• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Character shouting in game, please let us have the option to make our character mute?

Stiler

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 24, 2005
TN
Ok, in context it makes sense when you're in a line and you shout "reloading" so your squad knows you are and other things.

However this can ruin some gameplay for some. Mainly if you're the type of player that likes to sneak around the battlefield, outflanking people, taking a long way around while prone to get behind them unexpectedly.

However doing this, and then right as you get near someone to kill them and realize you have only a quarter of a mag left and reload it, and you press reload only to have your guy shout "I'M RELOADING HERE!" altering all nearby enemies that you're there.

This has happened to me before in other games, from Call of duty/Bf, etc.

I would think that it wouldn't be that hard to have a simple option/button in game to make our cahracter go into a "stealth" type of mode where they keep information like that quiet so they don't blurt out their location to enemies.

This Isnt Call of Duty, its about teamwork, not going solo.

This is totally irrelevant and the "this is not CoD" argument is so worn out and annoying. Going solo can contribute to the team greatly, especially if you're flanking and mow down a bunch of enemies, allowing your team to capture an objective with less, or zero resistance.

If I am sneaking around to try to take out an MG I don't want my character to yell "HERE I COME IVAN", only for the MG to mow me down because my soldier can't keep his mouth shut.

It's a very immersive thing, but I would prefer if it was just client-side and other players didn't hear it, or at the very least a server-side option.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nevertheless you do end up "solo" many times, regardless of team play. You can even be "sneaky" with teammates, it still doesn't make sense to have your guys shout when you want to be quiet.

Think also in the mod Rising Storm..... sneaking in the grass of the jungle....

RELOADIIIIING XD

BANZAIIII!!!!

FAIL....

Upvote 0
The feature actually checks if there are team mates nearby to shout reload to. If there aren't any, your soldier will not call out.

Genious!

Although, sneaking with a buddy, as I often try to get an assault trooper with me, may then be a problem? I'm sure there'd be work arounds, keep a set distance from each other.

To also ask, and not start a new thread - in regards to the shouting, will there be an option so that they will shout and call out in their native tongues, rather than English with an accent? I just prefer it that way, more immersive. :)

Upvote 0
The big American trick was to put a Garand clip on an elastic band around the helmet, pull it out an inch and let it PONG. Any decent mod including Americans needs to have the rifleman class able to make that sound as a quick voice command.

This is hilarious, I love historical tidbits like this. I fully support a PING voice command for any mods including the Americans.

Upvote 0
The feature actually checks if there are team mates nearby to shout reload to. If there aren't any, your soldier will not call out.

The system as stated still seems slightly counter-intuitive.

If I'm flanking with a friend to try and get that pesky MG/Sniper and decide to reload my gun before going into the hardpoint to clear it out saying "reloading" is going to give my foes a warning I shouldn't be obliged to give potentially getting me killed.

I admit I'm not the one working on the game but how difficult/game breaking could it realistically be to implement a toggleable "idle chatter" button just to keep my guy quiet. More options are always preferable to being railroaded after all. If I was crying out if I was hit I can understand it but the idle chatter seems like a double edged sword in many situations.

I would appreciate any response from you :). I would assume if you guys don't decide to address it the community will relatively quickly so perhaps I'm worrying too much.

Upvote 0