• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Does Mare Nostrum (and other mods) bring you back to RO?

Does Mare Nostrum (and other mods) bring you back to RO?

• Total voters
my sig will bring you all back to the game! :p
:eek::eek:
I took a long break from Red Orchestra, and I re-installed the game, probably a week after 2008 began, because I had purchased myself a new computer, my old run, would run this game very terribly, having fps never above 18. Now, it's a different story, can't get it under 60.(From what I've seen)

Darkest Hour, Carpathian Crosses, and once MN gets servers, Mare Nostrum are all good additions, the only downside to this game in my opinion is lack of players in my region, but it makes up, being able to play in East Coast servers, as I'm a West Coast Canadian, without being lagged. It works very well, and it keeps me entertained.

I'm hoping these mods bring life back to Red Orchestra, whether it be in the game itself, or just bring new life to the mods. I'm personally looking most forward to Darkest Hour, just because I'm really looking forward to a realistic Normandy game. All others have been fun, but disappointing at one time or another.

Now, back to counting down, and stalking on the DH forums as an unregistered user, just to look at how purdy things look. :p

Upvote 0
Gold Pack Time

Gold Pack Time

The ultimate for me would be for TW to take all the mods...ALL OF THEM, and create a Gold pack or whatever, charge another $19.95 just to keep them in business, and release the entire kit that is stable and bug free (with updated SDK). Take Alte Z., Tractor Works, Kreigstadt, Furland-Kessel, from recent RO custom maps and tweak them. For the mods, pay a royalty if needed and combine Armored Beasts, Minion Workz, Darkest Hour, Carpathian Cross, Mare Nostrum mods and maps in the Gold release. Go back to the current RO stock maps (30 of them?) and update ALL OF THEM to support 50 players and add the new vehicle classes and weapons classes (including Mortors...please!) where it makes sense. Then, release the mother of all updates for the server admins to have all 60+ maps available for voting or rotation...SWEET!!! I would have no problem buying this update!!! :)

Upvote 0
The ultimate for me would be for TW to take all the mods...ALL OF THEM, and create a Gold pack or whatever, charge another $19.95 just to keep them in business, and release the entire kit that is stable and bug free (with updated SDK). Take Alte Z., Tractor Works, Kreigstadt, Furland-Kessel, from recent RO custom maps and tweak them. For the mods, pay a royalty if needed and combine Armored Beasts, Minion Workz, Darkest Hour, Carpathian Cross, Mare Nostrum mods and maps in the Gold release. Go back to the current RO stock maps (30 of them?) and update ALL OF THEM to support 50 players and add the new vehicle classes and weapons classes (including Mortors...please!) where it makes sense. Then, release the mother of all updates for the server admins to have all 60+ maps available for voting or rotation...SWEET!!! I would have no problem buying this update!!! :)

Man, that would be so sweet, but a dream only. I would drop money of that in a second though.

Upvote 0

That would bring all sorts of difficult legal issues, because technically everything we (mappers and/or modders) make using their SDK belongs to TWI. So you can just wonder would people agree to that :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Came back to try the CC mod, but haven't caught any of it's maps on a server yet. Been playing some of the old fav's, but all the quirks that bugged me with RO are still here so quickly losing intrest again unless I can find a CC map running. MG fat tracers, MG clipping (looks clear but when you fire you hit an invisable wall), MG-42 sites still off and vision blocked, tanks teleport entrance/exit, teamstacking (had forgotten about that one after other games autobalance actually working) etc.

Pity as the CC tank changes sound awesome.

T.

Upvote 0
I've gotten into Darkest Hour which will probably end up leading me to RO again. I dunno. RO has all the Danzig and Arad servers, and DH has all the players who just pick Allies regardless of team balance. I could definetly play all day and probably never be able to play as Allies even though I'm one of the first ones in because I don't want to make 4 on 1 into 5 on 1 :rolleyes: Plus, the Allies always end up winning. Both games have big draws and repels for me.

Upvote 0