• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dislike the Dislikes :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

-[SiN]-bswearer

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 3, 2008
seriously, can this feature become moderated or changed? it's getting rediculous that people are allowed to troll others with constant disliking for no reason. sure, some people will say "it's just stupid rep points", but i'm a man of principle and people shouldn't be given this ability to abuse something like this despite how "insignificant" it may be.

please just do us all a favor and remove the ability to dislike so these trolls can't have fun anymore.

Last edited:
If anyone else other then you Bswearer were to have posted it. I would just say it was a deliberate troll to get the highest count of dislikes :).

Personally ive been away from the forums for the last few weeks, kinda surprising to see this like/dislike ( cough facebook ) added to the forums, wtf for? First thing I thought of when I read the request post was "Well TWI wont do that because it just goes.. well .. some people get their jollies out pushing buttons yknow..."

Upvote 0
well, i really like (all these puns.....) the ability to give a simple thumbs up for a post/idea/comment etc.... it eliminates having to repost those same posts/ideas/comments etc... while still showing that people support that idea. a lot of threads have the same posts over and over and over again where it's essentially people explaining why they agree with what was said. the "like" feature eliminates that redundancy.

although with the "dislikes", i mean i'm starting to get relatively concerned about it....there's a difference between not agreeing with things that are said in a post and clicking a button just to get at people because you either don't like them or just want to press their buttons. if you don't agree with somebody, that's what "post a reply" is for.....you know actually having the balls and mutual respect to post your opinions and being held socially accountable as opposed to just annonimously clicking a button and hiding like a little coward.

currently the feature is allowing people to secretly be douches and so far the results have been a huge increase in the amount of "secret" trolling that's been going on in these forums without the ability for "victims" to report said abuses.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
well not quite that simple......4 of my last 5 "dislikes" were for posts like this:

hurray! Yoshi just had his job description modified to include: manager of TW social media marketing. congrats :)

and then of course more trolling by disliking the posts which questioned why somebody would clicked dislike for a post without any rational reason it should be "disliked". take a look at this thread, people disliking my concern that dislikes are becoming a concern? obvious trolling is obvious :rolleyes:

also note, any post you've ever made is fair game. so no, simply not posting isn't a solution for a member like me who has as many posts as i do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Problem is, bswearer appears to be concerned - and I share the concern - that posts will get rated negatively regardless of whether they are valuable or not. Because a troll does not always base his minuses on rational criteria, do they?

The other solution mentioned, not posting at all is surely a win-win for forums. Not.
(Btw, I've minused you there, Steele, sorry. Just to prove the point. And because I don't agree)

Reactions: slavek
Upvote 0
Feel free to minus me if you disagree with something I'm saying, Kant. That's part of the deal. :)

I think most of us use the plus a lot more than the minus, in general. A big part of where the minus-trolling comes into play is in threads or posts that have a whiny tone. I'm not mentioning any names here - and it's not BSwearer :p - but there's one guy in particular that complains about it all the time, and just about every single one of his posts that has a complaint gets troll-minused, and he's built up enough of a rep for complaining that just about anything he posts now gets troll-minused.

Some people are always going to be douchebags, that's all there is to it. If you're not willing to put up with a little bit of trolling, now and then, and just roll with it, then ... teh interwebs may not be teh seriez of tubez through which you want to be traveling.

That was really my point, Kant, more than anything. Not a serious suggestion that BSwearer - or anyone - shouldn't post. It's just that you take your chances. You post something good, interesting, funny, useful, w/e, and you're going to balance out on the positive side, more than likely. Post whiny and / or retarded stuff, and you're going to pretty much get screwed.

Edited to add: I haven't given any post in this thread a plus or a minus.

Also edited to add: There is, btw, a limit to how many posts you can like or dislike in a day. I ran into that when troll-plussing everything from 7thGuardsTankDiv. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
take a look at this thread, people disliking my concern that dislikes are becoming a concern? obvious trolling is obvious :rolleyes:

Ohh come now Sugartush, you know you love the attention.

trollface.png

Upvote 0
You know how all rep-related problems can be solved? Stop caring!

It's like the broken scoring system in RO, that, although it promotes teamwork in a way, is completely useless for showing someone's skill, which is what the score-board should be about. Some folks care about it and they work for points by resupplying mg-gunners and then complain when someone else got more points than them - others just don't give a damn about the score-board and are happier for it.

@bswearer: It's funny to give you dislikes when you complain about them. It's ironic and you're a target that cares. If you at least stopped caring as far as the public is concerned that would save you from some minus-rep points too.
At least in the offtopic section!
The KF Suggestions Forum is a hellhole full of nitpicky, constantly negative douches and even though the ones I'm referring to here probably don't give you minus-rep they help to promote an atmosphere in that forum that attracts more asses - or turns people into asses. People adjust to the tone that is prevalent in a forum and that forum just stinks in this regard.

Reactions: Harb and Zetsumei
Upvote 0
Feel proud of thyself m8, nobody's got as many little red buttons as you.
i dident even notice until you mentioned them...

...funny how many people feel that such things as "like" or "dislike" buttons/ratings have any value whatsoever...:p

but i'm a man of principle and people shouldn't be given this ability to abuse something like this despite how "insignificant" it may be.

Maybe you should make it a principle of yours to not care about stupid forum functions..or taking yourself too seriously...or having some little fun during the day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If they added the ability to see who had voted what then maybe that would solve the issue? Rather than remove it totally, of course that could then lead to flame wars.

I've got no secrets:

+ repped fiftyone for the flying IS2

- repped blacklabel because I want to see how many red buttons he can get =)

:IS2:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.