• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Big freeze when joining a server

I have a somewhat similar bug.

The first time I join try to join a server I have to download CGT assets, then at 100% that download fails. Then anytime I try to join a server I load all the way in see the map then the welcome screen and immediately get disconnected.

I did try deleting my cache, but the same thing happened over again.

I deleted everything and downloaded/reinstalled the game and everything is working now.

Upvote 0
I just want to mention this again, for me, this is very very similar to the pause after entering a server when using the Immersion Overhaul Mutator before the update. Video freeze only, still had sound. Before the update it only happened with IOM. Mildly annoying for maybe five seconds, but it has no affect on gameplay since its before my first spawn.

Q6600 OC to 3.2GHz
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA 680i SLI ATX MB
NVIDIA 560ti graphics card
Win 7 64 Pro

hard drives defragged weekly

After a hard drive failure (or more appropriately, a BAD SATA cable, drive ended up being fine...) and another new hard drive.

I still have this issue, although it is minor and exactly as I described above.

Upvote 0
I always had this issue pretty much, you load in, see the entire map frozen for 3 seconds on it's lowest graphic/texture details, and than after selecting class, it stutters a tiny bit because you see all the high res textures loading in... Deleting the RO folder in documents never helped.

Last edited:
Upvote 0