• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Epic music

It's addictive in the sense that I enjoy it. I guess I could say that RO is addictive too, cause I enjoy that. I also enjoy eating spaghetti a whole lot, so I'm an addict to that as well. Oh yes and old commando movies made in the late 60s... man I can feel the withdrawals coming on already cause I haven't watched any in a little while...

My musical tastes have changed drastically over the last 10 years and doubtless will continue to do so somewhat... though I believe that most people's tastes are ingrained more permanently in their early 20s...

So are you saying that you specifically listen to music that you don't enjoy as much so that you don't become "addicted"??? If so then go off and live in a stoic monastery please and deprive yourself of as much as possible. And comparing love of music to addiction to narcotics and alcoholism is just... wow, I don't even know what to say.

Have you considered emasculating yourself so that you're no longer addicted to sex/thinking about sex like any normal functioning human being who's passed puberty?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This really depends on how much you listen to and think about it. If it becomes an unhealthy addiction that makes it difficult to concentrate on the important things in your life then it is reasonable to stop. But the most important thing is your creed and ideology, if you were raised by your parents in a particular way you will not trouble yourself with deciding whether this is right or wrong. I adore traditional folk music for example because it puts me into a good spirit. That other music filled me with overexcitement and anger or sadness which triggered bad recollections.

If something that encourages you to think for yourself, conflicts with your ideology, then you may consider that your ideology is wrong. Maybe, your parents filled your head with rubbish from the very beginning, and questioning it, is not adding more, but eliminating the existing one.

Do you need a lot of lies and fairytales to tell you whats right or wrong?. Oh, come on...

Upvote 0
It has the same effect on everybody: it stirs up anger, sadness, excitement etc just like a drug. You need to read more classics, poets like tolstoy are non-existent nowadays.
LOL. I'm an English Lit/History double major and minoring in Classics (well haven't declared yet as that happens junior year but that's what it'll be...)

Whatever.

Sorry if I insulted you (well I did :p). It's just that people like you kinda drive me crazy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I had a good laugh at that fedorov , what truth about life was revealed to you by music? Especially the modern music, what they sing is just a load of rubbish and they only do it for money. My father told me that in the soviet union, the singers were not rich or bent on making money and they put their souls into the music. The music had positive influences on your social conditioning. And what has it come to today? With female singers it has turned into an advanced form of prostitution and is the most insulting and degrading thing for women.

You named "creed and ideology" thats enough to know what you are talking about, and what kind of person you are.

Anyway, I'll just leave this absolutely hilarious quote here so you can't edit it later.

Upvote 0
I had a good laugh at that fedorov , what truth about life was revealed to you by music? Especially the modern music, what they sing is just a load of rubbish and they only do it for money. My father told me that in the soviet union, the singers were not rich or bent on making money and they put their souls into the music. The music had positive influences on your social conditioning. And what has it come to today? With female singers it has turned into an advanced form of prostitution and is the most insulting and degrading thing for women.
Ok I'll make one last post here... cause this is just... too much.

Ever heard of the underground scene? Where people make no money whatsoever or just barely enough to keep them off the streets? It's not like when we entered the late 20th century musicians suddenly stop putting their all into their music :confused:.

With the advent of the internet there is so much incredible music out there, and much of it is from people making almost no money at all off it. You just are too lazy to look into it or too brainwashed by "your father" to look into it... honestly you're starting to remind me a little bit of Norman Bates and his "mother".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok I'll make one last post here... cause this is just... too much.

Ever heard of the underground scene? Where people make no money whatsoever or just barely enough to keep them off the streets? It's not like when we entered the late 20th century musicians suddenly stop putting their all into their music :confused:.

much of it is from people making almost no money at all off it.
this music is sang with passion but what are the motives of the singers? Most are deranged in one way or another. Many are hypocrites. Others just do it because they follow these so called talented people.They can sure stir up passion but it has no meaning to it. It only indicates the erosion of culture in much of europe and the us. The Russian nation easily assimilated this after the fall of the ussr. The prostitution climbed to levels that their grandfathers could not have imagined. What do they teach among other things? Encouraging adultery happens to be one of the first things on their agenda.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoxNoctum
Upvote 0
It has taken this tone because i said degenerates, so i accept i was not careful with my choice of words. Apologies for that. But at least nox noctum argued constructively despite his irritation at my remark.
I'd rather say it has taken this tone because your "views" are absolutely ridiculous and downright insulting.

Upvote 0
So much for tolerance. Someone told me my religion is a "fairy tale" and it did not bother me in the slightest. You should take it easy.
LOL, I knew he is Christian. :troll:

Seriously, get a bloody life, go back to your church and stop annoying people here by telling them what's good or bad for them and stop arguing about something as bloody trivial as music.

Talk about tolerance. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey watch it... I'm a born again Christian... maybe this guy is a Mormon or something because I'm an MK (missionary kid, grew up overseas), and lived with and knew some of the most dedicated Christians there are (mix of Protestant denominations), people who were literally putting their lives on the line every day, and no one, NO one had this kind of attitude. Sure some people were more strict and didn't listen to music with cussing or what have you. But no one was talking about "degenerates", "creeds" and "ideologies" (sounds very very much like neo-nazism to me), and just in general judging people flat across the board like that... calling basically all modern musicians prostitutes and the like... An old married couple at my church have regular meetings with a group of prostitutes to try to help them get out of that life while sharing the gospel... they don't go around waving signs in crowds (think tea party) bashing on everyone...

I guess he missed the verse "Judge not lest ye be judged". Seriously though... don't take this one guy or all the other people you encounter, the gay bashers etc. as being an example of Christianity. Because it isn't. True Christianity is---on top of of course trusting in Jesus Christ as your personal savior---helping the poor, helping everyone you come across in any way you can, being utterly selfless, and praying for others, not judging them and throwing it in their face in our case (since I happen to listen to some metal). I'm not claiming I'm all the above, I fail constantly, but I'm just trying to get a point across.

That said I regret insulting him... despite my very strong objections to the stuff he's saying.

Really though, I have a strong suspicion he's a Mormon or a Christian Scientist or something (both cults). I've never in my life heard that kind of talk and I've known some pretty strict Christian parents. (which always backfires, as their kid goes off to college completely oblivious and goes nuts with alcohol and drugs etc..) Being super strict and bible bashing whether on your own kids or on other people never works and is probably the most counter-productive thing you can do.

I've also known several Mormons quite well and this is exactly the kind of stuff you hear from them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've met enough Christians in my time to know that most of them have a habit of trying to dictate how people should live or think. Even if it's subtle.

Thank god (haha!) the Christian church is going downhill here in Austria, more and more people quitting church each year (nearly a 100% increase of quits each year) and nearly half of all Austrians don't believe that there is a god (possible spiritual lifeforms excluded).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Funny Lemon, you generalize them all (or most) as being bible thumpers... yet you seem almost militant about wanting everyone in Austria to turn into atheists. Just a bit ironic :p. Not looking to get into a religion vs. atheism debate here though. I'll let you have the "last word" ;).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Funny Lemon, you generalize them all (or most) as being bible thumpers... yet you seem almost militant about wanting everyone in Austria to turn into atheists. Just a bit ironic :p. Not looking to get into a religion vs. atheism fight here though.

I can only judge by my experiences, and those are... let's put it that way... not good. I'm not saying that people shouldn't believe something, I'm just saying that people finally learn to think for themselves. The results are open-ended, if they decide that there is a god or not doesn't matter, but people staying in the church just because they have been inscribed there by birth and have been in there since and not questioning it is nothing I'd call good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Man.............. smoke some herb and try saying that again. You seriously need to chill out and take the stick out of your you-know-what.

Lol fills my head with rubbish. That really is classic. I wish the context was better so I could make it my sig. Ever since I got a warning for having a too-big clown car gif sig I've been trying to think of a good replacement... Well you go on listening to your music which evidently doesn't turn you into one of the "rabble"... just an elitist prick and I'll go on listening to mine... I'm guessing you know f*** all about metal too. It's not a genre I listen to much anymore... only a couple bands, but you've probably just heard St. Anger and Korn or something and think that's metal. lol. If you're looking for something "technical", other than jazz and classical, metal's the most technical I can think of. At least some genres of it.

Speaking as a metal fan myself: To be fair, the most elitist people about music I've ever met, have been metalheads. To some, it's not music if it's not metal, and to many more, it's not metal if it doesn't involve church-burning, fire/dragons/vikings, incoherent screaming, and godawful sounding guitars. Arguably, music is a topic bound to encourage elitism, anyhow.

Upvote 0
Absolutely. Metalheads are incredible elitist (also speaking as someone who listens to metal). I'd still say people who only listen to classical music take the cake though. (don't get me wrong there's plenty of amazing classical music out there)

And agreed about the stupid lyrics thing.

I used to be an elitist retard myself in HS... but grew out of it once I reached senior year :p. Now I just listen to whatever sounds good to me... even if that's Lady Gaga. (ya I like Poker Face, so shoot me lol... but its gets old REAAAAAL fast I'll say that)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Absolutely. Metalheads are incredible elitist (also speaking as someone who listens to metal). I'd still say people who only listen to classical music take the cake though. (don't get me wrong there's plenty of amazing classical music out there)

And agreed about the stupid lyrics thing.

I used to be an elitist retard myself in HS... but grew out of it once I reached senior year :p. Now I just listen to whatever sounds good to me... even if that's Lady Gaga. (ya I like Poker Face, so shoot me lol... but its gets old REAAAAAL fast I'll say that)

then listen to heavy version

YouTube - Heavy Weapons Guy - Babyman (pokerface)

omnomnomnom :troll:

Upvote 0