• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Darkest Hour mod or Tripwire's own Expansion to '44-'45

First mod being concentrated on the pacific implies there aren't any tanks.

There were tanks used in the Pacific...

Why would they be so quite about them otherwise?[/QUOTE]

Because they are not ready to reveal them yet? We haven't heard much information about grenades either, so I guess HoS won't be featuring grenades.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tanks didn't play a major role in the pacific. Making a pacific-mod would imply that there aren't tanks because pacific was mainly a air/sea/infantry-focused.

Comparing tanks to grenades is just bad argumentation.

Pseudo-realistic tank combat was something unique to RO, whereas grenades are featured in every post-quake2 game.

I do not understand why TWI won't say "yes we have tanks" and end the speculations about them being in or not right there and then?

They could've kept quiet about the PzIV's seen in screenshots, but they intead quickly told us that they were static meshes and not drivable tanks. Why? So people won't get false hope about tanks?

Upvote 0
...I do not understand why TWI won't say "yes we have tanks" and end the speculations about them being in or not right there and then?

Most likely there will be tanks at some point, whether in the initial release or later on with an update.

They are probably hoping they will have the tanks worked out for the initial release, but aren't sure that will happen. In that case, they will probably be released as an update.

To state that there will be tanks implies that the initial release will have them, and if they can't sort the tanks out and they then release it without them, they would have lied to us.

My guess is that since they haven't denied it, we will see them sooner or later; no news here is good news :)

Upvote 0
Tanks, no tanks who can tell ?

there are tanks in a couple of the screen shots but no way of knowing if there static models or able to move - my guess and it's only a guess is there will be tanks.

Hope there will be - but will have to wait and see.

RE: normandy being done to death game wise - true there have been a quite a few, but not many that are realistic with the gritty feel you get from DH most are run/shoot fests.

Upvote 0
Tanks, no tanks who can tell ?

there are tanks in a couple of the screen shots but no way of knowing if there static models or able to move - my guess and it's only a guess is there will be tanks.

Hope there will be - but will have to wait and see.

RE: normandy being done to death game wise - true there have been a quite a few, but not many that are realistic with the gritty feel you get from DH most are run/shoot fests.

They are static models. TWI stated this earlier.

Upvote 0
Hopefully there won't be any DH mod for HOS. DH split the RO player base and I haven't been able to play RO since then. RO became Danzig 24/7. So it's either Danzig 24/7 or DH "We like to play terrible maps and wank about how we're driving around in King Tigers and stacking the German team." Fun times.

Bahahahaha

Oh man, Kipper speaks the truth.

Ideally, HoS will have a substantially larger player base, but realistically it is going to be subject to the same "OMG WHERE AR TOMMY GUNS" crowd as the last game resulting in a fractured community.

Not to mention Mare Nostrum, bless its heart, was dead on arrival as far as player count was concerned.

Darkest Hour 2 or a post-43 Euro mod of any type would be a hell of a lot of fun, but what's important to me is a consistent RO player base and a quality product. Darkest Hour is just the cheese on top of the gravy. And to be frank, I don't know that I like that flavor.

Upvote 0
First mod being concentrated on the pacific implies there aren't any tanks.

Why would they be so quite about them otherwise?

Still seems like it's too important for them to ditch. But my guess is that they are having some troubles with it. I mean, all vehicle samples in the UDK aren't exactly WWII friendly, they are all hovering and flying about. Nothing that has tracks or wheels. So they can't base their vehicles off anything and will have to make it from scratch. Now.. I'm no coder, (Or well.. um, a novice coder.) so they probably didn't base it off anything in the first game either.

Reactions: Tank!
Upvote 0