• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A question about acquiring the female character

First off I'd like to thank TWI for finally making and releasing the much wanted female character which many fans have nagged for, however the way in which you are releasing the DLC is shocking because of TW's good gaming ethics and how they have treated us well in the past.

If they released the female DLC for a higher price than normal and then the following female packs at the usual rate, I would have concidered this acceptable.

However when I looked up the KF Gold edition and found that you were asking

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If my knowledge is correct, Iceberg actually paid to have this happen. From what I gather it's a strategy to get them more sales (since a lot of people have obviously already bought the game directly from Steam), and since they actually paid to have it happen you can't really complain how they handle the situation.

Since the technology is now there, we can expect to see more female characters in the future, so be happy about that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If my knowledge is correct, Iceberg actually paid to have this happen. From what I gather it's a strategy to get them more sales (since a lot of people have obviously already bought the game directly from Steam), and since they actually paid to have it happen you can't really complain how they handle the situation.
This is the sort of business practice that some people don't like, that is the issue I think. I am happy trip got a publisher to help them out but alienating your fanbase in any way is still bad, even for something as silly as DLC skins. The consumer feeling screwed is always something to be careful about if you like to keep a good costumer service

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is the sort of business practice that some people don't like, that is the issue I think. I am happy trip got a publisher to help them out but alienating your fanbase in any way is still bad, even for something as silly as DLC skins. The consumer feeling screwed is always something to be careful about if you like to keep a good costumer service

It's better to think of it as Iceberg creating their own content for a game, and then selling the game with that content included. It's not really that far from what has really happened. All TWI have done is add support to the game (perhaps they also created the media - I think they might have done - but in that case you can just think of it as work contracted by Iceberg).

Upvote 0
Why should someone who hasn't been interested in this game for 3 years buy it NOW just because of an exclusive skin!?

On the other hand, who the hell cares ?
I don't own the preorder skins, nor did I buy DLC I'm never gonna use, like the steampunk ones.
People who think they're special because they own every skin/hat/mount/whatever are the ones who make stuff like this worthwile.

Upvote 0
On the other hand, who the hell cares ?

From what I've read here, the steam forums and the steam group a lot of people care about this, the ONLY way (so far) to get this new character is buying another copy of the game, I don't and from what I've read other people don't want too either but would like the 'option' of DLC if possible.

That might happen in time but I think they're missing out on a great opportunity here, the first female character for KF that people do want, take advantage of that and sell both the gold edition and a separate DLC.

When the game was on sale for 85% off the game sold 1 million copies, the DLC sold 2 million according to the stats that Yoshiro posted.

A possible example, my own views not from TWI:

Here at Tripwire we listen to our fans and we know you've been wanting a female character for your favourite game for some time, we are very pleased to announce that alongside the Gold Edition boxed set that will release on June 1st we'll also be giving every Killing Floor player the opportunity to purchase the first ever female character for a limited time 'ONLY'.

This offer will NEVER be repeated so go and grab her while she's hot.

OK the last line is a little corny but you get the idea :p

A missed opportunity that I don't think will have the same effect at a later date.

Upvote 0
If you read one of Yoshiro's posts in the other thread, when this was asked, he stated, that it is up to Iceberg of what they decide and being as this was commissioned by them, the ball is in their court of what they want to do.

You are joking I presume?

Yoshiro said to contact Iceberg to see if the female character would be available as a separate DLC, that's what I did.

I already own the game and have bought all the DLC for it, why should I have to buy the game again to obtain this 'exclusive' character?

TWI know how long players have been asking for a female character and from a business sense I can see why they've done this the way they have but I also think it's a bad move on their part, you don't annoy/irritate a large percentage of your player base by not giving them the option of a separate purchase, this might happen in time but players remember and the next DLC they release might not do as well as they expect.
Ah I do apologise, I missed that one. Too much being said to keep track lol.

Upvote 0
LOL! TWI just signed their own death sentence.

What an up the arse move. TWI will now be known as the smaller version of Activision.

Seriously, and I know the big boss at TWI will read this. Mate, you are in the right job, you are well and truely a greed driven tyrant. The perfect person to run a company. And that aint a compliment. People like you are why the world is on a fast track to armageddon.

Congrats on becoming one of the Gaming Tyrants. You have joined the ranks of EA, Activision and all the rest.

Upvote 0
!

!

I want new female char, The Ball Guy and RO2 soldiers as DLCs I can buy. I own The Ball and I want the char. I will own RO2 and I want respective chars too. I want the Girl as well. Make a deal with Iceberg, so more money can flow. No way I'm buying Gold just for 2 skins. NEVER. Other than that GOLD is a good idea. Good luck. :)

@ WaloWizard
Put your head into the bucket with ice-cold water. You do need it.

Upvote 0
To be honest i dont care about another copy of the game. I wanna be able to get DLC character pack only.

I would gladly pay for Ash Harding as a standalone DLC character. Whether it can be done or not, it's still a valid and reasonable thing to ask for as someone who already owns the game and bought all the previous DLCs and possibly even went as far as to buy extra copies for their friends in the past.

But people shooting off their mouths at Tripwire like they are now is really not cool at all. If that's going to be your attitude, good luck with getting TWI to side with you.

Upvote 0
and Tripwire have already given a promise to us all that we'll recieve female characters available to EVERYONE further down the road.
Can you give link/quote of that promise?
And did you say available to EVERYONE?
I bet you meant available as in we can buy, not like we'll just get it for free?
Sorry, I just don't understand :p

Upvote 0