• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Blood

Well, TBH, it certainly was not a very "fair" trial.

First of all, Dostler simply followed the Kommandobefehl of Hitler which calls for the immediate execution of any captured allied commandos, be it uniformed or not.

Second, there is a lot of doubt about the commandos wearing US army uniforms. Who would land 15 uniformed commandos 250miles behind enemy lines for a sabotage mission? That's typical SAS stuff which usually is carried out in disguise.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Taking a look again at the official trailer, and at the other convention coverage videos, you can view some of the particle blood effects and bullet hole/wall-splatter decals already present in the alpha build.

Trailer_Hit1.jpg

Trailer_Hit2.jpg

Upvote 0
Firstly, the SAS is British, and completely separate from the Commandos, which are also British.

Secondly, regardless of whether they were wearing uniforms, they would still have weapons and explosives for their mission on them, and when interrogated, would be speaking with American accents.

Epic Fail.

Reactions: skittlesareyum47
Upvote 0
Personally I want to see, the dust/blood cloud when you shoot people, and blood splatter at least sometimes. Hopefully people will bleed out too, a bit like in GTA but doesn't have to be as exaggerated, it can be a bit slower or faster depending where the wound is. For example, a head or neck would would bleed very fast, and there would be a pool of blood very soon after the shot. This is an example of a quick forming pool of blood that I am talking about... Also if you watch further, after the american is shot in the neck, you can see a pool of lbood forming, while the two guys are fighting.
2:15 -2:31
YouTube - spr ramelle
That would be pretty immersive and realistic. Also, at least head wounds do bleed VERY fast, I (probably about 4 times this happened over the years) would bump my head or do something, that would give it a scratch, and I was bleeding a LOT: my shirt was covered and so was my face, and it was only a minor cut/scratch.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Blood/Gore looked fine to me on the videos.
I can just hope it will be uncensored here in Germany...
Our people somehow love to destroy games with taking out gore and make war look like a friendly tea party :(

They basically make it look like what the Generals thought it looked like from the gold and scarlet offices in Berlin, which is ironic.

Upvote 0
"The captured U.S. soldiers were interrogated and one of the U.S. officers revealed the story of the mission."

At least keep up with the topic.

Nobody is on topic here since the topic degenerated into a discussion about war crimes . You wrote that SAS would speak with an American accent when interrogated. You were wrong about this so I just corrected you. SF soldiers, modern ones at least, are taught to not give up any information except rank, serial number etc.

This is a bad thread.

Reactions: Redit
Upvote 0
Firstly, the SAS is British, and completely separate from the Commandos, which are also British.

Secondly, regardless of whether they were wearing uniforms, they would still have weapons and explosives for their mission on them, and when interrogated, would be speaking with American accents.
If you would have read my post you'd know why I wrote FAIL.
See below:
Well, TBH, it certainly was not a very "fair" trial.

First of all, Dostler simply followed the Kommandobefehl of Hitler which calls for the immediate execution of any captured allied commandos, be it uniformed or not.

Second, there is a lot of doubt about the commandos wearing US army uniforms. Who would land 15 uniformed commandos 250miles behind enemy lines for a sabotage mission? That's typical SAS stuff which usually is carried out in disguise.

Nowhere do I mention the SAS being American and the term Commandos generally referred to any type of soldiers involved in a typical "behind enemy lines" mission back in WW2.

Your second point simply makes no sense at all. The point is.. if they wore a disguise (civilian clothes, enemy uniforms, etc.) and operated behind enemy lines then they are considered spies and get executed (after a field-trial which usually takes a couple of minutes). If they wore uniforms then they should have been taken POW.

Now here comes my point... these kind of missions are usually carried out in disguise... you wouldn't send 15 uniformed soldiers 250miles behind enemy lines for a couple of days.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redit
Upvote 0
Nobody is on topic here since the topic degenerated into a discussion about war crimes . You wrote that SAS would speak with an American accent when interrogated. You were wrong about this so I just corrected you. SF soldiers, modern ones at least, are taught to not give up any information except rank, serial number etc.

This is a bad thread.

You make no sense.

The SAS have nothing to do with it, Lemon mentioned them in some link to the US Rangers. Anyway, according to the wiki one of the soldiers did tell the germans what the mission was, and I doubt he wrote it down on paper or blooped in out in morse code with his mouth. Also, how can you make a point about SF being trained not to give out info by saying that modern ones aren't, makes no sense.

Also, if we are saying Commandos, with a capital, e.g. a name, then it is the British SF, but I see what you are saying.

And again, it doesn't say whether they wore a disguise or not either way, so we are both wrong until proven right.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nimsky
Upvote 0
3. I order, therefore:- From now on all men operating against German troops in so-called Commando raids in Europe or in Africa, are to be annihilated to the last man. This is to be carried out whether they be soldiers in uniform, or saboteurs, with or without arms; and whether fighting or seeking to escape; and it is equally immaterial whether they come into action from Ships and Aircraft, or whether they land by parachute.

Textbook example of the Nuremburg defense. He was following orders, after all.

Upvote 0