• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Carpathian Crosses: Januari Update!

DeV

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Netherlands
header.jpg

A new year, so time for some more media. A lot of talk was going on whether or not we would include the Czech made Mauser. The answer? We do. The vz. 24 rifle was designed in Czechoslovakia shortly after WWI. The "vz." designation is an abbreviation for vzor, which translates to model and the number 24 represents the year of the design, 1924. Enough babbling though, let's move on to the screenshots.

Some might still remember our need for faces last year and some of the contributors might wonder what happened with those pictures. First of all a big thanks goes out to the people that sent in their faces. Some of them have actually made it into the game already, which you can see below. However, the offer to get your face in-game still stands! If you want to make sure your face is showed off here next, make a post in our forums.

Let's move on to the battlefield itself. It is well known that Dr.Guppy doesn't know the word "small". He proved it with Leningrad and proved that again with Ardon. The pictures below only show rather tiny portions of the map, yet they give an idea about the gameplay. The map will be combined arms in several ways, Romanian and German tanks and infantry will fight the Soviets together.

Since the Germans needed something to fight with on Ardon, we we're willing to donate them the German variant of the Pz. 38(t).

Of course, making two Axis troops fight against the Russians means that the Russians could use some extra help. This is provided by the T-26 we've showed you in one of our recent updates. What we haven't shown you yet though, is the interior of the T-26. And that's what you'll see when you check out the screenshot below!

That's it for this update, but don't be afraid, there'll be more to come. We can still use a hand though. So if you're good at modeling, animating or sound editing, we would be more then happy to have you on board. And who knows maybe next update your work will be shown here. If you don't have any experience in any of the previously mentioned areas, you could become a tester. To see how you can sign up, check our forums. Until next time!

Upvote 0
I wanna say some constructive criticism (though the map ain't done I guess?):

The trees look too dark. Try to use some special lit trickery Guppy :d

I remember Guppy saying something like
I will never touch the trees again
The map is so massive he is just sick of the trees :p

The map is not done but that is relative anyway :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I wanna say some constructive criticism (though the map ain't done I guess?):

The trees look too dark. Try to use some special lit trickery Guppy :d

The lighting is still quite WIP, but good for noticing. ;) I've got them all in a Group so I can just select that and then use some good ol' AmbientBrightness on them if I need to. You only need to use SpecialLit if the static mesh needs to go darker (in which case that's one of the only ways you can do it, but I'm pretty sure UE3 fixes that).

Maybe next update you guys will get to see the other map I'm working on (yeah, I have no life, sue me). :p

Upvote 0