• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Female Avatar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find me a good female voice actor who does stuff for free.

Good luck with that.

So its no problem finding some men to do it but females? Not going to happen! I think the whole, "adding females to the game is impossible!" is becoming really silly. Even the TWI mod is saying how difficult it would be.

The textures and model thing: Do you really think this would be hard for TWI to do? They added all of those character DLCs, but a female skin and model is pushing it? Uhmmmm ok XD

The animations: yeh they would be different if she was walking down a runway for Americas Next Top Model, but shes not - her animations would be very much the same.

The voice acting - like i said, finding a girl with a british or even australian voice who will do it for cheap just to get her name out there - its not that hard to find!!!

Reactions: Vaecrius
Upvote 0
So its no problem finding some men to do it but females? Not going to happen! I think the whole, "adding females to the game is impossible!" is becoming really silly. Even the TWI mod is saying how difficult it would be.

The textures and model thing: Do you really think this would be hard for TWI to do? They added all of those character DLCs, but a female skin and model is pushing it? Uhmmmm ok XD

The animations: yeh they would be different if she was walking down a runway for Americas Next Top Model, but shes not - her animations would be very much the same.

The voice acting - like i said, finding a girl with a british or even australian voice who will do it for cheap just to get her name out there - its not that hard to find!!!

Yeah, it wouldnt really be that hard, would it?

I mean, a voice actress might be harder to find, but not impossible. And if TWI sold a few female chars as DLC, they could get far more than with previous DLC packs. Its finiancially balanced out, and the fans want it, so really its just TWI's call.

If they feel like doing the work, then that would be great. If they are sick of making DLC, then thats okay to.

I still am surprised at how fierce the resistance to this is. You'd think we were going into a whole new social

EDIT: Got rid of stupid and ill-begotten joke

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If they feel like doing the work, then that would be great. If they are sick of making DLC, then thats okay to.

I still am surprised at how fierce the resistance to this is. You'd think we were going into a whole new social category.
Person1: "Why dont we have women chars?"
"Person2"Women with guns? Thats preposterous! They belong in the house!",
Person1:"But sir, women are already in the military!"
Person2:"Shut up! If I dont want social change, it wont happen!"
Person1:"Thats stu-"
Person2: "I TOLD U TO SHUT UP! HATEHATEHATEHATEHATE"

Can you please stop exaggerating? You are getting annoying. No one is saying "NO! GB2KITCHEN" Stop acting like you are under some prejudice as if you are an african-american in the 1960's

Upvote 0
Even the TWI mod is saying how difficult it would be.
I can't quite parse this one sentence... or at least not which point it gets to.

EDIT: I'll agree with '05 that it is a bit of an exaggeration at least wrt what's going on in this thread. My complaint is that the responses just read like the first and very deeply ingrained reaction in the poster's mind was all the reasons why this should not be implemented, rather than that (well except for one guy) people are getting seriously upset.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can you please stop exaggerating? You are getting annoying. No one is saying "NO! GB2KITCHEN" Stop acting like you are under some prejudice as if you are an african-american in the 1960's

Sorry, it was just how angry that guy was getting at everything I said, I couldnt not say something.

I honestly dont think that prejudice is the reason, it was just a failed witty comeback. I apologize for my broken humor.

Now lets get to the real story: :IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2:

Upvote 0
Tank avatar ftw

EDIT: Well, aside from all the talk of latent patriarchal (heh) conditioning and reactionary wargarble, I can think of at least one sad-but-true kinda-legit argument against: anyone who's played characters of both genders in WoW (and not made it abundantly clear their RL gender to anyone they interacted with for more than a few seconds) will notice a certain... difference... in how random strangers treat them. Keeping KF's avatars monogendered - and it just so happens that gender is male - keeps that playing field level and minimizes both the arseholishness* and the condescending chivalry.

*well, it's kept spread out** and not usually particularly nasty or triggering most of the time anyway.

**in before goatse joke

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tank avatar ftw

EDIT: Well, aside from all the talk of latent patriarchal (heh) conditioning and reactionary wargarble, I can think of at least one sad-but-true kinda-legit argument against: anyone who's played characters of both genders in WoW (and not made it abundantly clear their RL gender to anyone they interacted with for more than a few seconds) will notice a certain... difference... in how random strangers treat them. Keeping KF's avatars monogendered - and it just so happens that gender is male - keeps that playing field level and minimizes both the arseholishness* and the condescending chivalry.

*well, it's kept spread out** and not usually particularly nasty or triggering most of the time anyway.

**in before goatse joke

You know I was making a stupid joke, right? :eek:

How many times do I have to say it: I dont really think its patriarchal conditioning (unless, of course if you mean THE patriarch:D)

The only comment I meant in that line was that pointing out the wimpiness and non-empowerment of the trader, during which I was half-joking anyways.

Of course, you are unfortunately correct about that MMORPG thing.

But I insist that this would be easy money (and an end to this debate) for TWI, if they sold it as DLC.

Upvote 0
Sexist bastards.

I disliked your idea because there's very little gain for a lot of work, meaning it would be a waste of valuable development time. Accusations like these aren't needed. It does not instantly make us sexists. Through my eyes though, these words have made you unintelligent.
No, I'm just overthinking it. Or am I:eek::confused:
Yes, you are. This is a game, made for fun, to cater gamers' needs to destroy Specimen heads with a multitude of weapons and provide a delicious, violent experience. Not to spite feminist movements. That would be a collossal waste of TWI's time.

Upvote 0
[/COLOR][/COLOR]
I disliked your idea because there's very little gain for a lot of work, meaning it would be a waste of valuable development time. Accusations like these aren't needed. It does not instantly make us sexists. Through my eyes though, these words have made you unintelligent.

Yes, you are. This is a game, made for fun, to cater gamers' needs to destroy Specimen heads with a multitude of weapons and provide a delicious, violent experience. Not to spite feminist movements. That would be a collossal waste of TWI's time.

Okay let me just kill this once and for all.

My little 'note' in the gray was meant as more of a way to exxaggerate what I was saying, which is how I planned to show it was a joke: acting exaggerated. As in taking on a character to show the flaws of both sides. And obviously I failed miserably at it, since everybody took me quite seriously.

And when I said 'Or am I?' I was also trying to turn my overanalysis into a joke by acting in character.

Please, when I say it was a joke, I mean it. Its just a complete failure of a joke. So please, stop trying to use it as quotes against me.

I know that its a hard joke to get, but bear with me in the fact that not every joke is funny, and sometimes, they lose all comedy when lacking polish. I should have spent more time working on it if I wanted to continue it. I know. But please, try to understand. This is like telling a joke at a party, no one getting it, and then not getting you were telling a joke:(.

Upvote 0
Okay let me just kill this once and for all.

My little 'note' in the gray was meant as more of a way to exxaggerate what I was saying, which is how I planned to show it was a joke: acting exaggerated. As in taking on a character to show the flaws of both sides. And obviously I failed miserably at it, since everybody took me quite seriously.

And when I said 'Or am I?' I was also trying to turn my overanalysis into a joke by acting in character.

Please, when I say it was a joke, I mean it. Its just a complete failure of a joke. So please, stop trying to use it as quotes against me.

I know that its a hard joke to get, but bear with me in the fact that not every joke is funny, and sometimes, they lose all comedy when lacking polish. I should have spent more time working on it if I wanted to continue it. I know. But please, try to understand. This is like telling a joke at a party, no one getting it, and then not getting you were telling a joke:(.
Sarcasm is a hard tool to use on a forum because there's always at least one person who's going to take you seriously. Sadly.

Reactions: Vaecrius and timur
Upvote 0
@timur: When your sarcasm gets lost and instead you get honest, articulate responses in both concurrence and dissent, it might be better to just roll with it. :p

Then we will have debates arising for "people of other races" character DLC.

*controversy*
I just assume Agent Wilkes is mostly Arabic, DJ Scully is Asian and Mr. Foster is black. :V

Don't most characters in the game wear masks? Adding a female would basically be giving a male character model a female voice, height reduction, and lumps on his chest.
I'd say more narrower shoulders than lumps on chest, at least for any of the armoured characters. (Ms. Foster and "Dana" Scully would probably call for pretty noticeable changes though.)

Also wrt beating the dead horse until the green maggoty goo comes out its rear end and splatters everybody and we all smell like it the rest of the day patriarchy: Hey, I've pulled that stupid condescending chivalry bullcrap in the recent past before realizing what I was doing. :/ Some of the things I've downmodded in this thread were things I very easily could have seen myself saying six or seven years ago... maybe I'm just projecting my own latent thoughts, but we're all coming from somewhere, right?

Anyway, this is all getting horribly abstract and political. Let's open things up for specific character suggestions!

Mrs. Byng
Agent Wilkes' landlady. He's late on his rent (along with a good deal of fire and weird chemical damage that his deposit didn't cover - incidentally, she hasn't seen him since such damage was incurred), and she ended up inadvertently escaping the specimen menace when she went out chasing him down for it.
Appearance: A cranky little old lady in a green floral dress and really oldschool WWI gas mask, a hand-me-down from her late father-in-law. I know characters are purely cosmetic and don't grant any abilities, but I keep imagining her as a medic or support with an axe.
Voice: Southern rural England homesteader

Lt. Col. Fournier
After a long, ugly tour in Kefiristan she decided to take a road trip out to the countryside for a well deserved R&R... only to find the owners of the B&B she booked resting a much deeper slumber.
Appearance: Camo fatigues, Kevlar vest, hair in a bun.
Voice: Impeccable RP, like she's convinced she'd get a truckload of crawlers dumped on her if her speech were to lapse into anything else.

Barrister Ingram
After years of facing her brutal examinations and relentless procedural demands in three separate class actions for what they've done to the local environment, Horzine one day, in the middle of the trial, decided that they didn't give a damn about making admissions through conduct or incurring further tort liability and just settled things the old-fashioned, court-contemptuous, specimen-infested way.
Appearance: Barrister's robes and wig. Part of the robes wrapped around her face to keep the fumes out. Bag strapped to her back with papers half spilling out.
Voice: Distaff counterpart of the voice used for Wilkes and Thorne.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.