• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

BF3 vs RO2

while playing in server with 40-60ms, hit actually registers well like it should be with 40-60ms ping.

some servers had stuttering, lag issueswith full 64 ppl at around release, but recently situation seems to be improved better after some minor patches.

and ea/ dice aknowledged the problem openly and said they are working on it, and they do seem to be really working on it,.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How do you know? As far as I can see, there's no way to find out your ping in game as it's certainly non in the scoreboard and doesn't look like it's in the console options like the FPS counter is.

The only time you know ping is your ping outside of the game to the server when you're browsing.

It is in the player list when you press TAB.

Upvote 0
How do you know? As far as I can see, there's no way to find out your ping in game as it's certainly non in the scoreboard and doesn't look like it's in the console options like the FPS counter is.

The only time you know ping is your ping outside of the game to the server when you're browsing.

What is it with people not seeing the ping in the scoreboard? :eek: You're like the 10th person posting this.

Upvote 0
RO2 is PC game.
BF3 or more like BC3 is console game.

No offense but console games are too simple, too easy, with regeneration, engine limitations and stuff like that. I am primary PC gamer. I also try multiplatform games but they arent as memorable for me.

ARMA, STALKER and all those millenium PC games are way more enjoyable for me than consoles.
I like RO2. It's different. It plays differently. Also you could do that rambo thing in ARMA 2 but it isnt fun and requires a lot skill.

Last edited:
Reactions: ebeneezerg00de
Upvote 0
bf3 works. ro2 is bug central and has **** positional sound something the simpleton old men who play this game don't have the sensory ability to understand what the hell I'm talking about. There are many complaints I have with ro2 but the positional sound is a game breaker for me.

bf3 is fun but playing pub it's a 1 in 20 chance that you'll be in a squad that cooperates or even responds to your squad chat messages. It's not the kind of game I'd want to play clan matches in because it has so many lame features such as defib, instant vehicle dismount, and repair tools that work too quickly. Even more unfortunate for the game is that you cannot mod it, which sucks. You can't even mod basic variables server-side because they only give the server files to the big dogs up top to prevent people from stats hacking. STATS?! No voice chat?! where has gaming gone!! I see no future of personal entertainment in pc gaming as it has gone mainstream and must appeal to the masses for $$ sake. Wish I had never built this computer. I'm done.

If anyone wants to buy my origin account with lvl 29 bf3 character I'll sell it for 40 bucks through paypal. This month I just put a new pc together for bf3 and ro2 but I'm turned off by both of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: aD.Luoson
Upvote 0
while playing in server with 40-60ms, hit actually registers well like it should be with 40-60ms ping.

some servers had stuttering, lag issueswith full 64 ppl at around release, but recently situation seems to be improved better after some minor patches.

and ea/ dice aknowledged the problem openly and said they are working on it, and they do seem to be really working on it,.

they'll support for the next 3months just like every other dice release. after that you're pretty much SOL. BF series, great in concept. never has been supported, never have produced a finished game.

Upvote 0

Honestly, just a wild guess. The servers I play on show mostly 30 or less ping in Battlelog though I'm not so sure about that. But concerning hit detection and gameplay in general, I believe it's more than safe to say that it runs at 40-50 ping. I never see people jumping from place to place, errors in hit detection and similar stuff connection related, which can be seen in RO2, or any game, even BF3 if I connect to a US server from Europe...you know what I mean.

Reactions: EvilKiwi436
Upvote 0
RO2 is PC game.

No offense but console games are too simple, too easy, with regeneration, engine limitations and stuff like that. I am primary PC gamer. I also try multiplatform games but they arent as memorable for me.

ARMA, STALKER and all those millenium PC games are way more enjoyable for me than consoles.
I like RO2. It's different. It plays differently. Also you could do that rambo thing in ARMA 2 but it isnt fun and requires a lot skill.

BC2 was a console port, BF3 is not. You're talking trash. I bet you a 100 bucks a person who can actually play FPS with a controller would destroy you in RO2 if it had real controller support.

Upvote 0
Now I've read Ramm's post for State of the game (The latest one). I'm the kind of game player who pretty much buys any and all good or thought to be good FPS. Now I've done this same purchasing model for about 20 years now.

I've seen games come and go and let me just say RO1 was not pretty and the numbers dwindled as they have in RO2, nothing new here. Believe it or not even 5 or so years after RO1 the numbers were incredible and increased over time rather than so called dying out. I was here even in the mod days before it became RO1 so I seen all the fluctuations. Even with all the so called great games - I always seen myself returning to RO.

So now with RO2 and BF3 thus the title. Let me just say BF3 is graphically one incredible game maybe even the best I've ever seen, but gameplay, well I'm sorry, not so much.

Now when it comes to fire and forget weapons, well nothing more is needed to be said. I can honestly say there is no such thing as getting good or skilled in these types of games. Run and Gun will always be Run and Gun.

I just want to give a quick overview of my gaming experience in BF3.
1.) Spawn
2.) Run down street using cover only to be fragged from who knows where.
3.) Spawn
4.) Run down the street always in cover and playing RO style not just blatantly charging only to be killed by a tank that I never even saw.
5.) Spawn
6.) Run down the street again ditching into an alley and moving slowly to see this tank or any enemy for that matter - only to be sniped from well who knows where again.
7.) Spawn
8.) Run down street trying new tactics, well needless to say from across the map an RPG blew myself and 4 other guys to bits.
9.) Spawn
10.) Run down the street - throw a frag just for the hell of it while just shooting aimlessly down the street only to find that Eureka I got 3 kills.

There you go folks that is less than 10 minutes of play on BF3. I also got all kinds of awards during that time but for "What???"

So now RO2, graphically it's incredible and definitely a step up from RO1. Do I think things need adjusted or tweaked? Sure I do, I'm a die hard WWII FPS game player. I still think hit detection at least for rifleman (Bolt Action) needs a bit of tweaking because machines guns sub or otherwise seem to be more accurate even from a distance. One aspect of RO1 I always loved was you could use the so called "Worse weapon in game" the (bolt action) - everyone hated getting stuck with it and always cried about it, because they spawned late, but yet I was always first in by the most part, and it was always my choice regardless of what was available.

Pwning even the best so called run and gunners with a single shot was always the most satisfying. I just wish RO2 had this same feel, currently I don't think it does. Do I do well with a bolt? - Sure, but as well as I do in RO1, not yet, still working on it.

When playing on good servers with good or known players you'll see teamwork, great communication and the things many complain about especially for PUB servers. Find the right players and the right server to call your own and you won't look back and this complaint can easily be squashed. BF3 will never have any of this paragraph mentioned period.

Do I see RO2 getting better - no doubt - do I see things getting fixed weekly - constantly - will RO2 ever be as good as RO1 - I'm hoping. Believe it or not I'm still playing RO1 more than both games above and probably still will for some time to come. So yes I still find myself back and playing RO1 more than any other game still and yes I have all the latest and greatest FPS games and many just sit there collecting dust. So newer and so called better really is not true, so don't believe the hype. It all comes down to gameplay, these fire and forget and Modern warfare games will never have it.

If TWI keep up the good work and within 6 months to a year or so I'm hoping RO2 becomes what RO1 always should have been and the numbers will only increase once people see how BF3 and MW really play out.

The skilled and good players will always be here playing RO2 after all the dust settles and as always I can almost guarantee it. I'll be here for the long haul. RO2 will get the much needed work it needs, with new maps, mods, and the like I can see myself in 5 years saying the only game I keep returning to is RO2 and RO1 will finally be buried in my past. I've needed a change from RO1 and it seems only RO2 will be the only or best route for this replacement. All the folks who've jumped ship to BF3 or soon to MW whatever version, enjoy. I'll be happy calling RO2 my home and in time I'm sure we'll see all those disgruntles coming back.

Long Live RO2 - see you all on the battlefield. ;)

CLOWN

My typical experience in RO2:
Start Game
Crash
Start Game
Go to server browser
Join server with 300 PING
Spawn
Shoot at guy with K98k from far away
Miss due to poor hit detection
Get sniped by MP40
Spawn
Notice bricks are gone
Ragequit

See? I can do it too. I'm actually loving BF3, it's a great game.

Upvote 0
RO2 is PC game.

Though I agree some pc exclusive games tend to get more contents and depth compared to their console counterparts, RO2 shouldn't be included as a good example of pc exclusive games.

RO2 as a realistic tactical shooter is kind of a joke, really.

Last edited:
Reactions: R20+ and Mysion
Upvote 0
Protip: if RO2 dies, so does the whole franchise. There will never be a RO game again. Ever. And Ro1 or DH won't get more players. So be careful what you hope for. ***.
The yet to be released DH patch would certainly bring some increase in player numbers to DH despite RO II. And then there is DH2...

boogada said:
Using their previous games as an example...where as RO2 will likely be much improved.
Right, because in RO I the still broken achievements, joke of a tanking system, broken in-game demo function, overpowered PTRD AT-rifle, bullets originating from your eyes and/or helmet instead of the end of your weapon, still broken server browser (displays phantom players on completely empty servers), and its gameplay, these things were all "improved" in RO II.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
BC2 was a console port, BF3 is not. You're talking trash. I bet you a 100 bucks a person who can actually play FPS with a controller would destroy you in RO2 if it had real controller support.

You might want to check your facts before you insult others of talking trash. The fact is that Battlefield 3 is a semi-console port. It started it's development on the PC, they switched to consoles later on to meet the deadline. Which is why Battlefield 3 has such a horrible UI.

I wouldn't be too sure about that wager if I were you, my friends usually buy the same game on the consoles as the ones I buy on the PC. One thing in all of those games is noticable. And that's that the gameplay on the PC is always faster.

Sure a gamepad might give you the opportunity to compete if you're good. But at the cost of needing to be much better than your opponent in order to win. At equal skill levels, the mouse/keyboard combination will always prevail.

I've played Quake against gamepad users before, and even though they managed to keep me occupied, they generally score lower, strafejump slower and are unable to rocketjump continuously with the same precision. In the end they were never really hard to win from.

Reactions: R20+
Upvote 0