• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Balance the zerk weaponry thread

I can think of an easy way to balance the Zerk if you're wanting of it. Add a stamina bar for melee weapons. A stamina bar determines the running speed bonus (Stamina depleted = Unperked running speed.), the swing speed (67% ~ 100%, the penalty cannot go lower than unperked swing speed.) as well as damage. (67% ~ 100%, cannot go lower than unperked damage.) Bigger melee weapons take more stamina to swing, and Perk level determines the amount of stamina and the recharge speed of the stamina bar.
i agree with a stamina bar, it works in dead island and most every MMO set in a fantasy backdrop. why not killing floor?

except not for the running part. if there were a sprint i would agree, but that idea just means zerkers can either move OR fight, never both effectively.

Upvote 0
But moving away, fighting and kiting is THE part of berserker, and we cannot actually touch their passives. I offered nerfing their stable weaponry a bit as that would slow down their spamfest a bit. If they're swinging away they should consider taking the risk of missing and taking the next hit from horde. That would force them to use a sidearm may be even at normal difficulty but that wouldn't really impact their gameplay mindset or power.

Upvote 0
But moving away, fighting and kiting is THE part of berserker, and we cannot actually touch their passives. I offered nerfing their stable weaponry a bit as that would slow down their spamfest a bit. If they're swinging away they should consider taking the risk of missing and taking the next hit from horde. That would force them to use a sidearm may be even at normal difficulty but that wouldn't really impact their gameplay mindset or power.
thats why i wouldn't drain stamina from movement.

i'd more simply have a stamina bar that depletes with each swing once "exhausted" the player's swings hit for stock damage and at a reduced speed.

if you've played dead island that's infinitely easier than their exhausted status which is hitting for no damage, barely being able to swing at all and being incapable of full walk speed.

that being said the zerker doesn't really need nerfing. you have to fight face to face and most other classes can kill stuff before you've even closed the gap. if you want zerkers missing swings, it's only fair to have weapon jams on the other classes

Upvote 0
This.
I don't hate on berzerkers for stealing kills because I play as medic. But the one time I played berzerker I bought a katana and win insued. It was boring.

And how is one to interpret this? That it is too easy on HoE as zerk? That would be far from the truth..if so. It can be true if you solo, but as a team a win is absolutely no guarantee.

First of all you must play on a map with ample space to kite as zerk or the team must succeed in gangbanging all fps if camping AND if camping there must be at least one medic.

I can admit that HoE with a full team of zerks with lv 6 is not that intimidating until wave 10....HoE is most fun when wave 10 starts and with full team.

My only requisite as zerk is that i obtain the claymore before wave 7 and when i die with it in my hand i never need money anymore...i dont really care for armor either, which i prefer mostly for possible fp-attacks.

The OP-threads are so ironic, then they have accompanied this game since release of 2009!!! It

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And how is one to interpret this? That it is too easy on HoE as zerk? That would be far from the truth..if so. It can be true if you solo, but as a team a win is absolutely no guarantee.

First of all you must play on a map with ample space to kite as zerk or the team must succeed in gangbanging all fps if camping AND if camping there must be at least one medic.

You're missing the point of being OP. The zerker being OP doesn't mean that a blindfolded player can run through every single map with a knife while using only two keys and a single mouse button.

What being OP means is the zerker has every advantage in the game with no disadvantages. The zerker has the advantage is just about every situation over every other perk. And so on...

i dont really care for armor either, which i prefer mostly for possible fp-attacks.

Exactly. Because zerkers have permanent armor. Another advantage, along with saving a ton of dosh every wave. Along with perked weapons that don't cost anything to use. And so on.

The OP-threads are so ironic, then they have accompanied this game since release of 2009!!! It

Upvote 0
You're missing the point of being OP. The zerker being OP doesn't mean that a blindfolded player can run through every single map with a knife while using only two keys and a single mouse button.

What being OP means is the zerker has every advantage in the game with no disadvantages. The zerker has the advantage is just about every situation over every other perk. And so on...

Exactly. Because zerkers have permanent armor. Another advantage, along with saving a ton of dosh every wave. Along with perked weapons that don't cost anything to use. And so on.

So it's been consistent.

Yeah, there is a con to the berserker class, his weapons don't have ranged attack. (buzzsaw bow is for n00bzerkers).

Upvote 0

So it's been consistent.

"So it

Upvote 0
Yeah, there is a con to the berserker class, his weapons don't have ranged attack. (buzzsaw bow is for n00bzerkers).

Sure, zerker's perked weapons don't have a ranged attack. But the zerker still uses the unperked LAR, HC, M23, M79, crossbow, and so on that are still plenty powerful enough to kill what needs to be killed.

This brings up even more advantages solely to the zerker which circle and reinforce each other.

1) Zerker's perked weapons don't cost anything to use.
2) Zerker's perked weapons are light.
3) So the zerker has tons of room and cash to purchase unperked weapons.

If the unperked HC, LAR, or any other weapon can drop a specimen in one or two shots, then what does it matter if it is used by a perk proper?

Upvote 0
Sure, zerker's perked weapons don't have a ranged attack. But the zerker still uses the unperked LAR, HC, M23, M79, crossbow, and so on that are still plenty powerful enough to kill what needs to be killed.

This brings up even more advantages solely to the zerker which circle and reinforce each other.

1) Zerker's perked weapons don't cost anything to use.
2) Zerker's perked weapons are light.
3) So the zerker has tons of room and cash to purchase unperked weapons.

If the unperked HC, LAR, or any other weapon can drop a specimen in one or two shots, then what does it matter if it is used by a perk proper?

That is a definite truth, HOWEVER! as I am a man-zerker who firmly play the zerker class to whack zombie heads off; if I am not doing that near constantly I may as well just wax my chest hair off.

Upvote 0
That is a definite truth, HOWEVER! as I am a man-zerker who firmly play the zerker class to whack zombie heads off; if I am not doing that near constantly I may as well just wax my chest hair off.
Mmmmm gettin hot in here ;)
Lotsa man-zerkers in this thread.
Berzerkers don't cause a problem for me as a medic but if it were more challenging I would have more incentive to play berzerker.

EDIT Ok so that was a little gay.

Last edited:
Upvote 0