• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Door portholes in BioticsLab: Exploit or No?

Status
Not open for further replies.
huh

huh

I finally saw this "tactic" used for the first time tonight. The next wave I lobbed all 5 grenades I had at the freshly welded door. It took the fun out of the game and we actually finished the last few waves in the U-room and won (First time beating Bio-lab on suicidal!!!). This should be frowned upon......:p

Upvote 0
I finally saw this "tactic" used for the first time tonight. The next wave I lobbed all 5 grenades I had at the freshly welded door. It took the fun out of the game and we actually finished the last few waves in the U-room and won (First time beating Bio-lab on suicidal!!!). This should be frowned upon......:p
I usually lob my nades at the welder exploit door just to get the fun back in the game.
But all explosives should damage the door idd.

Upvote 0
No need to grief people who are welding.

Support needs it for increasing their rank.

If it bugs you just move elsewhere.

...Except that 90% of the specimens gather up behind that door on Bio

You could, of course, go to the other side of the door and spoil their fun by killing all the zeds there, but chances are you get killed while at it.

Upvote 0
How do you do it Wrong?

You try it with a Hand Grenade, and miss the porthole...landing a nade by your own feet...

Or stand far enough back that when you miss the porthole and hit the door, the nades explode and hit you in the face with the splash...

Newbie demos do it quite a bit. On a Friendly Fire server...they're a danger to the entire team doing this, cuz it only takes one good mistake to tear up whoever's near the door...

Upvote 0
We need someone higher up to come in and clarify this for us........

Dude.

Do NOT go all Birther on us ok? This is a self-answering question.

Just look at the facts:
  1. TWI wrote the map with holes in the doors. There are windows in the game and there are solid doors in the game. TWI chose neither. Do you think the holes were on accident?
  2. TWI added the M79 and M32 which also shoot through holes. Do you think that TWI is under the illusion that you cannot shoot grenades through the portals?
  3. TWI regularly fixes very obscure exploits. This "exploit" would require merely replacing the doors on a map in a copy-paste fashion. Do you think this "exploit" is too difficult to fix for TWI?
If you answered Yes to any of the underlined items above then it's an exploit.

If you answered No to any of them then it is not an exploit.

If you answered No but still believe it's an exploit then I'll happily
sell you this Kenyan birth cirtificate for loadsemoney. :)

Upvote 0
Dude.

Do NOT go all Birther on us ok? This is a self-answering question.

Just look at the facts:
  1. TWI wrote the map with holes in the doors. There are windows in the game and there are solid doors in the game. TWI chose neither. Do you think the holes were on accident?
  2. TWI added the M79 and M32 which also shoot through holes. Do you think that TWI is under the illusion that you cannot shoot grenades through the portals?
  3. TWI regularly fixes very obscure exploits. This "exploit" would require merely replacing the doors on a map in a copy-paste fashion. Do you think this "exploit" is too difficult to fix for TWI?
If you answered Yes to any of the underlined items above then it's an exploit.

If you answered No to any of them then it is not an exploit.

If you answered No but still believe it's an exploit then I'll happily
sell you this Kenyan birth cirtificate for loadsemoney. :)
This can also apply for other exploits like in other games. You're not logical imho.

And imagine if it was intended, TWI had too little thought about this aspect then, seeing the result (making the game boring and unfair).

Upvote 0
This can also apply for other exploits like in other games. You're not logical imho.

And imagine if it was intended, TWI had too little thought about this aspect then, seeing the result (making the game boring and unfair).

Well then, YOU make a game that has everything balanced and impartial. Go make a map of your own that shows off none of the "flaws" you claim presently existent in the game.

You're hardly one to tell someone they're illogical when you yourself are hardly composed of logic. Moreover, this discussion is relevant to Killing Floor, not "other games".

Smilin (interesting name, or was it a typo?), displays logic very well with his process of elimination list of choices. If you really hate this game and its producers so much, why are you here? Where is the "logic" in continuing to play a game that you obviously do not like?

Upvote 0
Well then, YOU make a game that has everything balanced and impartial. Go make a map of your own that shows off none of the "flaws" you claim presently existent in the game.

You're hardly one to tell someone they're illogical when you yourself are hardly composed of logic. Moreover, this discussion is relevant to Killing Floor, not "other games".

Smilin (interesting name, or was it a typo?), displays logic very well with his process of elimination list of choices. If you really hate this game and its producers so much, why are you here? Where is the "logic" in continuing to play a game that you obviously do not like?
Could you please be more polite?

Complaining is knowing your luck, protecting and expanding it. Besides that, feedback should always be welcomed.
KF isnt a perfect game, but it could be more perfect. The portholes are a crucial element in the exploit. An exploit of which many agree that it is an exploit. Exploits should not be in games, they are removed in other games by the developers through patches. That is the logic that dominates it. Not the small contextual logic that you are talking about. That logic is subordinate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Unless you are two people with the same name, I can hardly call what you write polite either. The "flaws" in you point out in the game is clearly, clearly, understood as an intended aspect of gameplay, and yet you continue to believe that they are problems. Where is the logic in that?

People will play the game in their own fashion. Just because you find their methods distasteful does not mean they're wrong. It's different, and yet you are so focused on these little small details you even blame Tripwire for "not giving it enough thought".

Of course feedback is always welcome, but all, and all you ever say about the game, is criticism. At this point, you have never mentioned a single detail of praise, your appreciation for the free content you receive, and not even the slightest gratitude for such a responsive and interactive development team. With only the traits of an ungrateful spoiled child, your feedback is hardly welcome.

Reactions: smilin
Upvote 0
Unless you are two people with the same name, I can hardly call what you write polite either. The "flaws" in you point out in the game is clearly, clearly, understood as an intended aspect of gameplay, and yet you continue to believe that they are problems. Where is the logic in that?

People will play the game in their own fashion. Just because you find their methods distasteful does not mean they're wrong. It's different, and yet you are so focused on these little small details you even blame Tripwire for "not giving it enough thought".

Of course feedback is always welcome, but all, and all you ever say about the game, is criticism. At this point, you have never mentioned a single detail of praise, your appreciation for the free content you receive, and not even the slightest gratitude for such a responsive and interactive development team. With only the traits of an ungrateful spoiled child, your feedback is hardly welcome.
Not intended as such, it stays an exploit.
And not all I say is criticism, you read selectively.
I'm not reacting to your troll-parts.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.