• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta for Logitech G15 Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Keyboard With LCD is like the VMU (Visual Memory Unit) of the Dreamcast. Nice but USELESS.

In a game there is no time to look down for keys or a display.

Thank you for letting me know that what I am currently enjoying is useless...
I used to have a lot of fun with my G15 but you have opened my eyes - yes my dear friend - thanks to your input I am now purified, and ready to follow your path my guru.
You seem to be a very open-minded fella.
biggthumpup.gif

Have you tried it for yourself?

Cheers

Upvote 0
I asked because your negative input about the G15 support isn't really isn't necessary, and when you do that, it makes it look like you're trolling.

Don't worry trolling is just a waste of time. Rereading my initial post I agree the last bit was a bit negative. It's just slightly frustrating, I'm hoping for support for analog keys for quite a long time and now a dedicated game keyboard is supported by a great FPS game like RO and instead of having this feature I would really like to have in game it has some (to me) useless text stuff which I don't care for (Like I said if other people are happy with it that's great).

The loudness of your footsteps doesn't really affect the game that much unless you're inside of a building, where I am crouched the majority of the time anyway, to reduce my steps and for more cover from any potential sudden attacks. It's a lot simpler to have one button that makes you crouch (more cover) and move slower (reduce sound) than to have that button and another that just does one of those functions. The exact speed I'm running at doesn't really come into play (nor does it really matter).

Well must be pretty personal since in real life I can termine exactly how fast I move within the realistic bounderies of the given body and weapon position. Analog keys allow you to do exactly that with less speed related keys to think about. The basic crouch speed will still be slower it's just easier to manipulate by the amount of pressure applied to the movement keys. To me it's feels much more natural. Perhaps we play FPS games so much we don't really notice anymore how unnatural movement control really is?)

When you crouch, there are 2 heights that you get to (one for sitting still, one for when you move/have your ironsights up), so it's really like 4 settings. But anyway, no, it doesn't really bother me because most surfaces in the game are just high/low enough for me to take cover under. I've never had my head clipped (or something like that) and thought "Ah, man! If only I could crouch down a little bit lower!"

Well must be personal as well then cause I've had that pretty often.

Upvote 0
Thank you for letting me know that what I am currently enjoying is useless...
I used to have a lot of fun with my G15 but you have opened my eyes - yes my dear friend - thanks to your input I am now purified, and ready to follow your path my guru.
You seem to be a very open-minded fella.
biggthumpup.gif

Have you tried it for yourself?

Cheers

Useless or not you can have a lot of fun with the G15.
I have a lot of fun with useless things, like this game and my Dreamcast with useless VMUs.

I don't have the G15, YET!.

Upvote 0
Is the G15 Keyboard mod off for good?

Is the G15 Keyboard mod off for good?

I purchased the G15 due to the news only to find that I cannot DL the beta as apparently it was causing problems in accessing some of the servers. Is it off for good? Is anyone able to use it online?

Annunaki- good to see you- you are the Annunaki from Radio Tower?

[Where I used the name Dromore]

Upvote 0
Ok- it works with the G15 but-

Ok- it works with the G15 but-

Pardon my ignorance- I have the G-15, I have the update to RO- BUT- I have ni idea how to get the G-15 to work with RO. I have gone to the Logitech website and find that the G15 works in "Native" fashion with RO. Cool. But how? Does anyone have an idea about the how to in the situation?

Thanks. I love Danzig-

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.