• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Changes, bugs and bugfixes

Aze

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 19, 2010
Ok, with the new patch, there was on top of the new weapons some other changes, new bugs but also some bugfixes. Let's try to list them all shall we?

Changes, and things that still need to change):
Good ones:
*Mac10 both gets bigger magazine and same amount of bonus ammo. Totally awesome!
*Burning specimen seems to burn with smaller flames, making them less visually obstructive for your teammates. Good change for teamplay!
Bad changes (and things still in need of change):
*Tooltip for Firebug only says 60% more ammo, but it doesn't say 60% bigger magazines.
*Tooltip for Commando only says 25% bigger magazines, but it doesn't say 25% more ammo. (Opposite writing mistake of the Firebug mag/ammo bonus)
*Level 6 Firebug now spawn with Flamethrower and Body Armor, which is nice, but inconsistant. (Berserker still has the "no body armor spawn on Suicidal/HoE", which is what i mean with the inconsistancy. That one also needs a change btw)
*Medic has MUCH less of a discount on his weapons (only 87% at level 6). The MP7 now costs 390 (up from 90) at Medic level 6. That's too harsh, imo. It could have been brought down to max 93% perhaps (from 97%), but not more than that.
*Tooltips for Sharpshooter is wrong or changed. It says 60% damage bonus for his Sharpshooter weapons, but it should say 60% HEADSHOT damage bonus!
*Sharpshooter's up to 60% LAR rate of fire bonus is still not in the Sharpshooter tooltip
*Demolitions' up to 30% explosive ammo discount is still not in the Demolitions tooltip
*Demolitions' tooltip of 120% Handgrenade bonus still doesn't have that the LAW also benefits from this ammo bonus.
*Hunting Shotgun still can't be manually reloaded when you have just one shell in the barrels. This should be fixed imo.
*Flamethrower was moved to weaponslot 3. This was a bad change, since the Mac10 goes in slot 3 and you can only pair it with the FT or the Husk Gun, so the FT back on slot 4 would be better.
*M4 w. M203 would be better placed in slot 3, as there it will only be shared with the M79, while in slot 4 it would be shared with both M32 and Pipebombs.
*When cycling melee weapons (weaponslot 1), Claymore is before the Katana. This is not good, because you pretty much always need the Katana equipped faster than the Claymore (to cut down trash). The Claymore's function is more similar to the Axe...
*When cycling pistols (weaponslot 2), the 44 Magnum is taken out before the Handcannon. The Handcannon is higher tier (with both more bullets per mag and higher stopping power), so most of the time you need the HC first.
*Put the MP7 and/or the MP5 in slot 4, as you usually carry weaponslot 3 kind of weapons together with them. And having both in slot 4 also means you can cycle the healing darts quickly (like now, with both in slot 3).
*Weapons with 0 ammo need to be placed last on the queue, even if they have higher priority otherwise. (Thanks for this contribution Althamus!)
*Perked weapons don't appear first in the weaponslots. For example, a medic with LAR and MP7 who presses 3, gets the LAR up first. Perked weapons should come up first!

Bugfixes:
*Claymore no longer weighs less than it should.
*M203's ammo bug is now fixed.
*Magnum and HC's huge ammo bug FINALLY fixed! (Thanks to Scary_ghost...)
*Magnum weight exploit fixed (but there is a new issue with them)

New & Old Bugs:
*Various Hunting Shotgun bugs (are they fixed?)
*44 Magnum and Dual 44 Magnum are still bugged when it comes to weight. If you have 2 more spare room and already have one Magnum, then wanna buy one more (to use up the last 2 blocks of weight), you just simply can't!
*Headshots done by Husk Cannon as well as blunt shots (meaning, non-exploding close range shots) from M79/M32/M203/LAW levels up the Sharpshooter perk! That can't be intended... (Source: Scary_ghost)
*Buying the standard Shotgun still grants you some 9mm ammo.
*Selling a dualwielded pistol (of any kind) still grants you half of max ammo to the single remaining one. The ammo should not be changed at all.
*The Husk has ZERO resistance (ie: The Husk takes full damage) against the burn damage of the Mac10. Intentional or not? (Source: Scary_ghost)
*Mac10 still has the burnbug on Crawlers
*Mac10 still has its weird "ironsight right after shooting" bug, where the weapon isn't brought up to the middle of the screen immediately, but instead goes up slowly to the center.
*Husk Cannon suffers from the same ironsight bug as the Mac10.
*Husk Cannon sometimes allows you to get more than 150 ammo if used offperk, if you pick up ammoboxes.
*Handgrenades can sometimes also allow you to have more than 5, if you had more than 5 (from being Support or Demolitions) and then switching perks.
*There is a general ironsight bug that allows you to "move over" zoomed in vision to other weapons, which also allows you to have zoom AND run fast at the same time.
*Reload animation bug: When you change over to a weapon and INSTANTLY start reloading your newly brought out weapon, it will in fact reload (which is good ofc), but there is no ANIMATION of this reload.
*On fullauto, quite a few weapons shoot 2 bullets every time you click (no matter how brief, even in ZED time). It affects: M4, MP5, MP7, MAC-10, FNFAL ACOG, and the Flamethrower (Thanks for that Darky!)
*MP5 reloading sound doesn't change in volume in proportion to the distance between players (Thanks for that addition akstylish!)
*Dualwielded pistols have a weird inaccuracy problem, depending on what direction you are facing! For further explanation, n87 made a thread about this here:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=1113839#post1113839
Considering how useless dualwielded pistols usually are, removing the inaccuracy coding completely not only fixes the bugs, but also makes dualwielded pistols more viable!
*The burn mechanisms have a HUUUUGE amount of bugs, as Poosh discovered: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=82444 That thread also covers the "crawler bug" (and how to solve it!)

Last edited:
Ok, with the new patch, there was on top of the new weapons some other changes, new bugs but also some bugfixes. Let's try to list them all shall we?

They broke xbow long ago. M14 is better 90% of the time if you can aim.

Tooltips is wrong for most perks on HoE, because they think its a good idea ot make suicidal and HoE having different perk bonus. This is just BAD for new players or players who dont go on the forums. Because everything they learn from hard is pointless on suicidal SUDDENLY.

Xbow do have RoF increase perked.

Any FB weapon still having infinite burning bug on basically all zeds. It happens on clots, crawlers, stalkers, fps, gorefasts on me after the update. I dont know how to make it happen, but it happens. Which is most annoying on fps because the fp will auto rage all day.

Two M4s sometimes share same ammo pool (whem you buy M4203 first) sometimes not (when you buy M4 first).

EDIT: Someting that need to change:

FT go back to slot 4, you cant hold both husk cannon and FT anyway, make FT back to slot 4.

BOTH M4 should be slot 3. Why M4203 is at slot 4...

Katana b4 claymore in slot 1. You need katana more than claymore, and sometimes you need it FAST. But you really never need claymore that fast, like the axe.

HC b4 44 in slot 2. HC is higher teir and like the slot 1 case, you need HC out first most of the time.

MP7 back to slot 4. Most likely medic is holding slot 3 weapons with medic gun. And you have both medic gun on slot 4 is fine because you use it mostly on healing and both gun do the same.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They broke xbow long ago. M14 is better 90% of the time if you can aim.
Hmm, didn't know that. It was a while i played (just the halloween update for all the achievements), til now.

Tooltips is wrong for most perks on HoE, because they think its a good idea ot make suicidal and HoE having different perk bonus. This is just BAD for new players or players who dont go on the forums. Because everything they learn from hard is pointless on suicidal SUDDENLY.
Yeah the inconsistancies bug me to no end >_<

Xbow do have RoF increase perked.
Nope. Never had. It's just as slow/fast if you use it with Sharpshooter, Commando and say... Medic. It is a plain lie.

Any FB weapon still having infinite burning bug on basically all zeds. It happens on clots, crawlers, stalkers, fps, gorefasts on me after the update. I dont know how to make it happen, but it happens. Which is most annoying on fps because the fp will auto rage all day.
Really? It never happened to me...

Two M4s sometimes share same ammo pool (whem you buy M4203 first) sometimes not (when you buy M4 first).
Well, if it was consistant (either ALWAYS sharing ammo or NEVER sharing ammo), it at least makes a bit more sense.

EDIT: Someting that need to change:

FT go back to slot 4, you cant hold both husk cannon and FT anyway, make FT back to slot 4.

Katana b4 claymore in slot 1. You need katana more than claymore, and sometimes you need it FAST. But you really never need claymore that fast, like the axe.

HC b4 44 in slot 2. HC is higher teir and like the slot 1 case, you need HC out first most of the time.

MP7 back to slot 4. Most likely medic is holding slot 3 weapons with medic gun. And you have both medic gun on slot 4 is fine because you use it mostly on healing and both gun do the same.
Agreed with all that! Especially regarding the FT, the Katana/Claymore and the Magnum/HC.

Except this one:
Why M4203 is at slot 4...
Well, this one makes SOME sense to me. It is (moneywise) the easiest to couple with the M79.
Regardless, i don't disagreed with you, it would actually work better in slot 3, cuz then it would only be competing with the M79, instead of competing with both the M32 and pipebombs.

Last edited:
Reactions: sph34r
Upvote 0
The Crossbow's stats haven't changed in this update.

Regarding its reload speed bonus: Technically, it is there; the Sharpshooter's reload speed bonus function does check for the Crossbow. However, because the Crossbow fires directly from reserve ammo, it never actually reloads, so firing it doesn't call that function. Therefore, while the bonus does technically exist, in practice it has no effect.

The Sharpshooter's damage bonus has not been reverted; only the descriptions have. It still applies only to headshots.

For the record, I'm not a fan of the difficulty-based inconsistencies either, for the same reason. It'd be alright if they were explained somewhere in-game though.

I agree with all of the proposed weapon slot changes.

Upvote 0
The Crossbow's stats haven't changed in this update.

Regarding its reload speed bonus: Technically, it is there; the Sharpshooter's reload speed bonus function does check for the Crossbow. However, because the Crossbow fires directly from reserve ammo, it never actually reloads, so firing it doesn't call that function. Therefore, while the bonus does technically exist, in practice it has no effect.
That's exactly what i mean! :)
TWI probably thinks the Sharpshooter benefits from it, but as you said, even though it has the bonus, nothing actually happens. Wonder what TWI wants it to do though.

The Sharpshooter's damage bonus has not been reverted; only the descriptions have. It still applies only to headshots.
Ok good. But that should definitely be clarified by adding so it says like "60% bonus HEADSHOT damage with X/X/X..."

For the record, I'm not a fan of the difficulty-based inconsistencies either, for the same reason. It'd be alright if they were explained somewhere in-game though.
Glad someone else also agrees :)

I agree with all of the proposed weapon slot changes.
I just don't understand WHY they changed them in the first place... :confused:

Upvote 0
That's exactly what i mean! :)
TWI probably thinks the Sharpshooter benefits from it, but as you said, even though it has the bonus, nothing actually happens. Wonder what TWI wants it to do though.

Ok good. But that should definitely be clarified by adding so it says like "60% bonus HEADSHOT damage with X/X/X..."

Glad someone else also agrees :)

I just don't understand WHY they changed them in the first place... :confused:

As I recall they f-up ss perk at one of the updates to make all the damage bonus only happen only when you score a head shot. And they also deside that this should only happen on suicidal and HoE. So on hard they see 9mm as decent weapon, and move just 1 level higher and found out it is USELESS if you miss the head. No new players can suffer such a sudden change. So do the zed changes (scrakes rage for example). Everything they learn suddenly become useless. Yeah, body shot bonus is too much b4, but it doesnt mean you need to REMOVE it. Missing a head on HoE can kill you. Missing only ONE shot will kill you is tad harsh.

And I really dont see why having the same setting for weapons and zeds for all difficulties is wrong.

I am going to test the xbow reload bonus now.

EDIT: xbow used to have rate of fire bonus, but this patch it does not. Not sure when they change that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slappy Cromwell
Upvote 0
As I recall they f-up ss perk at one of the updates to make all the damage bonus only happen only when you score a head shot. And they also deside that this should only happen on suicidal and HoE. So on hard they see 9mm as decent weapon, and move just 1 level higher and found out it is USELESS if you miss the head. No new players can suffer such a sudden change. So do the zed changes (scrakes rage for example). Everything they learn suddenly become useless. Yeah, body shot bonus is too much b4, but it doesnt mean you need to REMOVE it. Missing a head on HoE can kill you. Missing only ONE shot will kill you is tad harsh.
That isn't how it works. The change to giving bonuses only for headshots (which I supported, suggested the implementation, and don't regret at all) is effective on all difficulties; what changes is the magnitude of the 9mm's bonus (it goes from full bonus on Hard- to 40% at level 6 on Suicidal+) and the Scrakes' and Flesh Pounds' Crossbow resistances. I'm fine with the Sharpshooter as it stands on HoE; I just wish the transition from lower difficulties was either smoother or more transparent.

Upvote 0
medic

medic

thanks for screwing over the medic guns with the weaker discount and from the way I read it level 6 medics don't even spawn with the mp7 any more, yea thanks for kicking the medic in the face guys, I am done with kf for a long times thanks to this. By nerfing the medic you nerf his ability to heal and help the team, you don;t see many medic anyway now you see even less, you can change a lot of things and I won't care but you never change the price of weapon after they have been the same for so long, I am a level 4 medic and I can even get my medic gun until I kill for like 3 ways, so why the hell would anyone play medic if you have to kill to get the gun ANYWAY! a medics job is to focus on healing not killing, it is going to be a long time before I ever check killing floor again because of this thanks a lot.

Upvote 0
thanks for screwing over the medic guns with the weaker discount and from the way I read it level 6 medics don't even spawn with the mp7 any more, yea thanks for kicking the medic in the face guys, I am done with kf for a long times thanks to this. By nerfing the medic you nerf his ability to heal and help the team, you don;t see many medic anyway now you see even less, you can change a lot of things and I won't care but you never change the price of weapon after they have been the same for so long, I am a level 4 medic and I can even get my medic gun until I kill for like 3 ways, so why the hell would anyone play medic if you have to kill to get the gun ANYWAY! a medics job is to focus on healing not killing, it is going to be a long time before I ever check killing floor again because of this thanks a lot.
Angry much? Man. You do spawn with an MP7 as a level 6 Medic, in case you were worried.

And, in any case, the nerf makes the Medic a little weaker, such as it is, but it's far from useless. Medic has a speed bonus and a fast syringe recharge for a reason, you know.

Upvote 0
-44 Magnum and Dual 44 Magnum don't benefit from either of them.

If this is true then at least the single .44 needs the Sharpie benefits. Personally, I'd try out having dualies get the benefits too, I don't think that dual .44's is going to be as overpowered for Sharp as dual HC's. Especially since dual .44's (realistically) take forever and a day to reload.

I agree with all the slot-change suggestions as well, Flamethrower and Medic guns on slot3 feel mighty strange.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Anyone get the impression that the M203 shoots further, and with a flatter trajectory than the other GLs? (Higher velocity?) Given it's a new weapon, that would be perfectly OK.

However, when I used it later, I kinda-sorta thought the trajectory on the M79 had morphed into a similar ballistic profile. (More range than previously realized with the same muzzle elevation.) I'm mired on a graphically-challenged laptop for a bit, so I'm not able to experiment. Just wondered if any dead-eye demos had noticed something. I'm thinking it might not be apparent on anything less than the long engagement ranges you'd have on KF-Farm, KF-Wyre or, where I thought I noticed the change, KF-MountainPass. (Both launch and impact points on flat ground.) Didn't have the opportunity to use the M32. Of course, it could have just been the bourbon.

Upvote 0
The dual handcannon bug is extremely annoying, and happens very often in our games because we often have 2 sharpshooters, both who carry a handcannon and when the other one happens to die you are guaranteed to accidently pick up the other handcannon...

Another rly annoying bug is with the flamer, when ever you throw a nade and press mouse1 at the same time to fire your flamer, it causes a glitch where the flamer empties its entire canister unless you quickly switch weapon. Happens almost every time when Im playing as firebug because I like to trigger the flamenade early by shooting at it with the flamer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0