• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Anyone else unsatisfied with the ironsights?

at 1280x1024 resolution, the front sight is simply too small on most guns. While I appreciate the realism in this game, sometimes things don't translate well from real life to a monitor screen, and perhaps the ironsights could use a little review. Anyone else think this is an issue?

TheCorinthian said:
at 1280x1024 resolution, the front sight is simply too small on most guns. While I appreciate the realism in this game, sometimes things don't translate well from real life to a monitor screen, and perhaps the ironsights could use a little review. Anyone else think this is an issue?

Never had an issue with it, TBH.

What are you settings?

Upvote 0
Grobut said:
Hmm, good point, i would imagine it would look considerably worse without anti-aliasing, i've never tried it though, im allways running 4x AA.
Hmm, I guess that's bad news for me, then, 'cause I have a horrible rig with a horrible video card, and AA absolutely kills my FPS in all games. Hopefully when I try the game, I don't have too much of a problem with the ironsights.

Upvote 0
I haven't encountered any problems, and I am running 1280 x 960 which is a standard 1.33 to 1 ratio for my monitor. Other standard 1.33 to 1 ratios include 800 x 600, 1024 x 768, 1152 x 864, and 1600 x 1200.

If I run 1280 x 1024 (which is 1.25 to 1 ratio), everything looks scrunched down shorter. Circles become slightly egg shaped. If I were to adjust my screen to compensate for the flatter resolution, I end up with lots of wasted black space.

So, maybe try a different resolution instead of your 1280 x 1024 setting? :confused:

Upvote 0
might bloom be causing the sites to look worse?

RO only became visually acceptable when i cranked up the AA and AF and running at high resoltion - this with bloom , or whatever its called, on.

I thought i understand that you should turn off bloom if you cant run AA/AF and hi-res. True?

Upvote 0