• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Declining number of populated Classic servers. Bots everywhere.. What now?

I hope "classic" gets the resurrection you seek. i'm doubting it though. having more than one mode was a huge mistake.

Yeah the current playerbase is just too used to Realism mode to play any different game mode. The only option to get these players to convert is if like some of those most popular servers just switch to Classic. Doubt it'll happen though.

Still, put in 6 hours this past day in Classic, having a lot of fun, and have to applaud TWI for these nice changes. Mostly it was just old names that I'd recognize from 40-1 #2 and then the new players from the free weekend, lvls 10-15.

Upvote 0
Classic, based on its name alone, isn't as appealing as Realism. There is no way you can doubt that. If you've NEVER played RO and picked up this game, which mode would you go for? Assuming you bought this game for the realism?

The vast majority of people playing Classic mode are on this forum and know exactly what to expect from the mode, especially as most of them played RO1. Right now around 4000 people are playing RO2. How many of them do you think are on the forums?

Change the name of Classic to "Hardcore Realism" and market it as a nice, new mode and it WILL attract a hell of a lot more people. Especially if you plaster it all over the game.

Upvote 0
Classic, based on its name alone, isn't as appealing as Realism. There is no way you can doubt that. If you've NEVER played RO and picked up this game, which mode would you go for? Assuming you bought this game for the realism?

The vast majority of people playing Classic mode are on this forum and know exactly what to expect from the mode, especially as most of them played RO1. Right now around 4000 people are playing RO2. How many of them do you think are on the forums?

Change the name of Classic to "Hardcore Realism" and market it as a nice, new mode and it WILL attract a hell of a lot more people. Especially if you plaster it all over the game.
+1
and add some of this stuff to Classic :)
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=89616

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I need to try classic out again, my biggest and probably only gripe with classic was the delay to iron sight. Not so much the actual delay but the lack of any noticeable action when pressing the button. If you push a button in a game I like there to be an immediate sign that the button is doing something on screen no matter how slowly and there should be a sign of the action that the button is meant to activate.

However pressing to go into iron sight did nothing after sprint, it made me feel as though I either hadn't pressed the button or the game had seized up. It was perhaps the most frustrating and restrictive thing I've seen in an FPS for a long time, it even beats not being able to strafe whilst sprinting in BF.

Upvote 0
I need to try classic out again, my biggest and probably only gripe with classic was the delay to iron sight. Not so much the actual delay but the lack of any noticeable action when pressing the button. If you push a button in a game I like there to be an immediate sign that the button is doing something on screen no matter how slowly and there should be a sign of the action that the button is meant to activate.

However pressing to go into iron sight did nothing after sprint, it made me feel as though I either hadn't pressed the button or the game had seized up. It was perhaps the most frustrating and restrictive thing I've seen in an FPS for a long time, it even beats not being able to strafe whilst sprinting in BF.

Yeah, that was my biggest gripe as well. That's why I'm glad I made that thread, and that there were many other like-minded people that pushed for that change in the classic feedback thread. Classic is so much better now and most definitely playable! Not only is it playable, it's also fun!

Upvote 0