• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

? About Vehicle Mods

Deathrow Bo Dean

Nov 24, 2014
I see that there is a Vehicle Mod for KF and i'd like to ask some ?'s abut it.
1. Is it only a mod for special maps?
2. Can you get in and out of the vehicle? (shoot Zeds from inside the vehicle or get out of the vehicle an shoot them?
3. Can you use the vehicles on any KF map that has room for it, i.e like a street?
4. Can I just add the vehicle to a map that has a vehicle on it like Arcade-Gas_Station?
5. Can I activate the mod without having to reinstall Kf. I mean can i plug the vehicle mod in and out of Kf from a menu?

You can also get your answers from reading the mods descriptions or post related to that mod.
1. There are 2 versions of the mod. One that uses edited KF- maps or new maps under VM-
2. Yes, of course.
3. If it has room then i guess so.
4. Gas Station does not have actual vehicles, its a scripted hazard.
5. Dont bother, the mod is broken and has not been updated afaik.

Upvote 0
Thank You DMN666 for you intelligent and illuminating reply. I also thank SKELL for the time he spent wasting his time answering my post assuming me to be spaming questions. that was not my intentions at all.
I may need to explain my reason for all the recent ?'s I've had and posted so here it is.
I bought KF and first played it around 11/04/14. After playing Solo for a bit i then went online an joined a few MP games. One of those sites had some very nice mods installed. being facinated with computer games that lets one mod it , I decided to create a KF stand-alone dedicated server with the SteamCmd tool that I allready familiar with. I only needed to ask a few questions about the UT engine modding procedures because I had not attempted modding any UT engine games.
With this site and some other KF-sites with forums, I now have a very nice and sweetly modded Kf dedicated server. I
To all the the people who helped me Thank's Again. I hope I will be as fortunate to get the same amount of usefull help when KF2 for pc is realeased. iI hope it has a dedicated server included with it.

P.S Maybe it missed it but I don't recall there being a search box to help locate topics in question on this forum. IF i'm wrong or just may have over looked it, I know SKELL will point it out an spam me about it.:D

Upvote 0
I also thank SKELL for the time he spent wasting his time answering my post assuming me to be spaming questions. that was not my intentions at all.
P.S Maybe it missed it but I don't recall there being a search box to help locate topics in question on this forum. IF i'm wrong or just may have over looked it, I know SKELL will point it out an spam me about it.:D
-meanwhile, at the top of the page-
Spoiler!

Your jokes are so clever - You must have really worked hard to write that up and completely forgot to look at the webpage that's right in front of you. Brilliant.

Hopefully you can use it and not spam threads randomly spewed out across boards, regardless of what your intentions are, like most of your threads.
Spoiler!

Also, it's Skell. Not all letters are uppercase, thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was able to get the KF Vehicle files from ModDB and about 15 KVM maps installed and working Solo and the Listen server interface seems to work. I did figure out how to get in and dirve the vehiclies included. The Helicopter is fun to play with.
The only bug that crashed the game was trying to repair a vehicle. I did find a patch for that in the Steam Workshop but my subscription has now given me the download as of yet.

I only have one more unanswered question about the KFVM and it is:
How or can i thake a standard (non KVM) map i.e, KF_Phantomcity and add some vehicles to it?

I found som info in the KF-vehiocle mods readme on adding vehicles to maps but the info was very thin. If someone knows where a step by step tutorial might be found please point me there. Thank's..DBD

P.S>I also found some very nice weapon re-skins made by someone named SKELL. Im still waiting for that Steam workshop subscription download to arrive. If that designer is the SKELL here in this forum, please use Your influence and speed up my subscription download load from the workshop.

Upvote 0