• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Company of heroes

Simply Stunning. period.

Hands down the best RTS I have played. The enviroments are completly destructable, everything. Houses, buildings, people, the ground. You can deform the earth with explosions, the area actually looks like a battle took place, and in remarkable detail. Everything uses the havok physics engine, so when your poor little rifle squad takes an incoming artillery round they go flying, losing hands, limbs and all other essential body parts. The explosions are also the best I have seen in game, a simply excellent job. Alot of those "little" details are in the game, like today when I had a sniper hidden on a rooftop and a squad of engineers approached, the sniper picked the one with the flamethrower on his back and bang, he went down in a fiery explosion as his canister exploded. Alot of those little things are everywhere, throwing sticky bombs on tanks, actually being able to have your squad pick up dropped enemy weapons, seeing your squadmates take the place of a downed comrade who was manning a MG before he was sniped. The soldiers seem to act how you would expect them to in war, they dive for cover, roll, crawl and actually seem to act as if they dont want to die.

As you can probably tell, I came away very impressed. Its definitly worth signing up for fileplanet for 7 bucks to get a beta key.

The only bad part with a game that looks this good is that the system requirements are very high. If you have the system for it, I would give it a shot for sure, as you wont be dissapointed!

Upvote 0
I played the tutorial(I have too much work on a deadline to sneak in that much time) and it was abso-f***ing-lutely awesome. F*** Blitzkrieg, screw Codename Panzers, this is how you make a World War II strategy game.

Its the first strategy game I've seen that made proper use of the context sensetive movement that Full Spectrum Warrior and Brothers in Arms made popular.

Upvote 0