• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Berserker Woes Part 1: Bugged Enemy Animations

And yet, if you watch that, they ALL STOP TO ATTACK, EVERY SINGLE TIME

Someone didnt watch the videos that were there at the time of your edit, Again, i show animations and things to watch for that give huge windows of opportunity

FP's and the patty aren't designed to be meleed on suicidal

On gorefasts, for instance, directly from the video:

"Gorefasts have 2 weaknesses, when they rush, they have a U-shaped wave animation that stops them from attacking until it ends, they also stop to attack once they start rushing"

Go watch part one again, you might learn something

I WATCH BOTH OF THEM, they dont work on suicidal!

Upvote 0
I WATCH BOTH OF THEM, they dont work on suicidal!

Actually, the gorefast armwave anim lock happens on suicidal, avoiding and killing sirens works the same way, alt-firing scrakes in the face stuns them, and bloats can be Xbow'd or lever-actioned in the face just like fleshpounds

Crawlers can also be chainsawed EXACTLY The same way by walking backwards and aiming high instead of crouching still and aiming up

Obviously the fleshpound melee wont work, so i just bomb or lever-action them, and i either switch perks for the Pat or just pipebomb him into oblivion and back

Husks are painfully easy to avoid because the default ones (unlike my current edited ones) dont use railgun logic, so they cant harm you on direct hits, only indirect ones that explode on something, and they stop shooting at point blank on any difficulty and are just as easy to melee to death because a well-placed alt-fire will instantly decap them when melee

And clots are well, clots, you can stab them, shoot them, whatever on any difficulty anyways

Yes, completely not the same strategies at a slightly different or more accurate pace, and i even alluded to the changed-up FP strategy above with my "On suicidal, i carry a weapon other than my melees such as an Xbow or lever action, especially while solo"

Apparently i'm still right with my "People read what they want to read and ignore the rest"

Upvote 0
What about we stop discussing about this ridiculous matter, especially now that Zerethon failed with his video by not playing on suicidal.

Im not saying that it would be somehow hard to play with Berserker or impossible to avoid gorefast/crawler attacks, but things dont work out the same on suicidal and beginner difficulties.

Upvote 0
What about we stop discussing about this ridiculous matter, especially now that Zerethon failed with his video by not playing on suicidal.

Im not saying that it would be somehow hard to play with Berserker or impossible to avoid gorefast/crawler attacks, but things dont work out the same on suicidal and beginner difficulties.

they have slight animation variants and the bugged anim claim is at any difficulty when it's just a gorefast etc. reflex hit animation because animations and attacks fired before death STILL HAVE AN EFFECT BUT WONT PLAY AN ANIMATION, this happens with every mob but the husk because his attacks can be canceled by killing him during a charge

This entire TOPIC is rediculous, just like the one complaining about anti-camping/kiting measures, and almost as rediculous as me playing artillery demo and being effective AND hilarious

My point with the video is thus:

Every. single. Enemy. In. Killing. Floor. Has some Idle or moving animation or even ATTACK animation that is locked, slower, or bugged, compared to it's others, if you know what to look for and you're quick, you can capitalize on these at ANY difficulty because the anims and such break the SAME WAY because difficulty doesnt magically change animations - It just makes them faster or slower

Everyone that isnt complaining here knows this, hell, watch the vid of the guy solo zerking suicidal biolabs for a good 80% of the run, he's even watching for the EXACT SAME THINGS i point out in my video

Gee, wonder why

Upvote 0
this happens with every mob but the husk because his attacks can be canceled by killing him during a charge

I feel this is somewhat untrue. I've killed a husk charging his cannon at another person, and after he falls down, the cannon fires the shot off to the side while he's dead sometimes, suggesting there's a cut-off point in the animation before it fires regardless of the husk being dead or not.

Upvote 0
I feel this is somewhat untrue. I've killed a husk charging his cannon at another person, and after he falls down, the cannon fires the shot off to the side while he's dead sometimes, suggesting there's a cut-off point in the animation before it fires regardless of the husk being dead or not.

This happens due to the Mplay code, if you blow him up solo with a kill while charging the fireball will NOT fire 99% of the time

In mplay, because the anim started pre-it's-death it will fire 99% of the time before it actually "dies"

Same thing happens with the gorefast, the ground-aimed U-swing anim it does during a "rush", there is seriously a coded pause there when it happens to prevent it's animations from breaking, which gives you a short window to decap it with utter impunity, clots have the same deal on the "Miss" animation for their grabs, Husks have this with their melee, Fleshpounds have it on their 2-hit combo, scrakes have it on their "Slash", Etc.

Every single mob has some animation combo that cant lead into an attack, only another idle animation, knowing them and knowing the duration of them is a really good way to just dance through them like a bloody, demented, Katana-wielding ballerina

Yes, it's a "glitch" in the cut-off and cancel points of various animations, the only mob this DOESN'T hold true for is the patriarch in Melee mode, because he doesn't have the same "Idle" animations as every other mob, just "Moans" and his cloaking setup, you can break his post-fire animation on the minigun, but that's literally it

I should take a break from KF for a while, All the coding is getting to me :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
the husk fireball finishing him off was just priceless. it's an exact montage of what beserkers have to deal with now.

And clots are well, clots, you can stab them, shoot them, whatever on any difficulty anyways

i once saw a clot that wouldn't die even thought i shot 5 whole scar clips and hit it with my katana about a billions. then when it actually grabbed me i died instantly.

BEWARE THE MEGA CLOT

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In mplay, because the anim started pre-it's-death it will fire 99% of the time before it actually "dies"

The part that bothers me is the shot still comes from the correct place - his cannon, and still flies the correct direction - where his cannon is aiming when it fires, and flies in the correct direction and impacts in the correct area, which really screams "feature" rather than "prediction error" to me.

Upvote 0
the husk fireball finishing him off was just priceless. it's an exact montage of what beserkers have to deal with now.

Yup. And it's with almost any enemies. As someone said, though, it's hard to tell if the Husk firing is really a bug, though, because, afterall, it DID go through almost all of it's 'Charging' animation.

With Gorefasts/Clots, it doesn't even go through a part of their animation to hit you...

Upvote 0
The part that bothers me is the shot still comes from the correct place - his cannon, and still flies the correct direction - where his cannon is aiming when it fires, and flies in the correct direction and impacts in the correct area, which really screams "feature" rather than "prediction error" to me.

Yeah, but i only see that in multiplayer and maybe one-in-50 solo, then again, they typically are trying to punch me before my hit takes their glowing shiny head off

Who knows

Yup. And it's with almost any enemies. As someone said, though, it's hard to tell if the Husk firing is really a bug, though, because, afterall, it DID go through almost all of it's 'Charging' animation.

With Gorefasts/Clots, it doesn't even go through a part of their animation to hit you...

Top part, true-ish, Bottom part, not so much, try this, go on suicidal, wave one, if you have high enough zerker, and melee the entire first wave

Now, when a gore rushes you, knife and run until you see the "U" animation, then rush it and decap it, and run away

Unless you lag terribly, you should decap him, he should stand there, do nothing, dance around a bit, and then die

Upvote 0