• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Carpathian Crosses: Official Opinion Topic

now i finally know there is a god out there!

and he hates my ***, my hard disk crashed in the morning of the 11th.
i can't play anymore!! :mad:

Sepp - we, on the CC team, all respect you as a mapper very much so we are looking forward to your feedback on our maps.

So, please, get your HD sorted the **** out. :)

Upvote 0
Hi worluk,

thanks for the prompt reply.

When you open CC maps through the practice menu things wont work. Its a problem we are not able to prevent atm, and one drawback of how we implemented our work.

You can however correctly load the map practice with opening the console and typing: open RO-Maikop
This will give you shells, and things should run as intended.

No, this does not work for me.

The vent is fully open when deploying btw. You should check the mortar tutorial vid we created, it gives detailed info about how it works. (http://www.carpathiancrosses.com/forum/index.php?topic=801)

There is no training map atm. Beside other things we are short on mappers and time ;) We will see if we can come up with something in the future.

*sigh* I've downloaded and watched the videos. Yes, now I understand how they are to work. It would have saved a lot of time and effort if deploying and dismantling the mortar with the same key as with MG's. *sigh*

Unfortunately, starting "Practice mode" and then opening the map through the console with open map-name does open the map, but still neither gives me any shells nor allows me to get any from an ammo-dump.

What really confuses me is, if the mortar is made to work alone without a mortar, I must be able to get my own ammo, which is also claimed in the training video, but I cannot pick up any mortar round, with or without the mortar in my hand or set-up/deployed.

All this could (and should) be described in the CC_UsersManual.

Upvote 0
It sounds like you arent running the gametype in practice. All plays correctly on servers? Check if the pathes to the CC folder are in your redorchestra.ini.
Check if there is a CCEngine.ucl in your RO/system folder, if not there is definitly one in the CC/System folder, try to copy that over.

Upvote 0
Ok, just played Ardon for a little while as TT, excellent.
A bit confused with all the woods and tree stumps but thats just newmapnewness (a new netztalkword?).
I've seen reports of low fps which in my case said 20-28 fps, that being so the game was running as smooth as silk, as if I had my usual 70+fps.

The action was breath-taking.

Good job, hey I even got me a good score...51...

Upvote 0
Carpathian Crosses: Release News

Carpathian Crosses: Release News

header.jpg

The add-on has been released for a few days now and we have spent quite some time on the servers to see what people thought of our work. We've had some great feedback from the community so far concerning bugs and suggestions, which we will try to include in upcoming patches. Your feedback is still appreciated though, so if you find a bug or have any ideas don't be shy and post them!

We would like to extend a massive thanks to all the people that have downloaded the add-on. The client files have been downloaded over 7000 times and the server files over 400 times, so that deserves a thank you. We would also like to, once again, thank everyone that has been involved with the add-on over the course of the past year and a half.

thanks.jpg

We do want to mention that we are always looking for more beta testers. A totally bug free release is almost impossible, but we would like to make sure that a lot of bugs get squashed in upcoming releases, which is we why we need more testers! Our plan is to release some patches in the upcoming future that not only solve bugs, but also add new functionality. If you're a proficient 3D artist, sound artist, animator, mapper, skinner or any other kind of developer, please don't hesitate to join since we can use all the help we can get to deliver patches and updates as soon as possible!

Are you interested in becoming a developer or a tester? Sign up on our forums!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I love it for the most part, yet I still don't find myself getting used to this new tanking system. I'm as much for realism as anyone, but I think the new tank damage system takes away to much from the game play, as soon as that all tank map comes on I leave the server.

Other than that, great mod, with a few bugs that can be worked out. I just dont see myself playing that tank map anytime soon.

Upvote 0