• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. [Mad_Murdock]

Hello (again) everyone!

Hi guys, Murdock here. Its been a few years since my last post but with the release of RS2 coming up I wanted to pop back in and say hi. I've been pretty busy these last few years but hopefully I can get involved in the community again. Looking forward to seeing you guys around, especially the...
  2. [Mad_Murdock]

[Game] Best RTS Evar!

My collection of RTSs is getting kind of stale and I was looking for something new to hold me over until Rome 2: TW is released. Nenjin "suggested" I start a new thread so I figured I would ask you guys. What RTSs do you enjoy and why? Doesn't matter how old they are, just what was some of your...
  3. [Mad_Murdock]

Favorite sandbox game world?

Just had a random question pop up in my head and I thought I would ask you guys. What is your favorite sandbox and why? I am thinking in terms of atmosphere, interactivity, and things like that. Not the gameplay/story, but just the world. I think my current two top favorites are the wasteland...
  4. [Mad_Murdock]

So it's finally over.

Dunno why but I just wanted to share with you guys. I took my last school final today, so after spending 17 years in the system I am finally receiving my M.S. in Mechanical Engineering on Monday. It hasn't really hit me yet, but I'm finally done with school. At least for a while. Ought to go...
  5. [Mad_Murdock]

Essays On America

Hi guys, I need your help. I remember seeing a book a while back, perhaps it was mentioned here on the forums, but I don't remember. In any case, it is a collection of essays about America, i.e. the USA, written by a communist immigrant from the USSR. The back story goes that he immigrated from...
  6. [Mad_Murdock]

Help with new system

Hi guys, I put together a new system a few months ago (Feb), but I really haven't had the time to play around with it as much as I wanted due to a combination of work and graduate school. I've been running a few tests on it recently as I have some free time coming up at the end of this quarter...
  7. [Mad_Murdock]

[Error] RO does not make it to splash screen?

So I have an odd problem with RO2. I recently upgraded my system and just got around to installing it this weekend. Now when I go to start the game, the Steam window pops up saying 'Launching RO2…', stops any downloads, and then… nothing. The steam window disappears and it resumes my downloads...
  8. [Mad_Murdock]

New Monitor Setup

I am not sure if this is the right place to post, but I figured I would give it a shot. Mods please move if this is in the wrong place. In any case, I have just gotten my hands on a new monitor, a samsung S23A350H, and I have been trying to calibrate it for a day now with no luck. Mainly I am...
  9. [Mad_Murdock]

Top-Off animation broken for MN91/30 on TE-Apartments, repeats endlessly

Catagory: Code/Animation 1.) Join Beta server with TE-Apartments 2.) Join Allies 3.) Select rifleman class 4.) Shoot partial magazine 5.) Hit reload key Reproducibility: For me, always. Summary: Reloads/top off does not work on TE-Apartments for Allies Rifle, sticks in animation, no rounds...
  10. [Mad_Murdock]

Dx10

I thought its about time i educated myself on this thorny subject. Someone said something a while back in a game of FH, that you don't need Vista for DX10, and i was wondering if someone might be able to second that? Also, like, what exactly is different between DX9 and DX10 to warrant an...
  11. [Mad_Murdock]

SVT40 skin

So, is there any chance of changing the regular SVT skin to the Sniper SVT skin, because the regular one is just way too orange to be realistic.
  12. [Mad_Murdock]

Monitor Speakers

First of all i'm not sure if this is the right section so feel free to move this where appropriate. Anyways, i just moved my PC, and i had to leave my speakers behind, now instead of going out and wasting my precious money on a new set(because if i buy speakers separate i'm damn well getting a...
  13. [Mad_Murdock]

Looking for a Tank Sim/Game

Well, maybe not really a sim, mebbe just a tank game. Does anyone know of one newer than the old M1 game for Win95? The only thing that really comes to mind is ArmA, in which case i'm gonna have to wait for ArmA2 because this one was a disappointment. What I mean is something along the lines...
  14. [Mad_Murdock]

Patch/Game 2 Movement

Now the reason this involves whatever is next for TWI is because i'm 99% sure this cannot be done on Unreal 2. Anyways, i remember a while ago there was a post somewhere that suggested we take the cover movement a la Gears of War, now before the flamewar begins, hear me out. I am not...
  15. [Mad_Murdock]

AA/AF ATI Card

Ok i have a feeling this is being addressed in the upcoming patch, but for the time being. I'm having an odd little problem with RO and AA/AF, anyways I run an x1800xt and ATI cards as you very well know come with a config utility. Anyways, RO seems to ignore any AA/AF input from my vid card...
  16. [Mad_Murdock]

X1800xt and DX10

Does anyone here know if an ATI x1800xt supports DX10, cause it doesnt say on the box so i'm guessing it doesnt, but i was hoping someone with more experience could help me out, cause i'm upgrading this summer, and i'm already paying way more than expected because i might need a new...
  17. [Mad_Murdock]

Level Design Help(2 questions)?

I have been working on a couple of maps in my spare time, theyre nowhere near done yet, but look promising. One is an all-indoor map (with vehicles, lol), of a factory. And the other one is a suburb, this one is kind of reminiscent of the french villages on the western front so i dont know how...
  18. [Mad_Murdock]

Avs-26/svt-38/PTRS

Basically, as the title says, I was wondering if we would ever get to see either of these in-game. I dont know about the AVS(its a 15 round, semi/full auto SVT-looking carbine), it seems to be more of a pre-war thing, but the SVT-38 could be an interesting toy. The thing is, its basically the...
  19. [Mad_Murdock]

Next Patch = Huge?

I dont know if anyone else has been thinking this but with the next patch so long in development I'm starting to think theres something special goin down. Like I have heard about hoodless sights on k98s, but that couldnt take so long so, any thoughts or something? If someone has any info on...
  20. [Mad_Murdock]

Decals/Bodies/Bulletholes

Everyone keeps saying that making them(decals/bulletholes/bodies) stay longer would really hurt performance, well, i dont see why, so if anyone can tell me what i can mess with, filewise, to change the timers on these things so i can test it out, i'd really appreciate it, i've found the...