• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Change LVL 50 unlocks for AVT-40

breuning

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 25, 2014
I think that for the purpose of the AVT-40, the LVL 50 upgrade doesn't make sense at all.

Firing in full auto mode makes aiming through the scope impossible, and when using the iron sights the scope obscures almost everything, making the LVL 50 AVT a rather horrible assault weapon (the class that uses the AVT is called elite ASSAULT for a reason ;) ).

In my opinion high-powered scopes should only be accessible by snipers, not by elite-assault.

I'd recommend replacing the scope with the 20 round mag developed for the AVT-40/SVT-40.
That way the rifle's full auto mode would make more sense and it would stand a better chance against it's counterpart the MKb.

This change would not also balance gameplay, it would also be historically a little more accurate, as AVT-40s weren't issued with scopes (well, it even was a rarity for them to get issued at all)

I found using the AVT-40 to be quite fun, until I reached level 50, that scope pretty much ruined it :(

I hope you do realize that by pressing 6, you can switch to semi-auto which effectively makes the AVT a sniper rifle.

This.

Also to clarify:

Pushing 6 while scoped switches to iron sights.
Pushing 6 with the AVT at your waist switches to semi-auto.

In my opinion, the AVT should be used in semi-auto about 95% of the time, and the MKB in semi-auto about 70% of the time, roughly. Also, the scope for the MKB should never be used, under any circumstances.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
MKB in semi-auto about 70% of the time, roughly. Also, the scope for the MKB should never be used, under any circumstances.

I prefer to keep the MkB on full auto,*and perform the single shots just by tapping the mouse button. That way I can at all times perform anything from single shots, small bursts and all the way to the last-ditch mag dump in an instant. Completely agree on the scope, I think I've tried it twice.

As for the AVT, its for moments when you need more range, and the automode is for extreme emergencies. A nice gun, but not for assaulting trenches.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Maybe crazy, but why not give an option for the level 50 unlock? You could either load up with a 20-round clip (no scope), or 10-round with scope.

If we had to pick though, I would prefer a 20-round clip, as I love the weapon and think it's hilarious. Who doesn't love expending 10 full rifle rounds in 1 second with insane recoil . Seriously a fun, but quirky weapon.

Upvote 0
Remove the scope upgrade from the Mkb42 while youre at it, and reduce its ridiculous amount of recoil (the BAR feels more controllable for crying out loud!).. the real thing is a pussycat to shoot.

Contrary to popular belief, a big heavy gun like the BAR won't have much recoil. Now accuracy....some of the early WWII BARs had a problem with accuracy because the front sight was on too tight.

Upvote 0
Contrary to popular belief, a big heavy gun like the BAR won't have much recoil. Now accuracy....some of the early WWII BARs had a problem with accuracy because the front sight was on too tight.
Although I believe I read somewhere that the BAR has ever so slightly more free-recoil than an AKM. The MKB 42 barely has any at all.

Upvote 0
2211733_zpsd7b42960.jpg

Upvote 0