• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

as costumer asking for an opinion to the devs

Too bad that software falls under different kinds of rights even in europe, its just that in europe software companies can be more **** than say electronic arts. Because the chance of winning a court is harder when its about trivial things like this. Just take a look at warez fighting in usa and europe. In europe most of the time you cant even be punished.
I know and I never denied that. I simply did not like the "sound" of your post it's mentioned in the EULA, as that hardly says something.

Upvote 0
I think the bottom line is it would be laughable to be discussing things like this in any other game forum. Yeah it might **** but thats the way things are in this industry. Once you purchase a game you don't have the right to complain about any bugs, inconsistencies, or lies on the box about how amazing the game is. Its just the way it is. Take what you read on game boxes with a pinch of salt, just like you do with movies or any other media, and if theres bugs or things aren't how you expect well it doesn't matter..you already paid for it.

Try asking on a Battlefield 2 forum about these types of things and see how far you get..you won't even have devs reading the posts let alone commenting on them. If you want to change it then don't purchase the products..thats pretty much all you can do except ask for changes and be grateful for what you get or go elseware..there aren't any other companies that put as much effort or work as much on games already released than Tripwire that I know of, and tbh I havn't played a better game in years. Yeah theres a few bugs but its not going to change the fact that I really enjoy playing the game.

Upvote 0
I think the bottom line is it would be laughable to be discussing things like this in any other game forum. Yeah it might **** but thats the way things are in this industry. Once you purchase a game you don't have the right to complain about any bugs, inconsistencies, or lies on the box about how amazing the game is. Its just the way it is. Take what you read on game boxes with a pinch of salt, just like you do with movies or any other media, and if theres bugs or things aren't how you expect well it doesn't matter..you already paid for it.​

I don't even feel ripped-off. I played the mod from v1.1, that's about 2 years before the game went retail, so I knew what to espect ... or not to espect.

But this kind of "we can't do anything about anything" behaviour, probably due to the average computer gamer being a teenager, is just plain wrong: I have seen people get their money back because they thought a flatscreen was too bright for their taste. Much more is possible than some of you may think.

And what's plain stupid is the fanboy behaviour. There are things in RO that are simply not acceptable for a retail game, no matter how good the rest is. Tank maps make up a large proportion of the games total content, yet tank combat is a buggy mess. To those that said it was still better than battlefield series: No. BF never said it would be realistic. It's cartoony arcade, but it's not buggy as hell. So, yeah, there is room for complaining.​

Upvote 0
Actually, as an infantryman, I don't see anything wrong with tank combat.

The only people seeing things wrong are the tank people, correct?

That's like saying since some CS:S players could identify the weapon damage amounts as innacurate, the game is a buggy unusable mess.

To the layman, the game isn't buggy - and it's actually a big step up from simple point 'n shoot tank combat games.

Upvote 0
The only people seeing things wrong are the tank people, correct?

Not correct... I see nothing "wrong" with RO - On the other hand, I see things for BOTH Infantry Combat and Armored Combat that need improvement.

To the layman, the game isn't buggy - and it's actually a big step up from simple point 'n shoot tank combat games.

Another way to say that is.... to the inexperienced, all looks well and far superior to what we were used to. Its all good though, for as soon as the new ppl learn "the ropes" they too, begin to ask questions. That's how improvements are instigated and made to happen if its at all possible.

Improvement is the "action" word here. ;)

Upvote 0
It was/is a budget title and it cost no more than 29.99€/$.
I don't know how many budget games you have played in your life, but that statement of yours leads me to belief that it weren't that many.

Its not like we paid 200 bucks for a simulation and now it doesn't work.

We paid 29.99 €/$ for a budget game and we got support for both players, modders and mappers that other game-companies don't even dream of.
We got patches that delivered much much more than most patches for full-prized games and last but not least we got a game that is more realistic than almost any other multiplayer-shooter out there.
Complaining about the lack of support is just ridiculous.

Show me a game that's 200 bucks. There are probably like 2 in the history of computer games.

The budget price is absolute standard for a game that's running on an old engine and is mostly distributed electronically (I don't have to tell you how much that saves costs for the producer).

I highly doubt TW is making significantly less money per copy sold than the average game developers do.

So no, that's no excuse for buggy gameplay in my books.

Upvote 0
I bet the guys that are complaining are the same people that would buy something from Wal-Mart and then demand they return it after a year of use because there are a few small things they don’t like about it.

Seriously, there is no game I have played that has had as much added to it after it was sold then ROO. Are there things that could be better sure, but don’t demand them. Now it is up to the modding community to “fix” the things they think are wrong. So far these bugs you speak of seem more of what you think it should be then something actual wrong with the game.

Upvote 0
I bet the guys that are complaining are the same people that would buy something from Wal-Mart and then demand they return it after a year of use because there are a few small things they don’t like about it.

Seriously, there is no game I have played that has had as much added to it after it was sold then ROO. Are there things that could be better sure, but don’t demand them. Now it is up to the modding community to “fix” the things they think are wrong. So far these bugs you speak of seem more of what you think it should be then something actual wrong with the game.
But we do not have Wal-Marts here. :p

Yes they added a lot of stuff, but personally I'd rather see fixes than new vehicles. Additionally it would be very inefficient to release a mod for every bug you encounter as it is not allways possible to release a mutator.

[...]
If you repeat that long enough you are going to believe that at one point.

Upvote 0
i understand what you are say, its just that if you look at any game it will have a few things that could be better. Many of them have been addressed and some just aren't going to be, either because of time or the fact that it would affect performance to much. I don’t mind fixes but if they take away from game play or make it so a server can only handle 28 player i don’t think its worth it. Sure it would be great to have penetration (mgs would great then) but it would kill a server. Same thing goes for tanks. If ROO supported dual core it would make these things at least possible to try. None of these problems are game killers. I use to feel the same way about the mgs. Not being able to do some things as easily as they should be. I just started playing the other classes and the game became much more enjoy able even when i did play the mg even once in awhile.

Upvote 0
eeeh ... i think there are some "missinformations" here.

please poeple. As mentioned in the begining. This was a question from me to the devs, to get a statement and informations. Try to keep it without the "killing" sarcasm and insults if possible. I dont want to have this closed only cause some feel insulted by something they of course could wrap over or leave at it is.

for the missinformation! I never have told something that i have a "plan" to give my game back or something similar like that. I just asked, no i demanded "further" informations. What the hell is wrong with that ?

I never bashed the deves or the game as completly worthless. Nor did i complained about that this game is impossible to be played, as sadly many other games out of the market, but i also just avoid these games. Period!

It is sad that some here seem to take this all like a "attack" against the whole community or the developers. It is yet, if it might sound arrogant or not, just a few question. Please, particularly to murphy, worluk stop making this a private flame-war here, i think everyone, particularly the dvelopers of this game can very well defend there self or of course just ignore the whole thing.

And iIt is not the qustion what kind of support the developers offer or not! I just ask, what the "exact" problem is, why the armor works not, like described on the box (simulation level). Bugs never can be avoided, like there will never be a perfect prodcuct, but why is it here for the "costumer" somewhat magicaly forbiden to ask where the problem exactly is? If i am a modder, programmer or just stupid hill-billy of costumer doesnt matter here. Also i will not go in to fights about "costumer" and "seller" rights as iam not used with US rights! But iam used cause of my eduction in GERMAN ones. And they alow me to ask. I really dont understand why some people take that as some kind of heavy attack, like the invasion in poland or something ... :confused:

It was/is a budget title and it cost no more than 29.99?/$.
I don't know how many budget games you have played in your life, but that statement of yours leads me to belief that it weren't that many.

Its not like we paid 200 bucks for a simulation and now it doesn't work.

We paid 29.99 ?/$ for a budget game and we got support for both players, modders and mappers that other game-companies don't even dream of.
We got patches that delivered much much more than most patches for full-prized games and last but not least we got a game that is more realistic than almost any other multiplayer-shooter out there.
Complaining about the lack of support is just ridiculous.

Of course. Youre very right, the developers of this game provide, compared to many, yet more expensive and worst games a better support and politic about information. Also they are a lot closer to the community and their opinions. But thats why i thought i could try to demand information.

1. Cause its my right (in germany) as costumer. Period. Regardles how crappy other prodcuts of the same kind are. If i buy a car from Ferrari and it doesnt drive as fast as like promised, it doesnt mean i could not ask for the reason only cause it still drives faster or better then a VW - Golf or soapbox.

2. Cause i trust the devs much enough, to be that fair and honest, to give a serious answer on a serious question. They are great guys, angels in the game industry that will let us arise our sense and give us the best honey (game) we can eat! (sarcasm off). Still just hoped, exactly BECAUSE they keep such a good support compared to other games, that they will also answer on yet just a simple question.
Is, that the armor works how it does right now a limitation from the engine? Or a vey complicated to fix thing? (and if yes, please some roughly explanation about WHY exactly).

and we should not forget, that the "but its more accurate then Battlefield/CS" argument doesnt work here really as these games never claimed for their self any historical accuracy. From BF and CS i know what i have and yes i play with some friends CS:S sometimes and enjoy the game very much with them. I dont care about that my Assault rifle looses his accuracy after 50cm. But if there would be glitches in CSS, like lags, bugs etc. that can give players a advantage over me, (like a panther that is not able to penetrate a perfect angled IS2 no matter of what distance!) then, yes, that would be a reason for me to demand support in that direction and to feel frustrated!

Places like Wall mart if you want and the gaming industry ARE in there politic (sell and forget) that way only cause the costumer alows them to be treated that way! This is not particularly aimend as a shot again Tripwire as we all know that they are compared to EA games and Valve (steam) angles. This meant in general. I can only say, if i would ever have the luck to get a own company, i hope all my costumers will be like some here. Seriously, they will take care about that my business never goes down.

Dont get me wrong people! I like this game also and i also want this game to be the best it can be. But that means as well, that we should not let get the "EA-games" mindset inside here. Tripwire is a compnay that can do it far better then many other "more" professional organisation out there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
[...]
I wouldn't expect an answer from them since someone will hold them to it or say they are lying. The same thing happened with the penetration mod. They said it couldn’t reasonably be done. Some one did it (with poor performance on the server) and said they lied. Some of the things you take about can be done but it would affect to may other things. Some times the cure is worse then the disease.

That's incorrect. Do your research first before you throw punches.

Here's a quick "sum up":
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=514602

Upvote 0
still doesnt change the fact that it would have taken away from the game more then it added. It also doesnt make the devs want to talk more about anything. I remember when they guy was posting on these forums saying the devs where lieing about it not being do able. I remeber asking why they even said anything because all it did wass bit them in the ass.

Upvote 0