• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Devs can you aknowledge that hitreg and lag is problem with the game

SolitarioSoldat

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
USA,Tampa,Florida
I was enjoying the game till the last 2 patches,dont know what they did but men this is not me just having 1 bad game,hitreg is off the chart.If it continues like this I have no reason to fire up RO2 again and again just to have this happening on 80 ping servers,as for the lag part JFG server was an amazing 64 slot server that I had 60-80 ping,thanks to new patches ping climbes to 250-300 ping....

Devs are you gonna admit that this is a problem,or you will let it slide?

I was enjoying the game till the last 2 patches,dont know what they did but men this is not me just having 1 bad game,hitreg is off the chart.If it continues like this I have no reason to fire up RO2 again and again just to have this happening on 80 ping servers,as for the lag part JFG server was an amazing 64 slot server that I had 60-80 ping,thanks to new patches ping climbes to 250-300 ping....

Devs are you gonna admit that this is a problem,or you will let it slide?

Hit registration is only bad if your ping is over 150 or so, and if it is that high then don't blame the game. This thread really doesn't need to exist because there is already multiple threads on this subject.

Reactions: SolitarioSoldat
Upvote 0
exactly why it should exist, there are multiple threads for the hitreg on acceptable ping and ping going sky high accompained with lag and stutter.

If we dont moan then things will stay the same,its all srewed up after this last 2 patches,tons of people notice this I just want to know if devs are not just reading but aknowledging that its an issue and they will work on it.

Upvote 0
I don't have a problem with any of the things you mentioned, but you do. That's fine, but you don't need to make twenty threads on the same subject, just post in the ones that already exist. If the thread stays at the top and people keep posting in it, it will have the same effect to the developers as making twenty different topics on it. Just my 3 cents.

Reactions: SolitarioSoldat
Upvote 0
my ping is 34-45 ish, so why cant I hit 4 people crossing the street at a close distance while gently hitting the trigger ?

The mg's are useless at this point since a bolt actions is way more effective.
heck even an mp40 is a better kllingmachine/supression tool.

If the hits get registered.
We we need a belt feeded mp40 with bi-pod :IS2:
But there is something wrong with the hit detection.

Upvote 0
my ping is 34-45 ish, so why cant I hit 4 people crossing the street at a close distance while gently hitting the trigger ?

The mg's are useless at this point since a bolt actions is way more effective.
heck even an mp40 is a better kllingmachine/supression tool.

If the hits get registered.
We we need a belt feeded mp40 with bi-pod :IS2:
But there is something wrong with the hit detection.

Aiming could help. Seriously though, in my 80 hours playtime I had maybe 4 situations where I went "WTF!? How did he survive that?", and it was always ping related.

Upvote 0
I agree that there are a lot of threads about this, but the OP is right that they don't acknowledge a problem ... they kind of throw out a "gauntlet" and challenge us to PROVE it. Well, there's videos up on other threads now that do just that, and strangely the devs have now gagged themselves on the issue.

FWIW, I get this bug in ALL ping situations, as I've posted repeatedly in numerous threads since beta, and I've seen others get hit by it, as well. Granted, it may actually be worse in high ping/lag situations, and by "worse," I mean the range of the registration failure gets longer; I have the same problem hitting a guy in the same room (stationary or moving) whether my ping is 30 or 300. Yet, I have no problem with a 200m head shot on a guy in a window.

Now, if there IS a lag issue, then the devs have some 'splaining to do, because they have repeatedly said that they don't use the type of hit detection model that is effected by that, meaning there are not supposed to be "lag kills."

Upvote 0
I can understand that this is an issue, but i'm afraid not everyone has it i don't know anyone personnally who has this issue and that includes me... But its obvious it exists, the videos are the're.

I'm pretty sure the're looking into it... It's like the first shot bug, they didn't say they were on it but they fixed it last patch, they don't need to tell us constantly what exacly the're working on.

*Edit*

Really it would be a waste of time...

Reactions: Josef Nader
Upvote 0
Hit registration is only bad if your ping is over 150 or so, and if it is that high then don't blame the game. This thread really doesn't need to exist because there is already multiple threads on this subject.

No, it isn't. I've had it happen at 50-60 ping.

Other than that, this thread needs to drop off the face of the forums. There are a dozen other threads on this same topic, and several of them have the devs saying the same thing. "Give us a way to reproduce it and we'll fix it right away."

A video showing it happening is about as helpful as a picture of medicine is to a dying man. Unless the video demonstrates how to reproduce it, it doesn't actually give the devs anything useful to work with.

Also, what Warishell said

Reactions: Somewhat Vague
Upvote 0
Same here, and I have to say, the videos I have seen (I have not watched them all) are really inconclusive.

Yeah, save for the bayonet video which is obviously a fail in the hitreg.

I need to get a video of it happening when I sneak up behind someone and put four bullets into the back of their head with careful ADS shots and have them turn around and kill me, 'cause that's the kind of situation that I run into, but FRAPS kills my FPS.

Even then, it doesn't help them reproduce it...

Upvote 0

I need to get a video of it happening when I sneak up behind someone and put four bullets into the back of their head with careful ADS shots and have them turn around and kill me, 'cause that's the kind of situation that I run into, but FRAPS kills my FPS.

then its all good for nothing,posting,moaning... I give up....Hope mods will do better.

Upvote 0
No, it isn't. I've had it happen at 50-60 ping.

Other than that, this thread needs to drop off the face of the forums. There are a dozen other threads on this same topic, and several of them have the devs saying the same thing. "Give us a way to reproduce it and we'll fix it right away."

A video showing it happening is about as helpful as a picture of medicine is to a dying man. Unless the video demonstrates how to reproduce it, it doesn't actually give the devs anything useful to work with.

Also, what Warishell said

But, as you and I both know, there IS no "triggering mechanism" to this bug. There is only so much the PLAYER can do, and are we REALLY supposed to be troubleshooting a GAME we paid to play for enjoyment? As you also correctly said, many of us can't even RUN fraps with this game, because the fps is so bad to begin with. I'll tell you right now, I don't see anything we can do "to help them reproduce it." All I can say is get on a machine similar to ours, get on an average internet connection (not the super high speed most of those dev "techies" likely have), and play their game on a bunch of servers. If this type of thing was evident in their pristine "lab" environment, it would presumably have been taken care of before beta even began.

All that being said, it's becoming pretty clear to me that we're screwed: either play it in this broken, frustrating fashion, or stfu and find another game, as it were, unless WE can tell THEM how to fix it. Hey, I'm not a software engineer, I'm just a guy who bought a game to relax with and have something more realistic than COD. I can't fix the game, and I quite honestly wouldn't have the slightest idea how to even try. There is no general "logic" to this bug that the average person is gonna be able to identify and say, "Hey, TWI, if "X" situation occurs and I do "X" and another player does "X," the shot doesn't register." If they're going to insist on THAT, all we're left with is the deal with it or leave "option."

Last edited:
Reactions: Somewhat Vague
Upvote 0