• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Call of Duty 5

Meh, I've decided that Hell's Highway will be the last (non-realistic) WWII game I'll play, and after that, developers will have to innovate more to gain my interest. :)

They'll need to add a lot of cool features if they want to top CoD4 though. Won't be easy.

Wonder when people will stop falling for this ****. CoD5, CoD6, CoD7, CoD8, CoD9, CoD10, CoD11, CoD12... this is going to be another Sims. We'll be stuck with this franchise for another decade if people won't stop buying anything that has "CoD" on the package.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I bet this has to do with the second Band of Brothers HBO televison series that is supposed to be shown in 2009 (some reason, it has taken forever to do it).

The second BOB will be about the Pacific war, and you can bet a lot people will want to play a decent Pacfic FPS:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pacific_%28miniseries%29

That is just speculation on my part.

It's too bad the Pacific War Mod for RO fell by the wayside.

Looking forward to the game, though I've never really have been a COD enthusiast.

"We're the Battling Bastards of Bataan,
No mama, no papa, no Uncle Sam,
No aunts, no uncles, no cousins, no nieces,
No pills, no planes, no artillery pieces,
And nobody gives a damn!"

by Frank Hewlett, 1942.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why should it if so many people love the game? I don't dig GTA either but if people love the series... why should they stop continueing it?

Shamelessly ripped from one of the comments on Kotaku:

"That's great you like the whole WWII theater experience, and quite frankly so did I at one point, but it's been done. And done. And done. Oh! And done.

The sad truth is, you're not alone. Regardless of the comments here on Kotaku, CoD5 (shudders) will fly off the shelves just like every other WWII game before it. Just like every Madden football game before that.
People are creatures of habit and gamers are some of the worst. We have the power to alter the entire industry, but we won't. Because we like spending money and... well... CoD in any form is popular with a lot of people, such as yourself."

I liked CoD4 because it was something fresh, but it's about the CoD franchise dies imo. Let's play something original for a change. Originality, do you still remember? It's fun! :p

Upvote 0
Shamelessly ripped from one of the comments on Kotaku:

"That's great you like the whole WWII theater experience, and quite frankly so did I at one point, but it's been done. And done. And done. Oh! And done.

The sad truth is, you're not alone. Regardless of the comments here on Kotaku, CoD5 (shudders) will fly off the shelves just like every other WWII game before it. Just like every Madden football game before that.
People are creatures of habit and gamers are some of the worst. We have the power to alter the entire industry, but we won't. Because we like spending money and... well... CoD in any form is popular with a lot of people, such as yourself."

I liked CoD4 because it was something fresh, but it's about the CoD franchise dies imo. Let's play something original for a change. Originality, do you still remember? It's fun! :p
I can think of one single Pacific theatre FPS and it wasn't even good. So much for being overdone.

Hmm, what if Tripwire's next game would be RO2? Somehow I got the feeling you wouldn't complain.

Upvote 0