• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Feedback on Field Medic Perk

I loaded up the game and actually looked at the perk exp for both classes after killing a zed with an broomstick while playing as medic. Medic did not go up. Support did.

Lol you only assumed you were getting exp for both because you saw numbers pop up?

numbers only pop up if you got exp for the perk you are using, if support got exp and medic didnt no numbers would pop up at all

Upvote 0
Fair enough. I don't pay attention to the bar I guess. Then what is going on here!? I'm assuming he's not making it up then.

How is he leveling both simultaneously??

Its either one of us running into xp bug or killing clots dont make the bar move enough for you to notice (the xp numbers dont always pop up, but the exp bar blinks) . When I kill hans with AA12, the xp bar gained like 20% when I am low level medic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its either one of us running into xp bug or killing clots dont make the bar move enough for you to notice (but the xp numbers dont always pop up, but the exp bar blinks) . When I kill hans with AA12, the xp bar gained like 20% when I am low level medic.

The bar is honestly irrelevant. I was just saying I didn't realize the absence of xp alerts when not getting exp according to the other poster. (Though you're saying it doesn't always pop up Lol. Moving on)

It's not about the bar. It's about the raw exp. The number for support kept going up. The medic experience was the exact same number 2 stalkers and 4 clots later.

But when you kill Hans, do you never shoot him with a medic weapon? (according to other posters, exp for killing something will split if multiple weapons are used)

Or is the bonus for killing Hans just a bonus? And not treated the same way as the bounty for every other zed?

Edit: ah yeah the medic grenades.

Upvote 0
The bar is honestly irrelevant. I was just saying I didn't realize the absence of xp alerts when not getting exp according to the other poster. (Though you're saying it doesn't always pop up Lol. Moving on)

It's not about the bar. It's about the raw exp. The number for support kept going up. The medic experience was the exact same number 2 stalkers and 4 clots later.

But when you kill Hans, do you never shoot him with a medic weapon? (according to other posters, exp for killing something will split if multiple weapons are used)

Or is the bonus for killing Hans just a bonus? And not treated the same way as the bounty for every other zed?

Edit: ah yeah the medic grenades.

So if the nade ticks a zed the xp of said zed will split? Alright then, I will go test some more when I get home. But right now playing medic with AA12 seems to level my medic pretty fast.

Upvote 0
Its either one of us running into xp bug or killing clots dont make the bar move enough for you to notice (the xp numbers dont always pop up, but the exp bar blinks) . When I kill hans with AA12, the xp bar gained like 20% when I am low level medic.

yea im fairly certain you are getting the exp from medic nades, i just ran a hard long solo match and got roughly 5k exp in a little over 30 mins

which would mean i would be lvl 9 medic in roughly 4~5 hrs.

which means lvl 9 medic for just nades in 12 hours is not really that far-fetched

btw, just curious what level is your support

Upvote 0
I think XP for healing teammates must be raised. Because now it is far more easier to level Medic by killing zeds instead of healing. Don't get me wrong: it is nice that finally Medic gets rewarded for helping in combat. But balance between heals and kills is shifted towards latter too much.

Upvote 0
yea im fairly certain you are getting the exp from medic nades, i just ran a hard long solo match and got roughly 5k exp in a little over 30 mins

which would mean i would be lvl 9 medic in roughly 4~5 hrs.

which means lvl 9 medic for just nades in 12 hours is not really that far-fetched

btw, just curious what level is your support

It went from half way to lv11 to lv13 doing this.

Upvote 0
I agree with the majority of your opinions. Some of the medic perks they can choose from are amazing, which others feel very weak. I've heard lacerate increases damage done to zeds effected by it, but I haven't been able to confirm this as of yet since I just got it today.

As far as leveling goes, I feel medics could use just a bit more exp from healing. By aggressively using my pistol to get headshots, I've been able to level up reasonably quickly, but my friends who play different classes like commando and support have gotten quite a ways ahead of me.

The biggest part I disagree with you on is Armament. I've been loving it ever since I got it, since it allows me to easily build up extra armour and health on my teammates. The main reason this is great, is that if I heal a decently damaged teammate, I can give them a fair amount of armour while also healing them to full.

Very rarely do I run into issues with the reduction of how much it heals since the overall loss isn't very much. The talent really shines on higher difficulties when the majority of the group is taking damage and I lob a grenade in.

At the moment medics feel very powerful, the only downside being that they have a few throwaway choices as they level up, such as health regen. A few tweaks here and there and they should be perfect.

Upvote 0
in the 12 hrs? o_O

Not exactly sure really. My berserker and commando also leveled several levels when I derp around as I pick up their weapons early waves before I get the 1500 for AA12. I also practice dodging raging scrakes a lot. That's why I say leveling medic is not that hard. I didnt go full leveling mode and still get to level 9 while leveling all perks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not exactly sure really. My berserker and commando also leveled several levels when I derp around as I pick up their weapons early waves before I get the 1500 for AA12. I also practice dodging raging scrakes a lot. That's why I say leveling medic is not that hard. I didnt go full leveling mode and still get to level 9 while leveling all perks.

lol i guess you have a decent spread of levels across all 4 perks, instead of a high level perk and level 0 in the others xD

Upvote 0
lol i guess you have a decent spread of levels across all 4 perks, instead of a high level perk and level 0 in the others xD

In fact Hans take quite a lot of time before I find a good enough kiting route. If I just kill myself and start a new game it would be faster in leveling.

Also... killing clots dont really give you much xp, my zerker and commando is like lv3 or something. And without level HOE is a little bit too hard right now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0