• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Big freeze when joining a server

These are not a slight freezes.
I just got another that took about a minute and a game crash.

Nothing wrong at least in my computer. And there is plenty of free space in hardrive.
No matter what settings I play, the FPS stands in 62 all the time. (i dont know how to raise it)

Before the patch, I was almost first in the servers and could choose every class I wanted.
But after the patch, theres nothing else to choose than rifleman.

This is 100% bug that needs to be fixed from the makers of the game. Do not blame users for it.
It just has to be fixed again. And I really hope its coming fast.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have a somewhat similar bug.

The first time I join try to join a server I have to download CGT assets, then at 100% that download fails. Then anytime I try to join a server I load all the way in see the map then the welcome screen and immediately get disconnected.

I did try deleting my cache, but the same thing happened over again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is 100% bug that needs to be fixed from the makers of the game. Do not blame users for it.
It just has to be fixed again. And I really hope its coming fast.

Considering only a small amount of people have this issue nothing can be done until the source is found.

Something you can try os unsubscribe to all steam workshop content and then delete or as a test rename the redorchestra 2 folder under mydocuments\mygames

Upvote 0
If steam workshop content means the groups and friends in steam, Im not in any group and I have small amount of friends.
I dont even have a steam profile.

What I have already done:
-Deleting ROgame.ini
-Deleting red orchestra folder you mentioned
-Updating graphic card drivers

No help. All is the same.

And like it has been said already, the game startup also takes much longer than earlier.
Startup took around 8 seconds before the patch. Now it takes between 30-60 seconds.

Upvote 0
The more common the issue, the easier it should be to figure out what causes it. But we will still need to know common denominators, on which systems it happens. Again I'm not stating its a personal issue with anyone's machine, as this issue did not happen before this update, but similarly if it happens on certain machines or certain configuration a hint could be given where to look.

For that same reason I asked for people's system specs, as currently a lot of maps are bigger in size than before. Which could mean increased memory usage for the game compared to initially causing issues there.

The current release is pretty much for 99% the same as the beta as well, where no issues were reported. That doesn't mean again that it didn't exist in the beta, however it makes it likely that something else triggered it. For instance perhaps something is happening with servers, as 15k people pinging a server to find out how many slots are there could perhaps cause performance issues.

Similarly a lot of old stuff that used cookedpc might be incompatible now and could possibly cause issues (even if only filesize related). I think everybody posting on the bug or support section have a true issue, however to solve issues we need as much information as possible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It happens in every map.

Today I noticed that when I join some server where I havent played before, it loads the map faster and the freeze is only about 3-5 seconds.
But when I join the same server again, the map load and freeze after that is bad again.

And when server is changing the map, It gets the first freeze that takes maybe around 6 seconds in the ''server is changing map" session. Then it finally jumps to load the map switch takes a long time.
Next freeze is immediately when map is changed. Sometimes it stays where you can see part of the map itself (somewhere under the ground).
And sometimes it freezes in the welcome screen before any server text is seen.
And again little freezes when you finally can move the mouse.
After this it works ok.

I cant explain it more. This is how it goes for me.

Upvote 0
It happens in every map.

Today I noticed that when I join some server where I havent played before, it loads the map faster and the freeze is only about 3-5 seconds.
But when I join the same server again, the map load and freeze after that is bad again.

And when server is changing the map, It gets the first freeze that takes maybe around 6 seconds in the ''server is changing map" session. Then it finally jumps to load the map switch takes a long time.
Next freeze is immediately when map is changed. Sometimes it stays where you can see part of the map itself (somewhere under the ground).
And sometimes it freezes in the welcome screen before any server text is seen.
And again little freezes when you finally can move the mouse.
After this it works ok.

I cant explain it more. This is how it goes for me.

This describes it perfectly. I only have 4 GB of RAM. Might that be the case? Also, does anyone have any RAM sticks to spare? ;)

My specs are very dated now.

Radeon 5570
Phenom x4 925 (2.8GHz clock speed)
4 GB RAM

So if anyone has any hardware to spare, it would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just want to mention this again, for me, this is very very similar to the pause after entering a server when using the Immersion Overhaul Mutator before the update. Video freeze only, still had sound. Before the update it only happened with IOM. Mildly annoying for maybe five seconds, but it has no affect on gameplay since its before my first spawn.

Q6600 OC to 3.2GHz
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA 680i SLI ATX MB
NVIDIA 560ti graphics card
Win 7 64 Pro

hard drives defragged weekly

Upvote 0
I think I also have 4GB ram stick in.

I have a 2X 3-channel motherboard.
Can I add there only one ram stick so that there is 2-channels filled?
Or do I need to fill all 3-channels? In this case I need to buy one more stick.

Although tripple channel increases performance (but only if every channel got the same amount of memory, tripple channel is sort of similar to a raid setup :p).

Upvote 0