• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
The way I see it, either you are an elaborate troll (and if that is the case, bravo kind sir; you certainly fooled me), or you have no real comprehension of the arguments being used against you.

Troll is just an abused word and a bad excuse.

I think my question is valid, then the 4 less arrows makes no sense with regards to just referring to ammoboxes. It is nothing but a rash decision.

Upvote 0
Seems that it's significant enough for someone to create a thread about it...

I've got a lot more questions about strange gameplay decisions and inconsistencies in KF, like:

Firebug's flames can hurt him until his level is high enough. Demo gets explosion resistance, but still can explode his butt at all times. Hand grenades can hurt players that throw them.
Why then berserker can't be hurt by his bouncing saw blades? And why support can't be hurt by bouncing nails from vlad?

Siren's scream is able to obliterate hand grenades, LAW rockets and pipe bombs. Why it doesn't work on M79/M32 grenades? Also, screaming siren can destroy husk's projectile when it's shot by a husk, but not player's husk cannon projectile.

Is there a particular reason why only the hand grenades can damage doors? I mean, at least other explosives should be able to do so as well.

Why all the weapons 9mm/shotgun/combat shotgun share the same flashlight battery?

Why sharpshooter gets reloading speed bonus for dual flareguns?

Why fleshpounds take 200% damage from medic grenades?

At level 6, firebug has 100% fire resistance, but still can be hurt by standing near flaming stuff on maps. Zerk, however cannot.

And so on.

You make many good points actually!

The ones that stand out the most to me and that are truly peculiar are that fb lv 6 still gets hurt from flames and that medicnades can hurt fp.

I know this have been posted about before, but i still have to see with my own eyes in real gameplay that fp gets hurt from medicnades...and 200 %?

Upvote 0
The 4 less just to oblige the ammobox-count is pointless as well...

Why could it not instead have been 42? Would it have made the xbow OP?
Changing a weapon's total ammo capacity because of its ammo pickups is neither pointless nor cosmetic, though I have a feeling you wouldn't care for the exact explanation. Regardless of why the crossbow's ammo was changed years ago, if you think it should be increased now, give at least one good reason for doing it. Your somehow having less fun isn't one, and your comparison of the crossbow and the LAW isn't valid, as was pointed out above.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Changing a weapon's total ammo capacity because of its ammo pickups is neither pointless nor cosmetic, though I have a feeling you wouldn't care for the exact explanation. Regardless of why the crossbow's ammo was changed years ago, if you think it should be increased now, give at least one good reason for doing it. Your somehow having less fun isn't one, and your comparison of the crossbow and the LAW isn't valid, as was pointed out above.

Increase?

It would not be an increase, if the ammo-count was set back to 40 again.

It has nothing to do with fun either.

I just view it as an unjustified change. It would in that case be more of a moral matter. A person with already little gets even less! Why bash the poor man already? The Xbow is not OP anymore, so why ranson the ammo?

To teach the player to only do hedshots and make every shot count?

I have been in such situations and if i would miss a headshot on sc or fp, Holy crap?, i feel grief because of the less ammo i now have to deal with.

So , there is no room for errors? Any arrow must be a headshot? I hate having to use more than 2 arrows to kill a sc on HoE and it happens or that i do not kill a husk with one arrow. The 4 arrows matter!

I do not understand your counterarguments either? Do you mean that you never miss a headshot and that you always end up with extra arrows at the end of e.g. wave 10 on HoE with full team...even if more than one sharp lv 6?

This has nothing to do with L2P, bla, bla, bla..

The arrows are so holy because they are so few. It is outrageous to have to use one single arrow to kill trash... Arrows are meant for sc, fp, husk and siren with that bugged hitbox ( even worse waste of arrows ).

Nah, just a bad gameplay-decision! Was never any reason! Change the ammocount for the ammoboxes instead...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Siren's scream is able to obliterate hand grenades, LAW rockets and pipe bombs. Why it doesn't work on M79/M32 grenades?
It does work on M79/M32 grenades, just very rarely because they move so fast.
The Xbow is not OP anymore, so why ranson the ammo?

To teach the player to only do hedshots and make every shot count?
Well that's basically the point of Sharpshooter, so...

Hell on Earth is supposed to be challenging. A low ammo count is part of that. If you had loads of Crossbow arrows so you could comfortably kill every Scrake, Siren, Fleshpound and Husk then there wouldn't be much of a challenge. Part of the challenge is managing your ammo. Even increasing the current ammo by 4 might be too much. Balance can be a subtle thing.

Also, I'll say this again, in reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally big letters so you can't miss it.

THE CROSSBOW IS NOT MEANT TO KILL FLESHPOUNDS. FLESHPOUNDS ARE WEAK TO EXPLOSIVES BECAUSE DEMOS ARE SUPPOSED TO DEAL WITH THEM.

This is a TEAM game, with different perks that do different jobs, and the Sharpshooter is not supposed to be a crazy Fleshpound killer, hence the massive nerf to Crossbow headshots against them on Hell on Earth and Suicidal. Let the Demo/Support deal with them, and focus on the Scrakes, Sirens and Husks.

Upvote 0
It does work on M79/M32 grenades, just very rarely because they move so fast.

Well that's basically the point of Sharpshooter, so...

Hell on Earth is supposed to be challenging. A low ammo count is part of that. If you had loads of Crossbow arrows so you could comfortably kill every Scrake, Siren, Fleshpound and Husk then there wouldn't be much of a challenge. Part of the challenge is managing your ammo. Even increasing the current ammo by 4 might be too much. Balance can be a subtle thing.

Also, I'll say this again, in reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally big letters so you can't miss it.

THE CROSSBOW IS NOT MEANT TO KILL FLESHPOUNDS. FLESHPOUNDS ARE WEAK TO EXPLOSIVES BECAUSE DEMOS ARE SUPPOSED TO DEAL WITH THEM.

This is a TEAM game, with different perks that do different jobs, and the Sharpshooter is not supposed to be a crazy Fleshpound killer, hence the massive nerf to Crossbow headshots against them on Hell on Earth and Suicidal. Let the Demo/Support deal with them, and focus on the Scrakes, Sirens and Husks.

And the majority agrees with you?

Sharps still kill fp with LAR, musket or M14...though you have to have nimble fingers and aim... Ouch, my fingers ache! Just like when there was no autofire for katana! Heeeh!

Hell, killing fp with M14 on testmap is not easy at all. You have to hit contionusly during the whole phase from prerage, rage and charge...or he will manage to hit you.

Yep, none of the sharp

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I do not understand your counterarguments either? Do you mean that you never miss a headshot and that you always end up with extra arrows at the end of e.g. wave 10 on HoE with full team...even if more than one sharp lv 6?
I asked you to give a good reason to change the current ammo amount, which wasn't an argument. You haven't, by the way. I also didn't say that I never miss. However, if I were to generalise from my own experience, including playing as a low-level shaprshooter on Hell on Earth with a full team, the current number of bolts is perfectly fine. In a situation where I think I might run out, such as when it's wave 10, or when I'm the only shaprshooter in a full game, or when I'm playing with faked players, I simply try to be more careful with the ammo and use handguns more.

Maybe we should sign a petition?
Sure, as long as there are options to further reduce the crossbow's total capacity and to fix its disgustingly high rate of fire.

Upvote 0
I asked you to give a good reason to change the current ammo amount, which wasn't an argument. You haven't, by the way. I also didn't say that I never miss. However, if I were to generalise from my own experience, including playing as a low-level shaprshooter on Hell on Earth with a full team, the current number of bolts is perfectly fine. In a situation where I think I might run out, such as when it's wave 10, or when I'm the only shaprshooter in a full game, or when I'm playing with faked players, I simply try to be more careful with the ammo and use handguns more.

Sure, as long as there are options to further reduce the crossbow's total capacity and to fix its disgustingly high rate of fire.

Ok, then you did not understand what i wrote...

Besides that, "disgustingly high rate of fire"... Does this mean that you are implying the Xbow to still be in the category of OP, despite earlier nerfs? That would just be so funny! That anything in KF goes as being OP? Haaaah! So funny!

I already constantly hear complaints on servers that the flarepistol is OP with or without perk. This OP-whining never stops... Geeeeez! That is so annoying, that someone keeps complaining during gameplay that a weapon used is OP. Daaaamn!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Uhhh. Nope. Fleshpounds were in game from the beginning. Demo class wasn't. Xbow is the safest way to kill FP as a sharpshooter, as it requires only basic aiming skill. Also, even when FP turns around while playing rage animation, bolts can still hit his head due to penetration, while M14/LAR/Piston sharpies are screwed. Killing FP by Xbow sharp is much cleaner (no smokescreen like when demo does it) and foolproof (one siren in the vicinity won't ruin the combo, as can happen with support), not to mention that it's cheaper in the terms of ammo.

Also, writing with bigger letters won't make your point more accurate.

I do agree that current xbow ammo count is more than enough for hoe game. The only time I manage to run out of it is when I land in clueless pub team and I have to kill every biggie in a wave myself, plus some husks.

And a side note for Maddoxx: you only need 3 bolts for FP's and 1 for scrakes. They can be easily finished with HC, for example. Hell, you can even kill a scrake with just any dual pistols without taking any damage. Also, you can jump-kill trash with bolts and collect them immediately afterwards, all wave long.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok, then you did not understand what i wrote...
Gee, sorry. My brain can't handle so many exclamation and question marks and ellipses. Seriously though, if you're not actually trolling, you might as well be. Before abandoning this thread, I'm just going to mention that the crossbow's high rate of fire and the flare revolver's high impact damage are both due to bugs.

Upvote 0
The ammo pool got decreased by 4 because:
1- Playstation 4
2- Left 4 Dead (2)
3- 4 Seasons from spring to winter
4- Placeholder number 4
5- 1/4 = 25%
6- It is the year 2014. Next year the XBOW will have 35 ammo pool instead of 36!

Thanks for reading this useless information. Have a killing day.
Still made more sense than Maddoxx ;)

Upvote 0
Exactly!

Then TWI should change the count to 42, because 36 is not much and let alone 40. They are not rockets like the LAW.
I see what you're saying, but for all we know someone would've come on here saying "Why did they buff Xbow??"
The way I see it is that they wanted to do something about it, and it ddidn't matter which thing they did (kinda like when two people are trying to go around eachother and can't decide which way to turn) so they just picked one.

Upvote 0
Sharps still kill fp with LAR, musket or M14...though you have to have nimble fingers and aim... Ouch, my fingers ache! Just like when there was no autofire for katana! Heeeh!

Hell, killing fp with M14 on testmap is not easy at all. You have to hit contionusly during the whole phase from prerage, rage and charge...or he will manage to hit you.

Yep, none of the sharp

Upvote 0
Yes, M14 probably should be nerfed. :p It is reasonably obvious to me that the Demo is designed to kill Fleshpounds, not the Sharpshooter!
Come on now, both musket and M14 more so require some skill/practice to reliably kill fleshpounds. Was support designed to kill FPs? Well, he does kill FPs, and so easily any newb can pull it off if somebody just tells him what to do.

Sure demos exist, but... so what?

og]angokandgboanb oitah]ota wrgn4qgj43g
Thank you for you post

Upvote 0