• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

DLC for Kf2

Dolan

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 9, 2014
Canada
www.youtube.com
So when I played Killing Floor 1 for my first 200 hours I got my first DLC which was the Neon Character pack, when I saw just how sick Mr. Foster (Mr.Magma) and DJ Skully (Voltage) looked I was so happy.

So my question is, would we see awesome DLC's like that in KF2? Because my favorite DLC's were:

Neon Character pack
Neon Weapons pack
OutBreak character pack
London's Finest character pack

And that's just a few of them, but like I said my question is would we see amazing and cool DLC's like this in KF2?

Sweet fashion sense man,

clothingchoice.png

Chances are we'll see things like that again. If you can make money by drawing over textures with a solid color in MS paint, why wouldn't you?

Upvote 0
Chances are we'll see things like that again. If you can make money by drawing over textures with a solid color in MS paint, why wouldn't you?
xD
It's funny because all of the textures were done in about 5 minutes each in the exact way Arblarg is referring to.
lines.png
lines.png

Just lines, no skill. Even the way the illumination was done is awful.

Upvote 0
How would you do a neon coloration then? I know it can be lazy, but what else can you do if you want to draw neon weapons?

also, what's wrong with illumination? it looks fine to me. too blurry maybe?
Personally I wouldn't do neon at all because it looks awful, but what it really would need is some kind of redesign rather than a recolor.

Upvote 0
So when I played Killing Floor 1 for my first 200 hours I got my first DLC which was the Neon Character pack, when I saw just how sick Mr. Foster (Mr.Magma) and DJ Skully (Voltage) looked I was so happy.

So my question is, would we see awesome DLC's like that in KF2? Because my favorite DLC's were:

Neon Character pack
Neon Weapons pack
OutBreak character pack
London's Finest character pack

And that's just a few of them, but like I said my question is would we see amazing and cool DLC's like this in KF2?

No. Please... never.

Those skin packs were ****ing awful and I'm still blown away that they're in KF.

Upvote 0
How would you do a neon coloration then? I know it can be lazy, but what else can you do if you want to draw neon weapons?

also, what's wrong with illumination? it looks fine to me. too blurry maybe?
The fact is that it was horribly put together. It uses the default SCAR texture with lines draw on it. Excuse the small pictures, I did them quickly

If you know how to use the SDK, look at how the textures are packaged. So much space is wasted because the creator had no idea what he was doing. After doing my own repackaging, I cut down the package to 2/3.
Even with that size cut I was able to move compression from DXT3 up to DXT5 (less compressed so nicer) and uses a 2048x2048 instead of a 1024x1024 self-illumination mask.

He, honestly, could not have done a worse job.
inb4 "why don't you make your own weapon pack?"

Upvote 0
The fact is that it was horribly put together. It uses the default SCAR texture with lines draw on it. Excuse the small pictures, I did them quickly

If you know how to use the SDK, look at how the textures are packaged. So much space is wasted because the creator had no idea what he was doing. After doing my own repackaging, I cut down the package to 2/3.
Even with that size cut I was able to move compression from DXT3 up to DXT5 (less compressed so nicer) and uses a 2048x2048 instead of a 1024x1024 self-illumination mask.

He, honestly, could not have done a worse job.
inb4 "why don't you make your own weapon pack?"

Dammit, I shouldn't have even put my opinion... Because I should of known people were just gonna hate.

Upvote 0

EEExactly! Just look at Minecraft - bought my Microsoft!!! :eek::eek::eek:

To topic: I expect future cheap-butt DLC's from TW. But they do that to fund themselves and provide some more free content for the community if they aren't changing.

Upvote 0
There's nothing one can do but "hate" the indefensible.
But labeling the opposition as haters is pretty stupid too so I guess some things go hand-in-hand.

I dislike the term haters, it's completely overused to describe what basically amounts to a contrasting opinion
It's like, "people don't like something so I'm going to define them by the only thing I know about them"
People have opinions, and if a lot of people think your idea or opinion is stupid, maybe consider rethinking your overall outlook on things rather than just labelling them and not changing at all

Upvote 0
Now tell me how you can like Skin DLCs over the Weapon Dlcs, if you could barely see you arm.
Do people love spending moneys to buy characters that they can only see for a second or two when the Patty dies?

A lot of the thought behind buying cosmetic DLC is to look good in the eyes of other people. Much like if one were to drive around in a solid-gold limousine (or buy golden weapons in KF), it doesn't serve a real purpose other than looking nice and/or making others jealous.

They usually have unique voices, I guess.

Upvote 0
Now tell me how you can like Skin DLCs over the Weapon Dlcs, if you could barely see you arm.
Do people love spending moneys to buy characters that they can only see for a second or two when the Patty dies?

Hey c'mon now, this argument is pretty bad. It's like asking why people love spending money on fancy hats when the only time they can actually see it on themselves is looking in a mirror/photo. It's about presenting yourself.

Also having your whole team play as third person perspective (press f4 in-game) for patty wave is hilarious fun. Especially if you use the LAW.

Upvote 0
Hey c'mon now, this argument is pretty bad. It's like asking why people love spending money on fancy hats when the only time they can actually see it on themselves is looking in a mirror/photo. It's about presenting yourself.

Also having your whole team play as third person perspective (press f4 in-game) for patty wave is hilarious fun. Especially if you use the LAW.

I love your signature xD We've had the same experiences of seeing those types of noobs I'm assuming.

Upvote 0