• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3 cheers for Tripwire's 1031 update!!

masteriamamind

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Evil Lair
Just got a chance to update KF today. The new update is great!! Not simply because its new weapons or a chance to finish achievements. Its pure fan service!! It has a multitude of requests people have been asking for in the forums for awhile! All you forum vets could easily trace these:

1.bug fixes
2.Claymore sword
3.Husk Cannon(Spiked damage for the Firebug)
4.Magnum (gunslinger perk idea)
5. M16 type of rifle (the M4 )
6. Another medic weapon (totally changes the medic class for HOE. Same weapon key designation is a must for rapid healing)

I could go on and gush about the update. Just these few things I pointed out show that Tripwire really listens and cares. They did all this while releasing a new game. Tripwire endures our endless complaints and still takes suggestions to heart. So just say thanks!

P.S.
If you have the dosh, support Tripwire by purchasing character packs

Reactions: borsdy
M16 type of rifle (the M4 )

rome_thumbs_down.jpg

Other than that, it's preety God damn awesome.

Upvote 0
Other than that, it's preety God damn awesome.

I see you regularly bash the M16, but you have no weapons experience as far as I can tell from any of your posts. Other than spouting mainstream crap about the weapon, what do you have against it? I really am curious, as you have really stated no reason for your beliefs.

(Yeah, the first model was crap, but they are decent now.)

Reactions: Spicy
Upvote 0
weapons experience

Who care about that in a game? Weapons in Killing Floor aren't made to reflect their real-life counterparts. We have Red Orchestra for that. It's more a case of what is aesthetically pleasing. If we had so many weapons in the game that looked extremely similar, it'd be pretty awful IMO. The M4 was a good addition to KF as there wasn't currently any weapon in KF like the M4, but I believe that if any weapons are to be added after the M4, super-modern or not, they should not be anything like the M4 we already have. No HK416s, no M16s, no Arma-lite guff. Anything else, yes, unless it's like an AK variant or something. We already have one of those.

Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
I see you regularly bash the M16, but you have no weapons experience as far as I can tell from any of your posts. Other than spouting mainstream crap about the weapon, what do you have against it? I really am curious, as you have really stated no reason for your beliefs.

(Yeah, the first model was crap, but they are decent now.)

Believe it or not I do in fact have experience with small arms.
I have fired many firearms in my life, most of them being shotguns tough.
As far as I can recall I've fired M4A1 (with the SOPMOD kit if I recall correctly), G3A4, M16A2, HK417, M1911A1 and USP .45 along with my dad's Franchi 48-AL and Falconet.
My biggest flaw in regards with knowledge in portable firearms is the way specific rounds behave, especialy while penetrating stuff as proven by my basic knowledge shown on the subject a while ago on a thread about the MP7's round.

I forced my dad to let me fire the AR's more than he wanted to see how good they where and I noticed that their engineering and design are superb but in the end can end up betraying you in a real-life battle (I am more specificly talking about the jamming buisness). The man who owned said weapons is a great friend of my dad and told us that all the weapons where in very good condition and where clean, something I noticed right away when I picked them up. This is what made me so *****y about them because they jammed constantly.

Upvote 0
I like the M4 myself.

It's bascially an alternative weapon to the Ak-47, similar stats, with subtle differences. It doesn't really add much to the Commando, and it doesn't take away anything either...

The community is always saying the Commando is the most perfectly balanced class in the game, and the M4 does nothing to alter that. It merely gives players an alternative weapon to use if they prefer. So why would you want to risk destroying that with a much greater varied weapon?

3 Cheers for the new update indeed... although the claymore annoys the crap outta me.

EDIT: Scratch that, the Claymore is fine, the Berserker annoys the crap out of me... but you already knew that :)

Reactions: Spicy
Upvote 0
I think whether or not you like all the new weapons, we can all agree that TWI is brilliant for supporting their game so long. Any other developer would have moved on to shoveling out a new incarnation of the same game year after year, but TWI gives us free patches and free content year after year.

WHAT ABOUT TF2

Oh right you meant quality support

And yet I have 2,500 hours in that mess of a game

Reactions: Undedd Jester
Upvote 0
I forced my dad to let me fire the AR's more than he wanted to see how good they where and I noticed that their engineering and design are superb but in the end can end up betraying you in a real-life battle (I am more specificly talking about the jamming buisness). The man who owned said weapons is a great friend of my dad and told us that all the weapons where in very good condition and where clean, something I noticed right away when I picked them up. This is what made me so *****y about them because they jammed constantly.

Alright but seeing as your weapon will never jam in KF that's really not at all relevant to the game. You have no reason to complain about the M4 other than to be a whiny brat.

Upvote 0
Ain't nothing wrong with an M4! It jams more, but not enough to say it jams all the time. Plus, SAS uses the M4A1 (most nations have a healthy inventory of M4's, not their main infantry weapon, but are very much liked by Special forces), so i'd say the M4 belongs in killing floor more than the AK does, being as I don't think a spec ops would be packing an AK unless on a very specific mission.

But AR-15 over saturation is a very real and very dangerous thing in video games, so we'll be fine without any more of them. so if we ever need a new spam cannon, It should certainly not be an AR-15 or AK, maybe not even a 5.56 or 7.62X39
maybe a 6.8?
maybe a new assault rifle chambered in 6.8 SPC?
how many non AR-15 rifles are there in 6.8? like maybe, I dunno, one or two?
hmmm, if only there was one?

... I'm saying add the Robinson XCR, and I'll go nuts.

Upvote 0