• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

About hacking...

First of all, I just wanted to say KF is one of the very few games I have never seen a hacker in. Every other game I own, I have seen one.

But anyway, back to my simple question: Could you still get VAC'd for hacking if you did it only in single-player?

Good question actually, I'm aware cheats disable perk progression, but hacking in a single player server not sure.

I've seen public hackers, they didn't last long though, aimbot was the choice of hack I witnessed.

Upvote 0
I was just wondering if it were possible. No need to jump on my ****.

Calm down 2 minutes, the guy simply asked a question, treat him with the respect he showed you.

You're stepping on thin ice in the first place with a question based around how to exploit the game, add a snotty reply and you're going to get locked down by the mod popo.

The answer to the question in real terms.

We don't know, but If you get caught, you run the risk of getting a red tick against your name, I'm not sure what the punishment is for KF hacking, last I knew, the guy I saw hacking disappeared off of the radar, so it can't be good.

Reactions: Lacedaemonius
Upvote 0
I was just wondering if it were possible. No need to jump on my ****.

It wasn't my intention to have a go. I was only looking for an explanation for why someone would want to cheat. As you asked is it possible, I thought you might be able to provide an answer. *shrugs* I can't understand why anyone would ever want to cheat at a game.

EDIT

-In regards to VAC it will ban by engine, not by game. So cheat in KF, all unreal 2.5 games will banned. Same goes for other engines as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It wasn't my intention to have a go. I was only looking for an explanation for why someone would want to cheat. As you asked is it possible, I thought you might be able to provide an answer. *shrugs* I can't understand why anyone would ever want to cheat at a game.

EDIT

-In regards to VAC it will ban by engine, not by game. So cheat in KF, all unreal 2.5 games will banned. Same goes for other engines as well.

people like to cheat because some people think there are too few "I win buttons" in games like necro in 2worlds2 :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Haven't seen any form of hack on this game what is brillant. Most people will do so to make themselfs look good.

Only other game i've seen little to no cheating/ hacking is IL2 Sturmovik '46. Only ever come across two people cheating but where banned very very quickly.

If you did use a hack in Single Player you wouldn't be Vac'd banned but i would recommend restarting and make sure it is not running if you go online (Not a clue if that works) But as others ahve said if you use cheats or anything in SP perk progresion is disabled.

Chris

Upvote 0
My theory is, he wants to use cheats (maybe for leveling purposes) but is afraid to do so because of VAC. I cant think of any other reason for asking about this.

What comes to cheaters in KF, I have seen two aimbotters during err... 2 years? Other one was on a server where I was playing and the other was caught on video by a friend of mine. There was no question about it, both were sharpshooters and scoring perfect headshots with 9mm/M14/crossbow on suicidal/HoE, and all this done ALONE in the middle of the map where specimens attacked from all directions. Not even the best players Ive seen are able to do that without ever moving from the spot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My theory is, he wants to use cheats (maybe for leveling purposes) but is afraid to do so because of VAC. I cant think of any other reason for asking about this.

What comes to cheaters in KF, I have seen two aimbotters during err... 2 years? Other one was on a server where I was playing and the other was caught on video by a friend of mine. There was no question about it, both were sharpshooters and scoring perfect headshots with 9mm/M14/crossbow on suicidal/HoE, and all this done ALONE in the middle of the map where specimens attacked from all directions. Not even the best players Ive seen are able to do that without ever moving from the spot.

yeah moving is kinda essential because when you know its clear infront of you. you will go that way so you dont get jumped by a crawler when turning around.

but I know that there was a cheat/clitch you could do before steam got updated (year back or something) where 1 was available to go into the steam offline content stuff. delete and mesh down a bunch of numbers then you automaticly got level 5. (since there was no level 6 at the time[lol this have to be way back]) pluss all the achievements. I believe today they removed every possible program and easy notepad changing the steam stuff. but again I believe you usually get vac'umd (as I usually call it :p)

Upvote 0