• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Does Mare Nostrum (and other mods) bring you back to RO?

Does Mare Nostrum (and other mods) bring you back to RO?

• Total voters
Depends if I ever install Mare Nostrum.

After going to the trouble of getting MinionWorkzonly to find no servers actively running it (might be in some servers map list but none actually running the map when I looked) and Danzig Arads still full, I'm in no rush. RO is on my XP drive and I'm using Vista as my main now, so rebooting to get in and finding the same Arad folks pulling the same RO quirks exploitation stuff (clown car instant ejection and sachel kill of tanks etc.) with different maps/textures (if they get away from Arad to play it) is not a great incentive.

T.

Upvote 0
Well, we all know that the very first mod got released yesterday. Mare Nostrum provides RO with a much-needed breath of fresh air.

Yesterday in Mare Nostrum I played RO again after a huge break of like 6 months, and I can safely say that the mods carry RO to a whole new level. I think I'll probably play them instead of stock RO, more often at least.

So what about you?

I'm playing again. I wanted to see how the Bren worked in RO terms. It's a very different weapon in every game out there. Actually the Thompson is just as weird...but that is no surprise. The Enfield seems as functional as ever even in RO. Love the mills bombs...nice!

Upvote 0
It depends, if the server is full (as the TWB one was tonight) of idiots arguing about columbia being **** or canada being gay or bush being great or jews being killed or whatever other dull spamming arguments seem to be taking over at the moment then no, sadly. Why late night UK servers have suddenly become full of US players spamming BS all game I really don't know, but it's getting to the point I just can't be arsed loading the game up.

Upvote 0
Playing MN has only reminded me what I've been missing, I was very sad when C3ll decided to move away from the game in the first place, it's still my favourite multiplayer game even if I do get distracted by the likes of Project Reality for BF2 or the occasional stint of CoD4.

RO is something special, and I'm delighted to have been involved in the creation of MN, I only wish I had more time these days to help out the team who are still doing a great job with the updates etc.

Upvote 0
Playing MN has only reminded me what I've been missing, I was very sad when C3ll decided to move away from the game in the first place, it's still my favourite multiplayer game even if I do get distracted by the likes of Project Reality for BF2 or the occasional stint of CoD4.

RO is something special, and I'm delighted to have been involved in the creation of MN, I only wish I had more time these days to help out the team who are still doing a great job with the updates etc.

Ranzig danzig is a c3ll server right? can you do us all a favour and change it from danzig to MN :p

Upvote 0