• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Insert Name Here

PC Some old bugs (along with a couple of fixes)

I put together a package with test bench mutators that demonstrate a couple of bugs and also what I did to fix them. >>>DOWNLOAD HERE<<< BugFixMod.u goes in your Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Published\BrewedPC folder. Follow the instructions in the included README. This shows fixes...
  2. Insert Name Here

PC [v1085 beta] Ion Thruster does not maintain ultimate charge when dropped

Category: Code Reproducibility: Always Summary: The Ion Thruster loses it ultimate charge when dropped and picked up again. Description: The issue is with KFGameContent.KFWeap_Edged_IonThruster. It does not override SetupDroppedPickup() to transfer the current ultimate charge to the newly...
  3. Insert Name Here

PC Two AF2011-A1 odd ammo count bugs

Category: Code Reproducibility: Always Summary: When dual-wielding AF2011-A1's, dropping one can result in both pistols having an odd number of rounds in both pistols. Description: To reproduce with Dual AF2011-A1: Fire the pistols such that magazine ammo count is not divisible by 4 (30...
  4. Insert Name Here

PC I'm pretty sure I figured out the invisible Bloat mine bug

A while ago, I posted my findings on the invisible Bloat mine bug (including what I think was the cause). Recently, I asked kittenmittens if TWI had any updates. Apparently, they think I'm onto something, but they need a consistent repro before they can implement my suggested fixes. Because of...
  5. Insert Name Here

PC ScriptWarning Log spam during Hold Zone objective

Category: Code Reproducibility: Always Summary: The log file is spammed with out-of-bounds array access errors during the Hold Zone objective so long as the "Too Few Players" and "Too Many Zeds" reminders aren't on cooldown. Description: Here is an example log from Zed Landing's Hold Zone...
  6. Insert Name Here

Merge Survival and Objective in post-game map vote list

In the beta, there's currently a bug which changes servers to Objective mode when playing Steam Fortress, as the map defaults to Objective mode. My suggestion is half-bug-fix, half-QoL: for servers/solo games that default to Survival or Objective, put maps of both types in the map list, with...
  7. Insert Name Here

PC [v1080 Beta] Custom weapons no longer give dosh on zed kills

Category: Code Reproducibility: Always Summary: In the beta, mod weapons no longer give dosh on zed kills. Description: This is caused by a new validation function added to KFGame.KFPawn in the beta, ValidateDamageForDamageHistory(). In the function above it, UpdateDamageHistory() (about...
  8. Insert Name Here

PC Zed's headless bleed out time is 5 seconds regardless of HeadlessBleedOutTime

Category: Code Reproducibility: Always Summary: All zeds have a headless bleed out time of 5 seconds regardless of what their HeadlessBleedOutTime variable is set to. Description: The issue is in KFGame.KFPawn_Monster, function HitZoneInjured() (about lines 3714-3750, v1080 SDK). The...
  9. Insert Name Here

PC Reload swing speed exploit still active for heavy melee attacks

Category: Code Reproducibility: Always Summary: Using the reload key allows melee weapon heavy attacks to be used faster than intended. Description: To reproduce this with any melee weapon: Start heavy attack. Hit reload key. Start heavy attack again. The problem code is in...
  10. Insert Name Here

Request for function documentation (plus some of my experiences and speculation)

A couple of weeks ago, Tripwire held an AMAA on the /r/killingfloor subreddit. One of the questions I asked had to do with documenting certain native functions. The response stated that we could put in requests, but no promises. As such, here are some of my specific requests, along with my...
  11. Insert Name Here

Weapon group priorities need to be looked at

A couple of months ago, I wrote a report for a bunch of minor bugs, the last one of which regarded weapon group priorities. These priorities are used to sort the weapons within their respective categories, but due to some of the unusual values, this leads to ordering issues. A couple of examples...
  12. Insert Name Here

PC Inconsistency in secondary ammo HUD display between M16-M203 and HM-501

Category: Code Reproducibility: Always Summary: The M16-M203 and HM-501 Medic Grenade Launcher differ in how their secondary ammo is displayed in the HUD. The M16-M203 displays total ammo while the HM-501 displays spare ammo. Description: The M16-M203 uses KFGame.KFWeapon's default...
  13. Insert Name Here

PC (v1076 Beta) Previous weapon key can now switch to Syringe

Category: Code Reproducibility: Always Summary: You can now switch to the Syringe using the "Previous Weapon" key if you had it equipped before. Description: The issue centers around the new bStorePreviouslyEquipped variable in KFGame.KFWeapon. While the Welder has this set to false, the...
  14. Insert Name Here

PC ScriptWarning Log spam when using Pulverizer explosive attack

Category: Code Reproducibility: Always Summary: When using the Pulverizer's explosive attack, the log gets spammed with 'Accessed array out of bounds' ScriptWarnings. Description: For one example of this: [0116.48] ScriptWarning: Accessed array 'KFWeap_Blunt_Pulverizer_0.UpgradeFireModes' out...
  15. Insert Name Here

PC A couple of crashing bugs

Category: Editor Reproducibility: Always? Summary: Using certain date formats crashes the editor (haven't tried this with the game). Description: Recently, I changed my Windows date format to a custom one, "d Mmm yyyy", using spaces (e.g. today would be "6 Jan 2019"). When I tried to launch...
  16. Insert Name Here

PC A whole bunch of minor bugs

(Note: all of these are on v1075 SDK) Category: Code Reproducibility: Always Summary: You cannot pick up a second pistol if ammo is full on your single pistol and instead get a "Your ammo is full" message. Description: The offending code is in KFGame.KFWeapon function DenyPickupQuery()...
  17. Insert Name Here

PC A couple of small Flash HUD bugs related to objectives on Santa's Workshop

Category: Code Reproducibility: Always Summary: The Objective HUD does not show for players who join a game mid-wave and spectate. Description: Here's a picture showing this in action: Looking through the logs for any clues, I found this script warning: [0087.42] ScriptWarning: Accessed...
  18. Insert Name Here

PC Two issues with Cart health bar UI becoming hidden

Category: Code Reproducibility: Always Summary: The health bar for Santa's cart in the new Santa's Workshop map does not become visible if you disable "Hide Boss Healthbar" in the options. Description: The issue is in class KFGame.KFGFxWidget_BossHealthBar, function TickHud(), at about line...
  19. Insert Name Here

PC Extra ammo from perk passives not being added due to missing code

Category: Code Reproducibility: Always Summary: When using a perk that gets extra spare ammo from a perk passive or skill (e.g. Demo, Support, Firebug), the ammo is not added. For example, a level 25 Support is supposed to start with 30 spare ammo for the MB500 due to the +25% ammo passive...
  20. Insert Name Here

PC 9mm pistol deletion bug due to erroneous CanCarryWeapon() calculations

Category: Code Reproducibility: Always Summary: Picking up a second 9mm pistol (and, I assume, the second pistol for other dual weapons) when you do not have enough carrying capacity to do so deletes the single pistol from your inventory. Description: The root cause of this issue lies in the...