• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Any plans on removing the bots?

God this again.

Bots are good for the game, they help seed empty servers. Bots make the waiting for other players a bit more enjoyable.
+1 on this!
We were FORCED to add bots 2 months ago, and made all the difference. We climbed about 4 ranks after that. Now when the server crashes, and before we reset the bots, ppl complain or just leave until the bots are back.
My advise is to stay on a server to attact more human players till the bots are gone, it's been known to happen :cool:

Upvote 0
I don't blame server admins for the situation today, and think butch is kind of a dick by telling me that he thinks I am the problem. Way to go there dude, classy.

Btw many games of similar size or smaller have done just well without the bots. RO2 would too, so they are NOT a necessary evil.

Lol..stop griping and put your money where your mouth is and go rent a server..

Run it how you like, with what you like and hopefully you'll be happy..

We run the TWB servers for the enjoyment of both our members and the public, we take on board community comments and suggestions but that does not mean we always implement them on our servers.

Most players including our own members realise that bots are just a tool to help seed servers until sufficient player numbers can remove them.
And with the current numbers playing RO2 bots are for most server admins a necessary evil that allows players to play the game online with at least some resembalance of gameplay.
Because if your server remains completly empty you find it very difficult to justify its cost.

No Admin wants to use them or particularly likes them (although Ivan 13 is a popular guy)...
They are merely a tool just like other mods can be considered tools to help players enjoy the game however limiting that experience may be in the short term.

As a side note calling people "a dick" because their view differs to your own say's more about you than it does those you offend..
And that definately does not make you classy..

Last edited:
Reactions: TrOOper
Upvote 0
How did RO2 "trick" you into this? Did you not check the window that clearly shows how many of the players are humans?

Well they didn't trick me into joining the server...they tricked me into believing there are players on the server.

Wasting my time. In the long run, I don't blame server admins. I do feel they have the right to do what they want.

Seems like were going around in circles here and not really discussing anymore.

Long thread short, TWI please implement some sort of bot filter please. Preferable one that doesn't show any servers with bots (if you selected that in filter)

Filter = people filtering out bots who want to.
which = servers with bots being filtered
which = them not wanting to be filtered (if they want to of course)
which = less servers with bots
which = more servers without bots

importantly, it creates choice. Which I think we all agree on. The power of having a choice.

I know people are saying if you don't like it go buy your own server. And thats not really the answer, because we really don't need more servers. We need more players. So if you own a server, come out with a way to bring more players...if you as a server owner wants more players. (you say thats the reason you have bots)

As a consumer of your server, I'm saying I don't like bots, along with others.

Get what I'm getting at?

Unless of course you want the servers run a certain way, then by all means. You have that right as a owner.

I personally believe service is the key to having a consumer/player base in all area's in life. Be respectful to the players on your server. Get people envolved in that server, build a relationship with them.

They add that server to there favorties and join it even when empty. And it grows from there.

Saying bots is a fix it for this "in my opinion" isn't saying much. Yes it may help seed....but to what end?

The only answer I see is for servers who really like the seed function is keeping them at a low number. I say no more than 6 bots. And leave the second 6 people join.

And I'm not telling you this as something you should do, just advice from what I would be willing to deal with as a "consumer of your server".

Take it or leave it. But Personally I can't play on a server with any bots. (Willing to play with untill a "few" people join) but thats as far as that goes.

Upvote 0
<sigh> another "Wall of Text"....

Saying, "I hate bots" DUH! Hey sport, lke Butch said, you don't like it, put up your own server and run it the way you wish. Stop trying to run our servers!!

Nomad, you are the worst server admin EVER. And the reason I don't join your server.

Have a nice day.

But really, can't speak for ever one else. But the forums are here to discuss things in the game. Esp problems.

Whats the deal with you server owners hating on peoples opinions. I'm on the GI bill going to college. If I had the money I would. I don't, so because you do doesn't give you the right to shot down my opinion and say tuff sh!t.

Reactions: Hjanne and TrOOper
Upvote 0
Nomad, you are the worst server admin EVER. And the reason I don't join your server.

Have a nice day.

hahahhahah TY :D

But really, can't speak for ever one else. But the forums are here to discuss things in the game. Esp problems.

Discuss - yes - - Insult NO

Whats the deal with you server owners hating on peoples opinions. I'm on the GI bill going to college. If I had the money I would. I don't, so because you do doesn't give you the right to shot down my opinion and say tuff sh!t.

Nobody is shooting down "your" opinion..... you are entitled to offer such. Doing so with respect goes a long way.

Chew on your tuff......

Upvote 0
Nomad, you are the worst server admin EVER. And the reason I don't join your server....

Don't feed the trolls.

OT: A filter option shouldn't be too much to ask for, I'd rather consider it standard actually. Then again the general trend seems to be to offer less options nowadays, or maybe they didn't get the time as they did for many other smallish features. Then again, maybe a filter option requires those option settings that are displayed in the server browser to be displayed correctly, so they'd need to fix that first (it was broken last time I checked anyways).

Reactions: TrOOper
Upvote 0
Don't feed the trolls.

Yes, yes sorry.

Probably most disrespectful thing I've said in the forums(Who knows not keeping track). Sorry to bring my dislike into discussion...but I was being respectful until then. (and still a some what respectful troll :p )

Anyway, does anyone know if TWI has plans on adding a bot filter? I'm surprised I haven't heard them announce it official. There actually on top of major topics like this one.

Esp since I don't think any one is in objection to there being a filter for bots.

And I for one think it should be up there with other major concerns.

Upvote 0
The bot issue, as a player and not an admin is one that is keeping me from playing the game/enjoying it.

I play mutliplayer games like RO to play with other REAL people, not bots. Bots detract from the very point of an mp shooter imo.

The retort of "If you don't like it buy your own server" is just obtuse to me, I'm a player, not a server admin.

This was one of my huge annoyances with games like Day of Defeat after it was out ao while, you could not for ht elife of you find a server full of real people without bots bots bots.

I'm not asking people to NEVER USE bots, I would just like a simple server filter that lets me sort out servers that have bots on them, and those that don't.

You want to use bots on your server it's your choice, it should be MY choice to be able to find a single good server that doesn't put bots in.

Upvote 0
I called you out on your dickish comment, not molest you. Grow a pair.
Wow! All this immature venom over bots...
Bot disappear as real players join a server.... Disappear = ceasing to exist.

About put up your own server... that's the bottom line fellas, you want something your way? Do it your way on your server. Stop trying to run everyone else's
Now then, ppl keep asking for a Bot Filter... ITS THERE already. In the Game Browser and Steam's Server Browser. Just LOOK in the bottom right of your game browser - it tells you who the real players are (if any) in the server that's highlighted. The Steam Servers Browser has a bot filter in the PLAYERS Drop Down Menu.. 'Nuff Said.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh I totally agree, my point that indirectly showing which servers have bots isn't the same as a bot filter. I just think this whole issue depends on TWIs view on it. I can't see any sane reason to be against a bot filter, but then they've made some imo strange design decisions in the past. Who knows, maybe in 6 months we'll have one.

Upvote 0
I don't really agree with having a bot filter , but something should be done to stop people getting their server to the top of the list with like 5 guys playing it

If there is a filter people will just turn it on and forget about it. Then any server with even a single bot in will be gone from his list which is unnecessary.

Bots are needed to get servers started, but there is something very wrong with the current system. There should be a max bot amount, like 1/3 of the total server capacity, and then each real player than joins takes the place of a bot. This combined with a visual representation of the number of bots on the server thats visible without selecting the individual serve will be enough to solve the issue imo. Top 5 servers in the list atm have like 1 server near its max capacity. Its just misleading and causes more problems than it solves

Upvote 0
Im sure TWI will give you a bot filter at some point. But right now, they have bigger fish to fry with classic mode and the upcoming additions......If you continue to whine so loudly about it and if you consider this the number one thing that TWI needs to do now, im sure they would be willing to stop everything to get it done......until then, i guess using the additional few seconds of "the work around" will have to suffice.....

the "I gotta have it now generation" never ceases to amaze me.

Upvote 0