• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A compliment for TWI

Polshevik

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
So, I have been browsing the FIFA forums checking for a solution to something I had a problem with. While I was searching for anyone sharing my problem I got surprised seeing this in a random thread:
Spoiler!

(Link to the thread: http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/15/1894604.page#19095136)

I am not even sure why, but I didn't realize earlier how grateful we should all be for having such an amazing company developing us such a great game. The fact that the Red Orchestra franchise would be completely ruined if it weren't for the people from the Tripwire that put a lot of heart into their work. Some of us (or is it just me? :( ) forget that if it was another company making this game, we wouldn't be happy owners of RO2 as we know it today.
Our joint struggle and effort make us one of the best communities that ever existed in the gaming arena. :IS2:
WQpRQ.jpg

EDIT: Why can't I embed pictures? :(

Last edited:
Reactions: aesdana
So, I have been browsing the FIFA forums checking for a solution to something I had a problem with. While I was searching for anyone sharing my problem I got surprised seeing this in a random thread:
Why so surprised?

I am not even sure why, but I didn't realize earlier how grateful we should all be for having such an amazing company developing us such a great game.
I agree. I understand throwing stones when something doesn't work - it is a natural human reaction - but it looks like anything TWI will do people will keep throwing stones at them just because the game isn't made to THEIR image. It must be really hard to keep working on their product and read bad things over and over again by the people who mostly put complains, charges and demands on the forums.

Truth is TWI keeps supporting Red Orchestra 2. Not always in a way that will suit anyone but still. We have native voices, new content, patches and fixes to all current maps, multiplayer campaign is being tested, we have Classic mode adjusted to what we said... It has been promised, it was delayed but it comes into the game nevertheless. While all criticism (constructive and civilized) is understandable and justified there is really very little appreciation showed for things TWI does right.

It really takes dedication to the project when all you get are stones and more stones.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sindrio
Upvote 0
I agree. I understand throwing stones when something doesn't work - it is a natural human reaction - but it looks like anything TWI will do people will keep throwing stones at them just because the game isn't made to THEIR image. It must be really hard to keep working on their product and read bad things over and over again by the people who mostly put complains, charges and demands on the forums.

It really takes dedication to the project when all you get are stones and more stones.
Unfortunately that's what's going to happen until RO3 is out, because they divided the community in three different ones. Now you can never please them all at the same time. That's why I think RO3 must have only a single mode and a single community. I really hope they choose the one direction they are going and keep on it, instead of trying to go to several ones at the same time. I've always liked Tripwire, but that's their biggest mistake with RO2 IMHO. One that they can only fix with RO3, as we can't eliminate any of the the modes anymore.

Reactions: aesdana
Upvote 0
Unfortunately that's what's going to happen until RO3 is out, because they divided the community in three different ones. Now you can never please them all at the same time. That's why I think RO3 must have only a single mode and a single community. I really hope they choose the one direction they are going and keep on it, instead of trying to go to several ones at the same time. I've always liked Tripwire, but that's their biggest mistake with RO2 IMHO. One that they can only fix with RO3, as we can't eliminate any of the the modes anymore.

I think its more like 2 communities, or at the very least Action doesn't seem to have any following here, which isnt surprising.

Upvote 0
I disagree with the OP.

In the early days when the game came out i was banned/suspended fro no good reason on a couple of occasions for voicing my opinion.

And the game wasnt fixed for yonks either... and there where very little updates as to what was happening, and it was hella frustrating to alot of people.

The game now is mostly fixed minus some missing elements. And i am reasonably happy so it is easy to forget. (i pretty much did not play for 6 months then came back once it was fixed and some new maps where popping up, that how i solved my frustration)

But still i cant say i am 100% happy, far from it, only 1 new map as official new content in nearly a year from the publisher, very disappointing. It is not all that great dude.

But im sure it will improve in the near term.... the next update sounds interesting.

This is what really disappointed me. having 3 modes of play, game made by commitee.

I liked what they had originally conceived and brang us, but just too many complaints.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Many of us have different views.
I for one believe the game is now pretty close to what I expected and I don't see any split in the community at all.
Everyone on the same browser and choices for everyone on their particular flavour of RO2.

And I have to agree with Holy Death it seems no matter what TWI do they get critized by people who want the game made in their own image..lol

Other than Valve and perhaps Bohemia, I see no other FPS Developer that actually supports their games over the sort of timescales that TWI does at present.
Which was why I first became interested in TWI games.
But some in this community just don't know a good thing when they see it.
Personally I would not blame TWI from walking away from shooters completely, surely easier than putting up with so much crap from so few people..RO3, why bother if your going to get nothing but crap for a year after release from more of the "dis-enchanted minority".

TWI must get sick and tired of reading posts from players who tell us all they have stopped playing RO2 because they hate it or it did not live upto their expectations or even it was not what TWI promised!!..(I love that one..lol)
Not just once but multiple times..

OK well if its their choice and their opinion then thats fine with me but I am left wondering "so why are they posting here?"..lol
If you have stopped playing the game, then move on and stop wasting your time and effort posting about a game you no longer play...lol..
It seems a more than a little sad to me..Just Move on, let it go, try a new game..lol..:D

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike_Nomad
Upvote 0
Many of us have different views.
I for one believe the game is now pretty close to what I expected and I don't see any split in the community at all.

--------- snip --------

OK well if its their choice and their opinion then thats fine with me but I am left wondering "so why are they posting here?"..lol

If you have stopped playing the game, then move on and stop wasting your time and effort posting about a game you no longer play...lol..

It seems a more than a little sad to me..Just Move on, let it go, try a new game..lol..:D

Excellent suggestion. Most are tired of reading the same old same old from the same old disgruntled few who do not play but seem to enjoy the game of "let's disrupt the forums". It truly is time they either moved on or got with the program.

I am honestly enjoying RO2 to no end.... sure, there's a few things I'd like to see adjusted. However, I'll not attempt to throw the forums into chaos simply to get my way. Nor will I flood the forums with "off the wall" nonsense just to get thread response counts. I think we've all had enough of that. If what I ask for is feasible, it'll happen if not - so be it. The game is still a fun game.

Upvote 0