• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Delicious Lab Meat !

Delicious Lab Meat !

• Horrible. I wont eat it, I am against it

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Meh. I wont eat it, but I see it's use

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Delicious, Looking forward for my daily meat pill

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • It's a solution to fead the planet.

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters
You know that episode of South park where Cartman uses stem cells to create the worlds tastiest pizza rather than use it so save Kenny's life?

That's exactly like this...

And no, I wouldn't eat that.

Edit: And to all those saying that it would be able to "Feed the world" I hope you guys realize that there is already enough food being produced in this world to feed everyone in the world one and a half times over their daily recommendation. It's just the distribution and inequality that stops it from ever reaching those who need it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You know that episode of South park where Cartman uses stem cells to create the worlds tastiest pizza rather than use it so save Kenny's life?

That's exactly like this...

And no, I wouldn't eat that.

Edit: And to all those saying that it would be able to "Feed the world" I hope you guys realize that there is already enough food being produced in this world to feed everyone in the world one and a half times over their daily recommendation. It's just the distribution and inequality that stops it from ever reaching those who need it.

yes, but with the population always growing, that technology might come in handy in the future. As pointed out, with fertilizers eventually running out and a lack of certainty if we can continually accelerate crop yields, it is better to be safe than sorry.

Upvote 0
Of course distribution is an issue, nobody is arguing that. But unless you have some bright (and realistic) ideas about how to make distribution more efficient, I don't see a problem with creating more food (or rather, changing the way food is made).

Another factor which you neglected is the fact that creating food in this way is more environmentally friendly.

For future applications, imagine astronauts being able to create fresh food while on long space voyages.

Edit:
To whoever downvoted me here, could you please provide counter arguments instead of resorting to this anonymous and meaningless way of disagreeing.

Last edited:
Reactions: timur and aesdana
Upvote 0
I could eat it, suprising some wouldn't considering the they mostly likely have no calms about eating chicken nuggets.
Btw, I have eaten snails, octupus, crayfish and so on. I am not very delicate on food. Haven't eaten cat's though.. Like it to stay that way, I think....

Would surely have a good texture, I doubt it would taste cow or pig though. As the meat get changed in taste by what the animal eat.

Upvote 0
Meat without antibiotics, fat, steroids, hormones and whatever poisons they feed their animals with, and of course without killing any of them for it. I just don't see any reason why this shouldn't be a good thing.

I think you'll find that their will still be many of those substances will still be used in the cultivating of this certain 'meat'. Especially so with antibiotics due to the fact the flesh ground is not a complete system and therefore cannot produce white blood cells and T-cells. Steriods and hormones will still be used on them as it accelerates tissue growth, fat will still be used as we still need to feed these cells though development. So it's basically back to square one!

There will still be need for farmland and cattle, as we still need alternative produce that (so far) these stem growths cannot provide such as wool and leather, if fact we may need it more than ever in the near future as many synthetic materials will no longer be able to be produced due to little or no oil supoly left.

I agree that we are going to have a food crisis some time in the future due to the population, but let's face it! The only way we are going to stop food shortages is to stop population growth, we won't need to create desperate attempts to feed 10 billion people if there aren't 10 billion people on the plant. And with miracles like birth control and family planning we can actually stabilize if not reduce the worlds population without having to resort any form of 'final solutions' or other extreme acts.

I could go on afew more paragraphs but it's 5 A.M and I really need some sleep, as the next generation greenie! I will continue to voice my opions all the whilst listening and contructively discussing others opinions. Goodnight!

Upvote 0
i would probably eat it, but i don't think it will help much fighting hunger in the third world. i'm pretty pissed at how supermarkets throw away perfectly good food all the time because it "expired", sometimes even shredding it, so homeless people can't collect it out of the trash containers. there's so much going wrong in our capitalistic societies, i don't know where to start... :(
still, the lab meat might be better than a burger paddie containing parts of dozens of different cattle.

Upvote 0
i would probably eat it, but i don't think it will help much fighting hunger in the third world. i'm pretty pissed at how supermarkets throw away perfectly good food all the time because it "expired", sometimes even shredding it, so homeless people can't collect it out of the trash containers. there's so much going wrong in our capitalistic societies, i don't know where to start... :(
still, the lab meat might be better than a burger paddie containing parts of dozens of different cattle.

Yeah, some of the liability related laws are ridiculous. If that supermarket were to put out food for the homeless or give it away in some shape or form, they would be liable for someone getting sick from it. Meaning they could be sued. It's a 'cover our ***' game, even if they would like to help...

Upvote 0
What I'm wondering is that if people are generally against cloning, now how is this different from that? Artificially growing meat, what the hell?
The way the planet is overpopulating it's a way to ensure enough food will be available with less space needed to get it, but like Drakon said, where will it end? This might very well turn into a slippery slope.

Upvote 0
What I'm wondering is that if people are generally against cloning, now how is this different from that? Artificially growing meat, what the hell?
The way the planet is overpopulating it's a way to ensure enough food will be available with less space needed to get it, but like Drakon said, where will it end? This might very well turn into a slippery slope.

I support cloning, I may need a new liver at some point.
I would also like to marry a female clone of myself, that way I could be all by myself without being foreveralone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0