• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

[Solution] Disable Speedhack Detection

ro_sauce

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 26, 2007
bwhgaming.com
How to disable speedhack detection on your server:
=====================
Edit ROGame.ini:
Change these Values:
Code:
[Engine.GameInfo]

MaxTimeMargin=0.000000 /** Max interval that client clock is allowed to get ahead of server clock before triggering speed hack detection */
TimeMarginSlack=0.00000 /** How fast we allow client clock to drift from server clock over time without ever triggering speed hack detection */
MinTimeMargin=-0.000000 /** Clamps how far behind server clock we let time margin get.  Used to prevent speedhacks where client slows their clock down for a while then speeds it up. */
MaxSpeedhackDetections=0 /** When a client passes this number of speedhack detections, the server will do the SpeedHackPunishment */
SpeedhackPunishment=0 /** What to do when a detected Speedhacker crosses the  MaxSpeedhackDetections threshold(0 = Kick, 1 = Session Ban, 2 =  Permanent Ban) */
======================
and that's it. now people with bad connections won't get banned.

Last edited:
Reactions: LuizPSC123

LuizPSC123

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 2, 2012
I remember the day i played in yourserver to see if it the configurations could work, worked like a charm i must add.

r5cya

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 17, 2011
San Bruno, California
the funny thing is, using speed hack, would be the most obvious and stupid hack a guy could use. i mean it would be obvious they're using it and they'd be banned from the server anyway.
server owners, please disable speedhack detection?

ro_sauce

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 26, 2007
bwhgaming.com
yeah thats what i was thinking, we have admins right? not too hard when you get complaints about <steamid> speedhacking.
i felt it wasnt very fair to throw the bad/slow connection people under the bus in order to stop speedhackers.

LuizPSC123

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 2, 2012
yap, is rascist and stuff.

I kidding, for what i researched for four months i saw much responses, some fixes, other people telling to get a better internet, punkbuster is the devil, bleah bleagh and so on.

After so many weeks, finaly ro_sauce help me with this, and figure a fix for that problem.

Thanks again.

ro_sauce

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 26, 2007
bwhgaming.com
i'm not sure if they are able to access their ini's, depending on if they rent server from service.
i run mine using a vds with windows installed.
god i hate windows, too bad twi doesnt like linux like the rest of the server world.

LuizPSC123

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 2, 2012
Last edited:

LuizPSC123

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 2, 2012
Sorry for the huge time without being seen, some computer problems and familiar but now i back, and i think i found a way to purge the speed Hacker problem.

Is simple, but install Windows 7.

after my computer have corruption problems i take the chance and instaled the seven, and played Red Orchestra 2 again in some servers, when before i get kicked now i can play the game nicely.

So the problem to me is over, or some update happened and i could