• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

An Update on ATI Crossfire?

We are still working with AMD to pinpoint what is going wrong. We'll update you guys when we have something.

Thanks.

I just updated my graphic card drivers, I had the previous one installed. I did a clean install of the driver and I tried to play again but the performance was the same. If I set everything to lowest and turn off Bloom and everything I can do 80-99 fps most places but the game still lags and glitches all over the place, its barely playable even with that fps. I dont know what the problem is.

Upvote 0
I really hope for TWI's sake this is ironed out before launch. This could be make or break.
Yes and no. Most users don't have multiple GPUs, so they don't notice this as a problem. As nice as having Crossfire is, you and I are still in the minority, so it isn't as big an issue as you might hope it to be, especially considering the number of other issues that exist at the moment.

I still agree with your sentiments though, it's a real pain having to disable Crossfire to get the game to be playable.

Just out of interest, did you try the suggestion made by phildogtheman? It's a pain in the arse to do I'm sure, but it might actually get you into the game which is surely better than nothing?

Upvote 0
Can also confirm even after the latest "optimization" patch the game still runs like crap for me @ 5760x1080 on Ultra. Swapping over to single monitor gives playeable frames.

I7-960 @4.7Ghz Watercooled
12GB Corsair dominator 2000Mhz
Intel 120GB SSD
Samsung 1TB
Rampage Extreme III

No way in hell i'm going back to single monitor gaming. So this is a deal-breaker for me :) Hopefully it will be resolved prior to launch. Else it's refund time.

Upvote 0
Just out of interest, did you try the suggestion made by phildogtheman? It's a pain in the arse to do I'm sure, but it might actually get you into the game which is surely better than nothing?

No I have not, and to be completely honest i'm not going to either. Just for the reason you said, I can handle disabling crossfire if that worked, but i'm not going to jump through that many hoops just to make something possibly playable with a fraction of the hardware.

I really appreciate those of you that helpfully posted, but I'm done with the forum boards here. Its 3 days until launch, it's just a waiting game now. My fingers are crossed that Tripwire pulls the miracle off, I REALLY REALLY do not want to have to say that I asked for a refund on a TWI game. Especially after selling the game to my friends, who half of which run dual GPU cards and cannot play.

Thanks for your time and effort. :IS2:

Upvote 0
I did most of the tweaks found in http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2094647 and the game is finally playable for me now. Its not a fix, but at least it helps me enjoy the game till they fix stuff. I set it to Ultra in-game and then closed the game and did the tweaks and I can now play with 70-100 fps while the game being pretty enough for me to enjoy it.

Upvote 0
I love the people that say (I get over 80 FPS, whats the problem guys?) FULL OF you know what lol.

I say the people that have top end machines me including get the same fps, I don't know why people are making up lies about there fps rates lol it is clearly broken you are not making yourself sound like you are uber cool and awesome because you spent $4000 on a custom machine and get amazing fps BECAUSE YOU DON'T.

You people are mad that you spent all that money on top end machines and lie about getting 80-100 fps, you are all tools lol and only lying to yourselfs

it is getting fixed and optimized don't lie about your fps because we can all read the people that are being honest with the exact same rig's you are running and they get half of what you claim to get, just stop making useless threads and replys

Um... actually I don't see it as impossible...

I have a 2500k with a measly 5850 and dip down to 50fps lowest on all ultra @ 1920x1200.

Upvote 0
For those of you with AMD crossfire setups that are seeing a performance decrease instead of increase, it is due to the game being CPU bound.

Our plans on performance improvements include lower the the cpu usage. This should result in more people seeing an increase in their frames. Until then, please disable crossfire for RO 2.

Take this as you will.

But what I understand from this is that: it's TWI's position that Crossfire is working, but that our CPU's are too weak to take advantage of it.

I run a i5 2500k @ 4.2
16GB ram
2x 6970.

Well apparently my CPU that never gets taxed over 40% is SO limiting that i get ZERO gain from my second 6970.
:rolleyes:

I also thinks this means TWI is of opinion that Crossfire works, and that we can expect nothing further from them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0