• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Change the bullpup to MG for commando?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the definition of a LMG is pretty broad, what we would call Assault Rifles, such as the Steyr AUG are actually defined as LMG's. As a gamer when I say LMG, I actually mean ones that can also be deployed as a Medium Machine Gun. These are typically belt fed (although not a requirement), bipod/tripod mounted weapons used for sustained fire.

So which LMG are you talking about? As I look across the typical LMG's suggested, such as the M60, M249, Mk48, etc they all use 5.56x45mm or 7.62x51mm rounds. This means that although the bullet is the same size as the assault rifle rounds, the casing is longer and therefore packed with more powder. This means that the muzzle velocity of the bullet is a good 100m/s faster than an assault rifle.

The SCAR-L can fire both of these rounds, so that means these weapons would have at least the same damage per bullet as the SCAR would. Also the ROF for these LMG's is pretty comparable to the ROF of the assault rifles, if anything they generally have a higher ROF.

Actually, a 7.62x51 machine gun is classified as a medium machine gun, not a light machinegun, when I was in the Army, the classification was LMG is 5.56, MMG is 7.62, and the HMG was tripod mounted and a .50 caliber(.50 BMG, not the desert eagle round).

Also, the SCAR-L can't fire both those rounds. It can only fire 5.56, the SCAR-H can fire 7.62x51.

Upvote 0
Actually, a 7.62x51 machine gun is classified as a medium machine gun, not a light machinegun, when I was in the Army, the classification was LMG is 5.56, MMG is 7.62, and the HMG was tripod mounted and a .50 caliber(.50 BMG, not the desert eagle round).

Also, the SCAR-L can't fire both those rounds. It can only fire 5.56, the SCAR-H can fire 7.62x51.

Oh yeah, looking at the SCAR again you are correct, misread that :)

That aside though,, I'm slightly puzzled, are you sure thats actual definition and not just a general rule of thumb? Reason I ask is isn't the Bren gun considered an LMG? That fired 7.92x57mm Mauser rounds in WW2 and was later modified to fire 7.62x51mm NATO rounds.

It was my understanding an LMG was a machine gun that was designed to be deployed by an individual soldier, and were typically used as SAW's.

HMG's were very large tripod mounted guns that were too big and bulky to move quickly, but could sustain fire for even days on end with excellent accuracy.

MMG's were a lighter, more portable version of HMG's, much easier to deploy in differing locations with the use of bipods or tripods, and having a commedable level of sustained fire.

Course I may be wrong on that, but thats how I understood the weapons to be defined.

Upvote 0

That aside though,, I'm slightly puzzled, are you sure thats actual definition and not just a general rule of thumb? Reason I ask is isn't the Bren gun considered an LMG? That fired 7.92x57mm Mauser rounds in WW2 and was later modified to fire 7.62x51mm NATO rounds.

It was my understanding an LMG was a machine gun that was designed to be deployed by an individual soldier, and were typically used as SAW's.

HMG's were very large tripod mounted guns that were too big and bulky to move quickly, but could sustain fire for even days on end with excellent accuracy.

MMG's were a lighter, more portable version of HMG's, much easier to deploy in differing locations with the use of bipods or tripods, and having a commedable level of sustained fire.

Course I may be wrong on that, but thats how I understood the weapons to be defined.

The guys who recommanded bren LMG, READ THIS.
I am recommanding a Light-machinegun which fires 5.56 rounds.
You are recommanding a Medium-machinegun which fires full-power rifle bullets.

Bren. It has small mag and high damage. It is a MMG. SUCKS. That role has already been played by the SCAR. Leave it alone.

If you are recommanding a weapon with a small magzine ,slow Rof, high damage weapon, it is likely to be a transition between a battle rifle and a semiauto rifle. That's a different idea, but I don't think commando need any high-damage weapon no more.

Again, I'd like to notice that a LMG is LOW damage HIGH magazine capacity weapon. I hate it when someone cries for "It's your idea.". Yes, it is someone's idea. Ideas are brought out by humans, not gods. If you think you don't belong to human beings, go ahead and start pissing on ideas.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

the bren fired .303 brit.
the zb26 fired 8mm mauser.

utopia, why havent you tried the saw m249 that i posted earlier?
it fires 556, and has 200 rnd belt, low damage.

Upvote 0

Yeah, LMG, MMG, and HMG are defined by calibers. MMG's fire full sized rifle rounds. But LMG's are meant to be used by individual soldiers. Some MMG's are, like the M240, the 7.62x51 version of the SAW.

A medium machine gun or MMG, in modern terms, usually refers to a belt-fed automatic firearm firing a full-power rifle cartridge.

from wiki

Last edited:
Upvote 0
here, you can do this yourself:

in game, bring down console;
type:

set bullpup magcapacity 100
set bullpupammo maxammo 600

now the bullpup has a 100rnd mag with 5 more.

The bullpup have got excellent behavior with these 2 commands! (I typed the first one only, but it is enough to show its continue power.)

However, I found perks disabled after doing that.:(Seem like a mutator.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
A joke in reference that perks are not central to skill and cannot make you a "pro" or "master", as your postings frequently reference your "Level 6 Commando" in relation to your "master" performance.

Sir. I think there are some terrible misunderstanding.

I refer to "LV6 commando". Yes. This is because that is the scenario.

In this topic, if not with the commando perk, I cannot buy bullpup for $120. I cannot buy M4 for $300. I won't have a 500/500 ammo pool for this 2 guns. LV6 is a supplemental.

The "LV6 commando" is part of the scenario itself. No bragging ofc.:eek:

Upvote 0
I won't have a 500/500 ammo pool for this 2 guns. .

10370408.jpg

Upvote 0
Out of ALL the things to pick on, you choose to pick on a non-native english speaker's grammar

How about something a little more concrete?

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055264658/

I mean, I am specialized in Commando field only.

Probably because that's all you've played in your 28 hours on record.

Probably you are not experienced enough.:p

Everything you have ever said or suggested all makes sense now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.