• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Area from enemy of the gates

stewiesboys

Aug 11, 2011
Hey guys i was watching enemy of the gates with my 2 favorite sniper vissile
here's the area or map i hope will come a bout in ro2 and since this is a based on a true story maybe the ro team can find this exact place and get in to it anyways i am posting the videos under if u guys are up for the idea we need a extreme amount of replies up for this idea or else it will become a idea like any other on this forum that is never looked in to so guys please if u like the idea like i do please please please post post post a great map for Germans and Russians

SKIP TO 5.36 to see the map and watch from there or fill free to watch the all thing i guess part 1
Enemy At The Gates 01 - YouTube

PART 2 JUST WATCH
Duell Enemy at the gates part 2 .wmv - YouTube

PART 3 START AT 6.48
Enemy At The Gates 04 - YouTube

PART 7 START AT 7.19
Enemy At The Gates 07 - YouTube

Last edited:
yeah in the real story, Konev (the guy who gets shot jumping between buildings) is actually the one who aids him in killing Konig. That scene at the end where he's under the sheet metal in the train yard is actually where they kill him. He never got out and was never shot with Vasilli 10 feet away from him.

And by the way, the scene you are talking about is already in RO. Its a winter map called FallenHeroes, named after Fallen Heroes Square (originally Red Square).

Reactions: Nylle
Upvote 0
May not be historically accurate, but it was a fun movie to watch, as long as you don't take it too seriously.

Also, the real Zaitsev didn't look like Jude Law.
454px-Vasily_Zaitsev.jpg

Reactions: BlakminDjakmihov
Upvote 0
yeah in the real story, Konev (the guy who gets shot jumping between buildings) is actually the one who aids him in killing Konig. That scene at the end where he's under the sheet metal in the train yard is actually where they kill him. He never got out and was never shot with Vasilli 10 feet away from him.

In real life the German sniper named Koenig didn't even exist, it's a completely fictional story made up by the Soviet Propoganda department.

Upvote 0
Personally I prefer historical accuracy to maps that try to replicate a movie set.

I think if someone wants to make maps from a movie as third party maps, that's fine... but it doesn't mean they'll be any good. I've played the EnemyAtTheGates map on RO1 and it a) only vaguely looked like the movie in a small portion of the map and b) didn't play well at all. For lack of a better word it was a gimmick map.

Upvote 0

Exactly, this Koenig guy never existed. And the Soviet claim that the Germans erased his name from the records is completely ridiculous at best, esp. considering that even the death of their most praised national heroes, such as Michael Wittmann or Walter Nowotny never were kept secret; and the nr.1 reason is that things like these simply can't be kept secret.

You can't just erase the name of someone from the records, esp. not someone who supposedly was head of an entire institution.

Also as a final nail to coffin of this myth, there was no central sniping school in Berlin. The whole story is a work of fiction by the Soviet Propoganda machine in an effort to increase the moral of the common soldier in a time where things were looking very bleak.

Reactions: Dietrich Graf
Upvote 0

And by the way, the scene you are talking about is already in RO. Its a winter map called FallenHeroes, named after Fallen Heroes Square (originally Red Square).

I saw an interview with Vasilli..
he said (iirc) the fameous duel was over a well/waterhole close to the volga.
The germans was dieing of thrist mere a few hundred meters away from the river, And vasilli(whaver you type it as) lost a few(3-4?) men to this german sniper but as they found eachother, looking at eachother through the scope, vasilli just pulled the trigger first? Slay me if im wrong :3

Yet as to the idea, I think we will see plenty of similare places in the game ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yeah in the real story, Konev (the guy who gets shot jumping between buildings) is actually the one who aids him in killing Konig.

He is named Koulikov in the movie. I remember that cause last may we had a new guy at work he looks liked him and googled it. HAHAHAHAHA....

About movies and maps. Do people remember the Stalingrad level from from
Medal of Honor ? It was a copy of a certain area in the German Stalingrad movie.

Upvote 0
Note the photo of Vasili and his belt. He is ex-Navy! Like most ex-Navy troops in the Great Patriotic War they kept small items of their navy kit to remind other people that they are "smarter than the average guy", in Vasili's case he has kept the Naval Belt.

There are plenty better movies, even the sex scene is terrible!

We should call the forum-uniform police on him then...how dare his uniform not be exactly regulation issue!!! :p

Upvote 0