the air helplessly

I don't see the correlation.

Upvote 0
>Realistic infantry tactics
>Guy just runs around a corner holding down LMB while everyone has a seizure and points their rifles in the air helplessly

I don't see the correlation.

I never experienced it that way. You might want to read this article.

Obviously we disagree here. I didn't really answer you to start this discussion again as there have been countless of threads on this over the years(remember the RO-DH community war? ugh..), just wanted to pop in and say everyone didn't hate the suppression.

Upvote 0