• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Company of heroes

This game is great guys! Usually I don't go for RTS games like this, but this one sets itself apart because of the graphics and physics. Being able to plow through any structure int eh game really opens up the tactical options and makes it so much more realistic, since it keeps people from using "gamey" tactics like shielding their entire force behind an outhouse.

The armor system is semi-realistic....but funny enough it has more fidelity than that of Red Orchestra at times! For example, main guns can be taken out. However, at the core it is still RTS in that you can repair such vehilces in the field.

Other graphical touches are amazing, like a P-47's strafing fire cutting tree limibs off as it makes its run.

Upvote 0
Bolt said:
No, i didn't try the game, but from what i've read, i think about this game as of usual strategy, with nice graphics, but without any new features. It's almost the same as warcraft 2, but in WW2 era. Or am i wrong?

I suppose it does not offer anything groundbreaking in terms of revolutionizing actual RTS gameplay, but what they do offer works surprisingly well. Its simply amazingly FUN to play, more so then any RTS I have played in recent years. This game truely shines if you have the rig for it to run on, and I would suggest you give it a try if you like world war 2 or RTS games in general.

Sign up for fileplanet, its free, the BETA is now an open beta anyone can play. Give it a shot

Upvote 0
I'm gonna have to get/build a new computer to play this it seems :|

Right now I have a 2.6ghz processor, 1 GB of RAM, a Radeon 9250 256mb PCI (no AGP slots, this is a dell) which ISN'T compatible with the game.

I was able to actually start the game on my brother's computer, but it lagged like crazy, but what I played from the tutorial left me wanting to play it more ~_~

Just got earn some cash now...

Upvote 0
I'm about _this_ close to uninstalling this now. The new patch that was supposed to fix the lagged and buggy lobby apparently didn't do a thing, if anything it made it worse! Still connection problem messages every 5 seconds, still not possible to connect to servers, still crashes repeatedly in the lobby etc etc..

In about a weeks time i've managed to play ONE game, kinda hard to beta test a game if you can't get it started because of the worst online lobby ever created.

Upvote 0
Darkseed said:
I'm about _this_ close to uninstalling this now. The new patch that was supposed to fix the lagged and buggy lobby apparently didn't do a thing, if anything it made it worse! Still connection problem messages every 5 seconds, still not possible to connect to servers, still crashes repeatedly in the lobby etc etc..

In about a weeks time i've managed to play ONE game, kinda hard to beta test a game if you can't get it started because of the worst online lobby ever created.
LOL hence it being BETA!!! This is why you should report these bugs so they can be fixed, obviously!

Upvote 0
Darkseed said:

Such is the nature of the beast. The purpose of the BETA was to test the online lobby and multiplayer functionality, not the actual gameplay elements themselves. The only thing we are BETA testing is the lobby and multiplayer, and as you can see, it has gone through many patches. Before the open beta that let everyone in, the game was working fairly well without any major problems. As soon as the floodgates opened, the stress on their servers showed and the game could not handle it.

I am glad they are doing the beta now, considering the game is coming out in a month, better to find these problems now rather then at release time.

Upvote 0
Panzer Meyer said:
LOL hence it being BETA!!! This is why you should report these bugs so they can be fixed, obviously!

Way to state the obvious. Beta or not, I just don't have the time nor the patience to sit through constant crashes and disconnects every day in the week so that I maybe, just MAYBE once in a blue moon can play a game. The game itself isn't quite that enjoyable.

Upvote 0