• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Call of Duty 5

Spent the past week playing the beta.......it is most definitely COD4 with some timewarped weapons.

Is there anything I like about it?.......it's purty on the eyes....might be a decent game with a realism mod.....but no COD mod will ever match RO for its realism bent.

Think of RO as the reliable steel and ivory cut throat razor and COD5 as the plastic disposable mass produced version of a razor....:D......now if you'll excuse me the voices tell me its time to count the fallen leaves in my garden:eek::eek::)

Upvote 0
Possible 4th killstreak perk revealed:

http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/main/showpost.php?p=2308731&postcount=1

-*us_1mc_4thkillstreak_01* *Kiefer sutherlands voice* "Divisions got a B-17 fueled and ready to go"
-*us_1mc_4thkillstreak_00* *Kiefer sutherlands voice* "B-17 Acquired"
-*us_1mc_enemy4th_00* *Kiefer sutherlands voice* "Kamikaze incoming, get to cover!"
-*us_1mc_tankwar_00* *Kiefer sutherlands voice* "Tank War"
-*us_1mc_tank_rspawn_00* *Kiefer sutherlands voice* "We got ourselves a new tank"
-*us_1mc_tank_dest_enemy_00* *Kiefer sutherlands voice* "We have destroyed the enemy tank"
-*us_1mc_tank_dest_00* *Kiefer sutherlands voice* "Our tank has been destroyed!"
-*us_1mc_tank_capt_enemy* *Kiefer sutherlands voice* "We've captured the enemy tank!"
-*RU_1mc_4thkillstreak_01* *Russian Voice* "Our (Something cant understand) are ready to rain death!"
-*RU_1mc_4thkillstreak_00* *Russian Voice* "Kadusha rockets aquired!"
-*RU_1mc_enemy4th_00* *Russian Voice* "Take cover, german bombers above!"
-*JP_1mc_4thkillstreak_00* *Japanese voice* "Kamikaze acquired!"
-*JP_1mc_4thkillstreak_01* *Japanese voice* "Your time to die for the emperor is now!"
-*JP_1mc_enemy4th_00* *Japanese voice* "They have brought they're flying fortress upon us"
-*GE_1mc_4thkillstreak_00* *German voice* "Carpet bomber acquired"
-*GE_1mc_4thkillstreak_01* *German voice* "Bombers above awaiting your command!"
_GE_1mc_enemy4th_00* *German voice* "GET TO COVER! RUSSIAN ROCKETS INBOUND!"

Upvote 0
And then there's this:

http://www.fourzerotwo.com/2008/11/07/noah-heller-stop-doing-interviews/

Seriously man…. You’re killing me!

If I see one more Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare google alert come through my inbox, that ends up being a COD:WaW article that is only showing up because YOU referenced Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare more times than you mention World At War….

Especially when you’re pulling **** out of your ***. Come on man, interview about your game. Not OURS! Call of Duty: World at War can stand on it’s own merits, leave ours out of it. Like this gem of a quote from today’s article on CVG…
“In the previous Call of Dutys it might take three or four shots from a bolt action rifle,” he explained. “We made sure that a single shot centre mass would kill that opponent because that’s the expectation of the player.”
WTF are you talking about?! “in previous Call of Dutys blah blah blah”. First of all, you didn’t work on “previous Call of Dutys”, so don’t talk as if you’re down with how / why things were designed the way they were. Second, you’re completely ****ing wrong.

Bolt Action rifles are one hit kills in every Call of Duty we (Infinity Ward) made!!

I won’t compare it to World at War’s Bolt Actions, I can’t speak to that because I don’t work there. Just like you don’t work here, so please stop talking about our games.

A rule of thumb I like to use is…. when promoting your game. Promote YOUR game. Don’t compare it to another game, or reference what OTHER games did in the past, pitch YOUR game. I mean, you have lots of cool things you could talk about… like Nazi Zombies….

Can you guys please stop interviewing this guy, talk to someone who actually works on the Dev Team at Treyarch and knows what the **** they’re talking about. Not Senior Super Douche Noah Heller from Activision - who apparently has never played the game and doesn’t even work at the developer.

Alright, I’m done ranting… but I can’t take another google alert of garbage coming through my inbox with bull**** quotes from this guy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Excellent nerdrage.

After reading this

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thu...nt-run-a-game-into-the-ground-we-dont-want-it

[Titles that]
"don't have the potential to be exploited every year on every platform with clear sequel potential and have the potential to become $100 million franchises. … I think, generally, our strategy has been to focus… on the products that have those attributes and characteristics, the products that we know [that] if we release them today, we'll be working on them 10 years from now."
Apparently the (11,000,000+ WoW subscribers, paying $14.99 a month) $164,890,000 a month (after tax, and minus running costs - which I'm sure are a fraction of a percent) just isn't enough money to take risks on small developers or new ideas.

I won't be purchasing any Blizzard/Activision published titles anytime soon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not sure what you guys were expecting...it's CoD, not RO so don't knock it for not being a realism simulator. CoD is a mass-market targeted game to action FPS fans, RO is not, and they'd sink the franchise if they did make it like RO.

Played the beta and, yeah, it's just like a mod for CoD4, but a good mod. Will I buy it? Probably after I beat Dead Space, Fallout 3, Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, and the myriad of other first-tier titles coming out soon.

Upvote 0
Excellent nerdrage.

After reading this

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thu...nt-run-a-game-into-the-ground-we-dont-want-it

[Titles that]Apparently the (11,000,000+ WoW subscribers, paying $14.99 a month) $164,890,000 a month (after tax, and minus running costs - which I'm sure are a fraction of a percent) just isn't enough money to take risks on small developers or new ideas.

I won't be purchasing any Blizzard/Activision published titles anytime soon.
I told you people that Activision is the new 'old EA' so to say, you just laughed and didn't take it serious.
Personally I'm not going to buy anymore Activision-Blizzard games either, cept for CoD games maybe.

Upvote 0
Diablo 3 and StarCraft 2 both look pretty good so far. Nothing extremely new, but definetly very good. If they don't screw them up (which is unlikely since it's Blizzard) I will buy them both.
Damn I forgot those games, but tbh. I'm not even too sure if I'll buy those because they're pretty much a perfect example for their strategy: Very very polished but nothing new or innovative. What also really pisses me off is how they always make their games more expensive, CoD:WaW for example costs 5-10

Upvote 0
It boggles my mind that there are people who say CoD5 is like a CoD4 mod, still seriously consider putting down 50 euro's/dollars for it.
I mean come on, seriously? If all they have done is make some new skins etc and change some other parts, they don't deserve full price for the game.
Then ArmA for example doesn't deserve full price either.

Also, some Moderator please change the thread title to Call of Duty: World at War because COD5 != COD:WAW.

Upvote 0