• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Battlefield 3

Tripwire needs to fix their game to play less like an arcade shooter and more like Ostfront. (See the video in my sig if you don't know what I mean.) There's no point in tripwire's dumbing down of the game because players who want an easy-to-play twitch shooter will have better options,like bf3.

KCgpGqXDTT.jpg

Upvote 0
Tripwire needs to fix their game to play less like an arcade shooter and more like Ostfront. (See the video in my sig if you don't know what I mean.) There's no point in tripwire's dumbing down of the game because players who want an easy-to-play twitch shooter will have better options,like bf3.

Nice video. The stamina and movement speed really needs to be tweaked.

Upvote 0

So, the video in your sig means what? A high powered mg can do some major damage up close and you can run with a 5 pound gun in your hand and not lose much stamina. The guy in your video was moving in a 10x10 square and mowing down enemy with a mg. Unfortunately that is a very realistic sense of combat. Check out some videos of highly trained tactical units doing maneuvers. The only problem with the video is that the enemy were not even using any tactics to stop the player from doing what he was doing. Maybe a few nades and a team of enemy attacking that stronghold would have been a better tactical play.

BF3 will be a great game if the game play is similar to BFBC2. It is a very different game than RO, but why do you want all of the same types of games. RO has it's purpose and BF3 will have a purpose.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Too bad it's all console footage. You can see them running with gamepads, the graphics aren't as sharp, and the FPS is rather low, which I doubt would be the case if they were showcasing it on a PC.

Gameplay looks like spawn die spawn die spawn die, especially on that tiny map, but I'll have to play it myself to judge I guess.

Agreed.

And not related to the game per se but the way this tourney was handled is facepalm worthy.

Only 1 round, one team attack and one defends, the map on the Alpha build was heavily biased towards defenders so idk if they tweaked it.

So of course the defending team won... every time.

Upvote 0
Played for over an hour.

I knew this game was going to be good but it took me by surprise, this is much more than BC2 with a newer engine. It is also much more hardcore than previous Battlefield games.

Movement is much slower than in previous Battlefield games, you feel heavier. Its not clunky but it feels a bit more like RO's system. True first person view also adds to the immersion.

Suppression works well, you can't see **** when your under heavy fire.

Squads progress slow through the map covering each other. It kind of blends arcade with tactical elements.

It also feels like a proper PC game. In no way shape or form do you feel like your playing on something that is designed for slower consoles. I really like the engine.

Anyone that is going to dismiss this as a BC2 clone is missing out.

Reactions: Spungey
Upvote 0