• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

2 Ideas: Stolen Vehicles / Destroy Environment

sry but using enemy vehicles is unrealistic bull.....

yes there were captured vehicles in active service, but those have been picked up after a battle and then was beeing transported to a machineshop where it was repainted/modified/repaired to each armies standard

or do you believe a tankman wich cannot read russian/german will just hop in a enemy tank and drive off like a pro?

i totally agree on #2 tho

also you should be able to lob a grenade into an HT, but they also should be able to lob it back out again :)

Upvote 0
sry but using enemy vehicles is unrealistic bull.....

yes there were captured vehicles in active service, but those have been picked up after a battle and then was beeing transported to a machineshop where it was repainted/modified/repaired to each armies standard

or do you believe a tankman wich cannot read russian/german will just hop in a enemy tank and drive off like a pro?

I know it is like you say... but lets give it an opportunity...

What about increasing the load and moviments time when you get an enemy vehicle. That can make it a little realistic.

Just think about how funny can it be...

Upvote 0
Stealing a enemy tank perhaps isn't realistic. But stealing a car or truck isn't at all. That's no crap and we need it. There's no reason why a german driver shouldn't be able to drive a russian car or vice versa.

This makes the most sense. Stealing enemy tanks sounds "gamey" and I personally wouldn't like it, but civilian type vehicles not so much. Maybe just those types with some sort of adjustment delay.

However, I will say I don't think acquiring enemy vehicles is necessary for the game, the way Ostfront portrays it now is perfectly fine.

Upvote 0
We have no factory to paint a tank and I woldn't like it in this game... hard role to be painting tanks :D, but it was common to use them by the enemy forces....

[URL]http://www.achtungpanzer.com/ct.htm[/URL]
[URL]http://www.achtungpanzer.com/ctpic2.htm[/URL]
[URL]http://www.achtungpanzer.com/panzerkampfwagen-t-34r-soviet-t-34-in-german-service.htm[/URL]

And some more...

[URL]http://www.fun-online.sk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=945[/URL]

There is a history about a US tank token by the german forces to lead an attack "in the moment" with the US star on it... but cant find out if it is true or not...

P.D.
Interesting book...

http://books.google.com/books?id=47...ig=WHr7CE0JOwDp6c0SjeVSzQ3Zo9A&hl=es#PPA12,M1

I FOUND IT....

Private Sadi Schneid of the 2nd SS Panzer Division gripped his Mauser and clung to the back of the Panther tank. The German tank column was moving slowly down the road, straight toward the American positions in Manhay. In its lead was a captured American Sherman tank. Would the Americans be fooled? Or would they open fire on the Germans, sitting ducks bunched together on the road? The night was dark; perhaps the ruse would work.
The German column rolled straight into Manhay, unchallenged. Suddenly shots broke out. One of the German tanks opened fire. Panic broke out as Americans everywhere scattered and ran. A whistle blew. Schneid and his companions leapt off the tank and spread out, firing at fleeing Americans. The fight was short; the Americans were completely routed. They abandoned all their equipment, their trucks and guns and tanks. Schneid and his friends laughed; this was too easy.
"Back on the tanks! We've got to keep moving!" came the order, and once again they were rumbling down the road to another American defensive position. Speed was their greatest protector; if they reached the next roadblock ahead of the refugees from the first roadblock, the trick would work again. Once again they were right on top of the roadblock before the Americans recognized them; once again they routed the green troops and captured all their equipment.
But now a new order came: spread out in defensive positions. Schneid and other eager SS troopers gathered around a command tank, frustrated and angry. Why couldn't they push on now that they had the Americans on the run?
"Not enough gas," a sturmbahnfuhrer explained. "The rest of the division is stuck a few kilometers behind us. We've got to wait for them to get enough gas to catch up."

http://www.stiwotforum.nl/viewtopic.php?t=7259&sid=6b6324c056b4ffa9378fc31d0b1f260b

Last edited:
Upvote 0
machoman... what do you want to tell us with your post?

that both sides used captured equitment?
i think we all know that

i was just pointing out that capturing an enemy tank with that you are NOT familliar at all, and wich requires at last a few hours of training to get used to, to really operatze it in any useable manner is probably not done in the heat of battle

if you want to hop into a enemy tank and drive right away you can still play the BF series ;) (yes i know that there are a few seconds delay in the BF series)

Upvote 0
LemoN said:
Yes, exactly!

Foo'bar said:
Stealing a enemy tank perhaps isn't realistic. But stealing a car or truck isn't at all. That's no crap and we need it. There's no reason why a german driver shouldn't be able to drive a russian car or vice versa.
Err.. no, that is pure Unreal tournament behavior ("car-jacked".wav).....You do not in the middle of a battle suddenly spot a vehicle and take it upon your self to walk up to an enemy vehicle and "steal it" (very battlefield 42) You would either have a death wish or be incredibly stupid since you no idea of the condition or purpose of the enemy vehicle in the area could be full of explosives, have no breaks,no keys, leaking fuel tank, cats in the engine, or have a truck load of tyfus cases. Not only that you would probably get tried as a deserter when you run away from your squad and disobey orders (ignoring the objectives) to go off on your little car steeling quest. Which is why realistically after the battle any equipment including vehicles under went inspection by those in charge then if found useful conscripted into service later after they were considered "fit to operate" . Its a question of saftey as well as standardization* (fuel,caliber,spare parts,ect.) for those using these "captured" vehicles soldiers/tankers/pilots are valuable.
yank4inset.jpg

*Even if the vehicles is totally fine that does not mean it would be used there may not be a need for it or the type of fuel/parts/bullets/ect. it uses is not compatable to what is commonly used on the standard vehicles,ect.

Machoman said:
In its lead was a captured American Sherman tank.
No doubt painted with Iron crosses// or other recognition symbols they did something very similar in Kursk (that's the 3rd time I brought up Kursk) with a T-34 took awhile for the Soviets to figure it out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I know it is like you say... but lets give it an opportunity...

What about increasing the load and moviments time when you get an enemy vehicle. That can make it a little realistic.

Just think about how funny can it be...

Sorry but IMO this is out of question. Using enemy vehicles is NOT realistic at all. There are many things that can be fun in RO including shooting lazer beams out of our eyes but they shouldn't be there.

Upvote 0