• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Favorite Perk and why?

Berserker by far- there is no perk more intense or as satisfying to me. Nothing matches smashing the chainsaw alt into something at the end of a jump. Don't play it (or KF) too much anymore after the chainsaw suffered a TKO. Too many drawbacks, too little flexibility. It's like Firebug in that regard.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Support.
Shotgun to face never gets old.

agreed

support owns close combat almost as good as zerk, has penetration which can mow down a row of 6 enemies, enough room to buy a law and and normal shotty, can take out most enemies if your skilled and shotguns are just something to have when the end comes, either to kill **** or make a lovely mess of your own face.

support=close combat SS

it would be firebug but the ammo issue gets annoying, SS are too easy, im not high enough perk to really enjoy the zerk, medics are goddamn tanks, everyone dislikes demo's, commando again im not high enough perk to enjoy.

Upvote 0
Commando.

Health bars, global increased reload speed, less recoil with his designated weapons, increased mag capacity, can see Stalkers (pretty much everyone can but they're much more obvious as Commando), and assault rifles are just awesome. The health bars really come into play in darker maps like Bedlam.

So at lvl 6 the bullpup has virtually no recoil, the recoil for AK and SCAR is very manageable, and you reload any weapon at warp speed. :D

Agree, agree, agree.

I prefer using no perks at all. Lvl 0 is tha best =3

Funmap e.e

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah there's something in your user.ini where you can reset them and start back from scratch. But if you still want to keep your perks, just put the perk replacement mutator and set it to lvl 0-1
A better way than the .ini way or perk replacement mutator to get low level perks is to use the local perks mutator.

It allows perks to be stored locally on the computer with leveling allowed locally (doesn't affect steam). If you make the local perk file read-only it will reset your local perks every time you reboot the server.

Upvote 0
wow, not even two people said demo?
i dont know about you guys, but when i play games i get different "feelings" based on the classes i play. like, demo, is more of a solid feeling. you can feel it when your grenade makes impact and the mob gets splattered all over the wall. the other classes are more of a light feeling. I also enjoy commando, but i think that playing as a demo is going to get you more kills. While maybe not from the start due to lack of ammo, once you get the M32, you tear mobs to pieces in seconds. Seriously nobody else is sticking up for demo?

(or you could cheat and hack all your perks to level 6, and have your pick as to which you prefer playing, although it takes all the fun out and im pretty sure its against the ToS or EULA or whatever)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Prodigy
Demo excels at clearing mobs but few perks have excessive issues in that regard, mostly berserker. They can hurt or kill themselves easily and have trouble against durable enemies while kicking up a smoke screen for the specs.

A good demo can mitigate the issues with demo but it shows that there are serious issues with demos flexibility and usefulness. But I think it would have fit in nicely pre-tier three.

My favorite perk overall is support, though lately I have been playing a lot of firebug for early waves. Back in Mod I played Commando almost exclusively.

Upvote 0