• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

So it's finally over.

[Mad_Murdock]

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 28, 2006
Dunno why but I just wanted to share with you guys. I took my last school final today, so after spending 17 years in the system I am finally receiving my M.S. in Mechanical Engineering on Monday.

It hasn't really hit me yet, but I'm finally done with school. At least for a while. Ought to go pick up something nice for myself, actually I think I'm gonna go get an SVT-40 I found at a local shop of all places. Graduation present :)

doooo iiiitt.

Just as a small note, strip it down and clean the gas system, with the bolt back or out of the gun you should be able to pull the rod back, then you're going to want to use a small wrench/spanner to unscrew the 6 ish cm endpeice and pull the assmebly off the rifle. Lots of people miss fully cleaning this area so its good to go over it and thoroughly clean it. ( specially if you're banging out the milsurp ammo which is now 225 - 880 rnds in Canada, so why the F not! )

Upvote 0
Thanks guys!

I know you have a job lined up.. Even though the economy here is in the tank, M.E.'s are in high demand.

I wish, lol, I thought I would, almost all my friends from the program do, but it hasn't really happened for me. Im still employed as some kind of weird intern/temp/***** at a local aluminum plant.

Congrats. I'm at my 14th year, can't even begin to imagine what the day it'll all be over and done with feels like. :x

I wish I could tell you man. I haven't really FELT it yet, i dunno, feel the same as I did last week :)

But hang in there man, it'll be nice. And no more homework. That's my favorite part about working so far, once you're done for the day, you're done for the day and it all stays at work.

Congratulations, it feels really good not have to read another school book ever again if you don't want to :)

But don't buy a bloody rifle you fool; get drunk, and travel to see the world!

It does, gives me a chance to actually read for fun. I haven't done that in ages!

And that was the original plan, but moneys tighter than I thought it would be, so I went with my second choice :)

Upvote 0